Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confinement Lady

Hi all

Would like to know if anyone has come across good & reliable confinement lady? Any recommendation?

:note:

TIA

How about getting one from TMC (thomson medical centre)? You pay just slighlty more but in return, you get a confinement lady that is specially trained by TMC. All their confinement ladies are trained by the hospital and you can be sure they will not force ridiculous and unproven theories down your throat. From what I know, all their CL have to pass numerous rounds of tests including knowledge regarding hygiene and appropriate baby care/handling.

My MIL is doing confinement for me, if not, I'll defintiely get a CL from them.

Comment

Those Thomson CL sounds very professional indeed. MIL don't believe in confinment, so my confinement lady was my mum. But I didn't do those ridiculous confinement thingy such as not having shower or wash hair for a month. I told my mum if I don't shower or wash my hair for a month, I'm gonna develop post-natal depression!

I read somewhere that some food caterer also do confinment food catering. You might wanna ask around?

Comment

Thanks Momo & Mango

I will check out with TMC. :late:

Comment

Yeah, I have links to some confinement food caterers, let me know if you're interested.

I heard they're quite overpriced and food is bland, but I'm already catering normal food now so I'm pretty used to the quality of catered food. Anyway, bland to me is ok, at least I know they're not putting too much or no MSG into the food.

Anyway, I'm not getting a confinement lady, will cater special food and MIL/mom will be here to help me

Comment

hi popcorn,

I'm looking for a confinement lady too. It doesn't help that my due date is so close to CNY and if baby decides to come out early, it'll be during CNY and confinement lady is usually not willing to do it.

Better start looking for one fast. I realised that MTB due in Apr have started booking already!
            I've shortlisted 2 so far, one Malaysian and one Singaporean. Need to speak to them further to see if they are ok because i don't want to end up having ridiculous practices force down on me.

Comment

hi keiko n all

I agreed with you, yours is ard CNY so is not easy to find better get it confirmed asap....though mine is in early March is after CNY still prefers to quickly get it settle down...hehe so 'Kiasu'

As my 1st two child were done by my MIL but they are very discouraging me to BF and end up gave up my BF...so i hope with 3rd one I can do BF in my own house with the support of you guys and my sis.

Anyway just to share with you all... I have called TMC to check on their C/Lady its so $$$. Stay-in @ $2200 and non-stayin @ $1900 if u r in-patient there'll be 10% disc. any query can call them @ 62514090.

Comment

Confinement Lady to recommend ?

would you have any reliable & experienced confinement lady to recommend ? May I have her contact numbers ? Thanks in advance..

My sis is looking for one that is good. (she heard of cases where they'll do for a few weeks then claim family got issue, and just went off like that)...

Comment

Hi Katrina,

There already is an existing thread on this, so i've merged your thread with it.

Comment

hi ladies, if your confinement was done by your MIL or Mum, do you gave red packet?

TIA

Comment

Of course! Hmmm...So far I've not heard of anyone who doesn't.

Comment

errr..how much to give?

Comment

The usual is $800-$1200 I guess? Since hiring a confinement lady would have cost you twice as much. I guess if finances are a little tight you could stick to $800 (nice number which alot of mums like).

Comment

thanks mango mummy for your advice,you are so sweet

Comment

my MIL proposed to do my confinement (on half-day basis) at her place. She's also cooking dinner for the whole family.... would S$1k for confinment and S$500 for confinement food & hubby's dinner (total S$1.5k) be sufficient (given before start of confinement) ? Will i still need to give red-packet after the confinment ? thanks for your advice in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X