Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaginal infection

any gals encountered vaginal infection?
    this is one of the name and symptoms of infection.

Bacterial vaginosis
    Discharge: Increased discharge (possibly milky) with foul, fishy odor

Other Signs: Itching ot burning in or near the vagina

What did you do about it?

my friend has it before, she went to see a doctor when urinating became painful. The doctor gave her some oral medication for it and slowly it cleared up. The doctor told her that BV it is not a serious infection but if not treatment was done , it can cause infections in the uterus and fallopian tubes. And told her to refrain from having sex during the medicated period of time. So, gotta hurry to see the doctor.

Comment

Does yeast infection counts as vaginal infection ?

Comment

uglyfatchick: yep it does... yeast infection is a form of vaginal infection sometimes it's caused by a very strong dosage of powerful antibiotics... HTHs

Comment

emmie: Thanks.

Comment

oh.. hmm..i suppose i gotten this infection for quite some time. But dont dare to visit a doc. Anyway, which doc should i visit? Is it alright if i just go to neighbourhood doc ? TIA

Comment

Yes, I think a neighbourhood doc will be able to treat it.

Comment

Thanks a lot!!

Btw, lil_petals do you know around how much will it cost? Not sure how much should I bring.

Comment

Its just like any consultation.. the doc will ask u some qns then he'll prescribe some antibiotics or a tablet to insert into your vagina.. thats my experience when i got BV last year. Its not very ex.. i paid 35 or sth like that..

Comment

The medicines are quite costly in my opinion. I usually use self-remedies first like eating yogurts and drinking Vitagen, cos the lactoballus cultures helps to clear yeast infection. This is what i read from the internet and it does works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_petals
                      my friend has it before, she went to see a doctor when urinating became painful. The doctor gave her some oral medication for it and slowly it cleared up. The doctor told her that BV it is not a serious infection but if not treatment was done , it can cause infections in the uterus and fallopian tubes. And told her to refrain from having sex during the medicated period of time. So, gotta hurry to see the doctor.
                      I believe this is infection in the urinary tract, not of the vagina. It's also called honeymoon cystitis.. I think you can guess why.. Ways to prevent this is to pee before and after you-know-what.

Comment

dont think doctor will prescribe anitbiotics, cos antibiotics is one of the possible cause for viginal infection.
                        consultation charges are as per normal, but the medication is expensive. I got it a few times and was so scare to see other doctors now, for fear they might prescribe too strong antibiotics for me. But then, I've very sensitive skin and fall sick quite easily.

Comment

Glossie..
                          I have very frequent UTI even though am not having you-know-what.. And i'm quite frustrated over this. In fact, my dosages of antibiotics from the docs are just getting heavier and heavier only. But every bacteria culture results came back saying it's normal (as in the medicine given should be suitable). So, i'm relying on really conscientious hygiene, daily cranberry supplements (not just juice) and still would feel uncomfortable sometimes as long as my water consumption dips. Do you happen to know why... and what else can I do..

Comment

Oops, my apologies, Ribbons! Yes I should state that this happens to those who don't engage in sexual intercourse. Erm.. what do the docs have to say? I'm really hardly the person with the answers.. would you consider imbibing red wine?

Comment

the st%pid doc insisted that I must be having wild outdoor sex when I said no no no..... The most serious bout was when I came back from Siam Reap (38deg scorching temp, not enough water, too much walking and perspiration) when I could see my pee pink with fresh blood.. . So his reason is that some people are just more prone to UTI because they are not passing enough urine, drinking enough water, cleaning themselves in the right direction, blah blah etc etc.

What I'm afraid is, if could it be that i'm physically build in a way that the urinary tract is sort of twisted so bacteria is trapped more easily.. etc. But the doc doesn't want to send me for xray yet, saying that the last antibiotics should work. (that's my 3rd visit to the same doc within half a year, it's really not normal.. almost like flu??? ). True that since it hasn't happen.

Anyway, I'm just doing all the neccessary stuff that he said.. because the minute I lapse in anything (wipe wrong direction, not enough water, etc) I will feel the need-to-pee-urge-but-not-enough-pee indication that UTI is coming.. argh.

Comment

Working...
                              X