New Beginnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meow123
    Very cutteeee Dol, how to tell the male seahorse apart from the female huh?
    TRust Missi Meow to ask such a question!

Ans: look for their red trunks!!!

Comment

LOL, meow! I don't think I saw any red trunk either :huh:

Hunny, I love your aquarium! I want to have one after watching Finding Nemo but I know it's more difficult to rear saltwater marine life and I am only an amateur. Would love to watch little clown fish swimming around the tank! Right now, I can only see them on my PC screensaver

Comment

i do agree that watching fish can be rather therapeutic. one of my friends has a little man made pond in his living room and i used to get be able to stare at the fish for an hour. he used to wonder if i was looking for gold.

thanks for sharing the pics, dol and hunny. beautiful pics you have there.

Comment

How do I tell the difference between male and female seahorses?

The males have a gradual slope (the pouch) from the belly to the tail, whereas the females have about a 90-degree angle where the belly meets the tail. Also, the anal fin on the female is located under the belly and points straight down, whereas on the male it is higher up near the opening of the pouch. However, keep in mind that all young seahorses look like females. Males typically don't develop pouches until approximately 4-6 months of age.

Extracted from seahorse.org

Comment

Thanks Dol! All seahorses look similar to me. Now I know males from females

Comment

Since I started this thread, I thought I better contribute

I'm now beginning Meow and Pan's idea of $10 a week (but the exception is: when SO pays, that's not counted :booty: ). Also, I would buy essentials like bread, etc. at the beginning of the week and they are not included in the $10 budget. Plus, any planned outings are not counted. For example, next week will not include Saturday because that's when I'm going on a movie marathon with a friend I've not met for 2 weeks but I'll set aside and bring out $50 for that day. No cards. I'll try to do this on alternate weeks. I will start mine next week, after today's shopping!

Also, I think my sluggish feeling these few days is not due to the fact that I've not been exercising, but in due mostly because I've been eating unhealthily. So from now on, I'm going to watch what I put into my mouth.

On attitude, I have been learning to be positive on ALL matters. I've been given extra load of work this week. I decided not to complain. What can I achieve by complaining? In the end, the person who threw me all the work felt guilty and relieved me of some. Even if he did not do that, life was still ok with the extra work. It's not such a big deal. As they said, why sweat the small stuff? And I'm happier because of that.

I'm actually looking forward to these new 'adventures'. At least there's something I can look forward to. Somemore, I want to pick up something - dance class or language class. These always make me very fulfilled. More updates when I have decided what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                As they said, why sweat the small stuff? And I'm happier because of that.

Somemore, I want to pick up something - dance class or language class. These always make me very fulfilled. More updates when I have decided what to do.
                Bravo! When things seem to get out of hand and I feel swamped / unhappy / dissastisfied, I always like to take a step back to look at the bigger picture...and then when I do, I realize that the stuff I'm fuming over is actually pretty trivial and petty.

Do keep us posted on what you're planning to do next!

Comment

Originally posted by pandora76
                  Bravo! When things seem to get out of hand and I feel swamped / unhappy / dissastisfied, I always like to take a step back to look at the bigger picture...
                  Yep I totally agree!

VP just arrowed me for a major project... so that means I'm taking on much more. I don't mind the workload, but that will mean doing my work at 3 different places! Thinking of cloning 2 more of me....

But it's ok... I CAN take it! And I will emerge better trained, gain the much needed experience and still continue to do what I like most: R&D!

I am woman, hear me roar! Ok, i'm officially in permanent jeans and T-shirt wear for the next 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
                    Karen, all the best to your $10 weekend. I did mine last weekend and was very satisfied. Taking a break this weekend and will go for $10 weekend next week.

Hey, then I'm stricter on myself. I'm doing $10 a week, but I allow myself lots of allowances. So we are fair and square

But, you all are so supportive that I know with your support, I can do it!
                    Last edited by kare2711; 28-08-2003, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pandora76

Do keep us posted on what you're planning to do next!
                      Hmm .. I'm thinking of going for Pilates and/or Lindy Hopping for now. I heard you're interested too?

But I'm still searching for a good place to go for Pilates.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                        Hey, then I'm stricter on myself. I'm doing $10 a week, but I allow myself lots of allowances. So we are fair and square

But, you all are so supportive that I know with your support, I can do it!
                        $10/week? If I decide to go for that... it'll not be enough for my meals...less than $1.50/day for 3 meals. I'm impressed & I'm sure u can do it.

Comment

i posted a msg saying i start doing yoga every morning... boy!!! i'm seeing results in less than a month (considering i stopped for a week for "that thing of the month")... i climbed the stairs w/o panting and feeling tired today!!!! i'm going to keep doing it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joce7878
                            Thinking of cloning 2 more of me....
                            Ask me! I often feel like that. I have to shuttle myself around NUS, Science Park and Woodland... Sometimes it can be very tiring! But I shall work hard and harder...just quoted my own paper in my new paper... Feel a sense of satisfaction!

My new beginning? To learn a new language when I come back with MSB. Hope I don't look like an idiot beside this fast-learner!!
                            Last edited by riverie; 29-08-2003, 04:01 AM.

Comment

my new beginning? i've started lindy hop class again after a 3 year hiatus. it feels good to be dancing again, and hey i realised i haven't forgotten as much as i though i had. did 2 classes today, a beginners class to accompany my bf, and an intermediate class for more of a workout.

next up, pilates!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ann
                                $10/week? If I decide to go for that... it'll not be enough for my meals...less than $1.50/day for 3 meals. I'm impressed & I'm sure u can do it.
                                It's easy for me because I either eat dinners at my brother-in-law's or at my parents-in-law's. Then on Saturday I always go home to my mum's to eat.

As for breakfast, one loaf of bread can last till the end of the week.

It's not going to be easy but that's the challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X