Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting without a job?

Hi Girls,

Anyone ever quitted without a job? Was it an impulsive move? Any regrets? And how long did your next job search take?

Well, I just quitted without a job. And the market seems pretty bad now. I wonder if I should have tolerated on. Sigh But of course it's too late for regrets now.

Just stick to it

Comment

I have also quitted without a job. Yeah, the job market is really damm quiet now.
      I have searched around for 1mth++ before I managed to find a new job.

I'm sure you have reasons for quitting without a job - stick to your decision then. Dun regret.

All the best to your job searching

Comment

1mth plus is consider fast ..many are still searching after more than 3 mths

Comment

i'm contemplating about it too. just gotten the bonus.

Comment

I resigned from my first job without securing another job coz that was the only way to 'motivate' me to find a new job. The longer i stuck with that first job, the less impetus i would have to find a new one which was way overdue, since i was almost there for 1.5 years.

Fortunately for me (or that's how i saw it), i managed to get a temp job 4 months later (i know i took my time at it) and got converted after a month to be a perm. Another 1.5 years gone by and am itching to move again, though the motivation to start looking isn't there again, as usual. Though this time round, i think i will secure a job first before tendering

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker
              I have also quitted without a job. Yeah, the job market is really damm quiet now.
              I have searched around for 1mth++ before I managed to find a new job.

I'm sure you have reasons for quitting without a job - stick to your decision then. Dun regret.

All the best to your job searching
              but the job market is very good now according to my friends who are in statistic department of manpower hahaha they predict it will decline next year. (but depends on what kind of jobs you want and whether you are fighting with fresh grads)

I quit without a job also, found a job in 1 month, looking for a job is a full time job haha

Good luck to all!

Comment

i quit my last job without securing a new job cos i couldnt stand that company anymore. i managed to get a new and better one within a month. now the job market is quite good - look at the amount of jobs in ST recruit nowadays. far cry from the late 1990s when jobs were scarce...

Comment

Ya, I thought the job market is pretty ok this year especially. There are quite a number of not bad job ads around. Of course, provide one is not too picky.

Comment

I ever quit by walking out .. .. couldnt stand the nonsense that japanese MNC was giving me and left at 12am on friday evening .. and nver returning .. i paid them one months' pay but to me, it was worthwhile getting my senses back and my life together again .. ..

but then again, that was when i was 20 .. young and impulse & i dont think i will ever do such a thing again though i never regretted leaving without notice ..

*not irresponsible of me, but my manager has refused to accept my resignation while leaving me to die on the job .. i assure you guys i am a very responsible and committed person at work actually .. even till now ..

Comment

i had the experience of quitting without a job as well. i was at a lost of what to do next actually, ie finding the right kind of job.

i went to register myself with recruit express. while waiting for them to find me a job, i surfed through many job websites, like jobsdb.com etc and submitted many resumes to companies whose job i'm interested in.

about a month later, they got a job for me as a temp staff for 6 months with extension. luckily for me, the dept i worked in was sold to another company, and there was a job opening for a position. i applied for that and i got the job. just passed one year into the job and i'm still quite satisfied with it.

all the best to you, felicity..you hang in there! don't give up!

Comment

I'm 22 going 23 this year, not too young, but still as impulsive

Either way, I'm really fearful that my next job will be worse than this one! How did you girls get better jobs? I guess really have to open my eyes wider this time round to look @ the job scope! And it 's going be even more difficult for me as I'm only with this firm for half a year.

Sigh... so much uncertainties in front... just hope to get some interviews first

Comment

i left my previous job without a job too..
                          i thought long and hard.. definitely wasnt impulsive..
                          yup, i was initally apprehensive.. thought it would be the end of my career, etc..
                          but then once the job offers started coming in.. it kinda felt that everything was on track again..
                          i had a break of 2 months before starting my new job..

i guess after going through your ex job, you would roughly know what you want and dont want in your next job..
                          so the kind of questions you ask your interviewer will help you understand your prospective job scope, environment, etc better..

Comment

felicity..don't think too much ok

Comment

Originally posted by felicity
                              Hi Girls,

Anyone ever quitted without a job? Was it an impulsive move? Any regrets? And how long did your next job search take?

Well, I just quitted without a job. And the market seems pretty bad now. I wonder if I should have tolerated on. Sigh But of course it's too late for regrets now.
                              yes i quitted without finding one too and it took me 2 weeks to find a new one...

Comment

Working...
                              X