Scary online transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary online transactions

If someone buys something from me online, and she wants me to give her my real name, contact number and contact address in order to the complete the transaction, do I have any reason to be suspicious? -She says she needs the above information for an ATM transfer. Scary!

Have you all had any freaky experiences online?

I guess on the other hand, she must be a newbie, worrying buying online is not safe and wanted all your particulars, just in case she dont receive anything from you, and she's going to knock on your door....

Just be nice to her and propose a meet up for the transaction then

Comment

jeannette, i've never encountered this before! but i do know that OCBC requires members to give them prior notice for any fund transfers to other banks. they ask for the name and acct no. ONLY of the person to whom the money is to be transferred, but that's it. be careful! i'd say, ask her why she needs it.

Comment

She's in Malaysia! I just feel it's only common sense not to divulge our full name and other important details online. Now she's sending me very rude emails (thank goodness she's not from MUA, though!)...

Comment

Originally posted by jeannette
          She's in Malaysia! I just feel it's only common sense not to divulge our full name and other important details online. Now she's sending me very rude emails (thank goodness she's not from MUA, though!)...
          not from mua, then is from.......??? :huh:

Comment

ask her why does she need it..
            how's she transferring the money over?

Comment

Not from MUA, from Yahoo auctions (where I ply my impulse buys, haha!)

She's asking her sister here to transfer the money by ATM. According to what I know from previous transactions, you don't need to divulge such details in order to transfer money over by ATM! So girls, be careful...

Comment

ATM transfer - only need acct number
                Bank OTC fund deposit - need acct number AND acct name

under no circumstances are you required to give your telephone number or address.

Comment

Hmm. That's useful info! I shall bear that in mind - thank you vixette! :D

Comment

Working...
                  X