No announcement yet.

Natural delivery vs C-sec (Pros & cons)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural delivery vs C-sec (Pros & cons)

HI mummies
    I am now 20 weeks preg. My gynae had informed me that my placenta was too low. It was lying below baby. For most cases, placenta lies above the baby and during natural delivery, baby comes out first, then the placenta. Gynae said that in my case, the placenta will come out first before the baby, and as a result, baby might lose its blood supply and oxygen even before its out. She said I might need to go for a c-sec. I am quite worried when I heard this, as i had intended to go for natural delivery. Can you mummies advice on the pros and cons of natural delivery vs c-sec?

thanks so much

elly, for my pregnancy with kirsten, i had placenta previa too and was warned that i might have to do c-sec. you are only 20 weeks, chances of the placenta shifting up as the pregnancy advances is high. it happens to more than 50% of pregnancies. imho....would advise that you only really start worrying about it when you enter your last trimester. my gynae detected mine at 20 weeks but only told me about it when i was 30 weeks, so i wouldn't worry unduly. in the end my placenta shifted and cleared the canal at 34 weeks enabling me to deliver naturally.

but whilst waiting for the placenta to shift, hubby and i decided that if we had to do a c-sec, it would be an epidural c-sec so we could still be part of kirsten's birth.

oh yes and if its confirmed that you have PP, you won't have a choice to deliver naturally, it has to be c-sec.

hth!

Comment

Elly - don't worry so much. Let's see your 34 weeks scan then decided again. As i also have low placenta & during my recent scan - my placenta moved back to normal position. Thus just enjoy your pregnancy now & decide later

Comment

Originally posted by ShoppingQueenie
        Elly - don't worry so much. Let's see your 34 weeks scan then decided again. As i also have low placenta & during my recent scan - my placenta moved back to normal position. Thus just enjoy your pregnancy now & decide later

Thanks girls,
        Lets wait and see how. Its reassuring to know that it is quite common in pregnancies.

Cheers!
        Elly

Comment

Working...
        X