Home-cooked soups!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home-cooked soups!!!

Anyone has any recipes for simple home made soups?

i also need some receipes for home cooked soup.... i am a total failure in cooking .

****..... pity my SO. even the instant noodles i cook also taste awful.

i ever tried cooking soup with potato, carrot and pork ribs but it's just not nice.

Comment

my cooking is also so-so only, but i LOVE soups so wanna learn how to cook them.

Comment

i'm also looking for nice and easy recipes.
        i can't cook for nuts but my SO will still eat all the horrible stuff i cook....poor him

Comment

your hubby LOVES you!!! to him, the food you cooked are like heaven! hehe.

Originally posted by jewelbee
          i'm also looking for nice and easy recipes.
          i can't cook for nuts but my SO will still eat all the horrible stuff i cook....poor him

Comment

It's quite easy to buy those pre-packed ingredients from supermarket or chinese medicine shops.
            The ingredients will be different bits of chinese herbs or wolf berry kind of things.

I have tried using one packet with chicken drumstick and corn.
            Simmer for few hours and the soup is sweet and nice.

Comment

when cooking soup, don't used a slow cooker. Though its convient but the soup won't tasted as good as stove cooked ones...

Comment

Yes, don't use slow cooker.
                Use the clay pots sold at Tangs basement for best results.
                But if let's say you are working and can only afford little time, then slow cooker is a good choice.

Comment

Old Cucumber Soup

What you need:
                  500g soup bones/spare ribs
                  1 kg old cucumber

Seasonings:
                  Salt, to taste
                  some fish sauce

Method:
                  (1) Wash and scrub the skin of the old cucumbers. Cut into half and then halved it lengthwise. Remove the seeds.

(2) Boil about 3L of water. Scoop out some of the boiling water to scald the soup bones. Rinse the soup bone well.

(3) Add old cucumbers and soup ribs into the remaining boiling water and bring to a boil. After that, turn to medium heat and cook for 3 hours.

(4) Before turning off the stove, add in seasonings.

Comment

Winter melon soup

Ingredients:
                    Winter melon
                    pork ribs/ chicken bones/ chicken thighs
                    cuttle fish ( optional)
                    salt to taste
                    fish sauce to taste

boiled 2L of water and used some to scald the ribs
                    Cook the bones for soup base
                    then add in the winter melon and the meat & cuttlefish
                    brew for 2hrs using low heat
                    Add salt n fish sauce to taste

Comment

Water crest soup

Fresh water crest
                      Pork ribs
                      Water
                      4 Dates " ** zao"
                      Salt to taste

method:

Boil 3L water
                      Wash the water crest
                      den seperate the stem n the leaves
                      use white string to tied the stem togther... leave aside
                      When the water had boil, pour some over the ribs.. to get rid of *** pork smell
                      After that add in the pork rib, dates , salt ... use high heat for 20min THEN lower to low heat
                      brew for 3hrs under low heat.....

ONLY add in the watercest to cook when u wanna to serve.. IF NOT, it will turn yellowish....
                      If you are not going to eat the leaves, just cooked till the leaves turn yellow also can.

Comment

1st: ABC soup ( mummy gave this name for pork ribs + potaoto, radish carrot soup)

Pork ribs, Chinese type potato( yellowish ones), carrots, radish( good for smokers as it's for cleaning systems, some big onions for flavouring.

Mummy's tips: add fishballs to add "sweetness " to the soup.. just add salt to taste..

2nd: Lian ou tang( lotus soup)

pork ribs as usual, or can use chicken feet if you dont usually eat the pork
                        Lotus, cleab toroughly and slice them, not too thick.
                        Add red dates for sweetness, and some fishballs( it always taste better with fishballs i dont know why), salt to taste.

and many more... my fav is the la la tang aka spicy veg soup..

veg used is the sze chuan veg,( spicy one) with pork ribs...

P.S: actually for most chinese soup.. its easy to prepare.. mostly same flavouring, just different beans or vegetables. just add salt to taste and the longer you brew, the better it taste...

Comment

thanks cotters!!!! all these receipes are my favourite soups!!!!

anyone know how to cook the da bai chai soup?

Comment

Originally posted by kriez

and many more... my fav is the la la tang aka spicy veg soup..

veg used is the sze chuan veg,( spicy one) with pork ribs...

P.S: actually for most chinese soup.. its easy to prepare.. mostly same flavouring, just different beans or vegetables. just add salt to taste and the longer you brew, the better it taste...
                            actually for sze chuan vege soup, the sze chuan cai have to wash til very clean, else it's very salty.

miaka05: i suppose da bai cai soup is pretty easy. just vege, carrot, fishball, pork rib and some 'kou qi zi'(optional, cos i like this with fishball) and salt to taste.

Comment

hmm... how to cook fish ball soup with dong fen? i don't like to put those chicken stock/cubes

Comment

Working...
                              X