Appropriate to give presents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appropriate to give presents?

let say, my bf's birthday is just like a day or 2 apart away from christmas, and i've already decided to get what i want for him. then again, i've already bought already. and let say now, we have broke up due to some communication breakdown, should i still give him?

why not? if you don't want to see him, pass it to a mutual friend or drop it by his place when he's not around

but if the both of you broke up because he cheated on you (or something along those lines) then i'll keep the present

or try returning it if you're not comfortable with giving it to him? or give it to somebody else who's more deserving

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee
      why not? if you don't want to see him, pass it to a mutual friend or drop it by his place when he's not around

but if the both of you broke up because he cheated on you (or something along those lines) then i'll keep the present

or try returning it if you're not comfortable with giving it to him? or give it to somebody else who's more deserving
      hi duckiee,
      i do wish to see him, just that i don't know if he's willing to see me?

he didn't cheat on me, it's due to some mis-communication. both of us havent break yet, but i got a strong feeling that it's hard to be salvaged. most probably, we will break up in a few weeks time.

i bought a shirt for him, one that he likes but doesnt want to get it because his old one is still in good condition. for christmas, i make some craftwork thiny for him, and on it, i have already stiched his name onto it, so i cant give it to other people also.

Comment

Shirlyn, I have changed the title of the thread to make it clearer and different from the other thread which discuss what presents to give to hubby/bf.

Back to your question, you will not know if he is willing to meet you unless you try. If it is really due to some mis-communication that you broke up (or on the verge of breaking up), then I think this may be a good chance to meet up and clear up whatever issues you have between the two of you Go with an open mind of meeting a good friend and talking things through. It may be easier All the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie
          Shirlyn, I have changed the title of the thread to make it clearer and different from the other thread which discuss what presents to give to hubby/bf.

Back to your question, you will not know if he is willing to meet you unless you try. If it is really due to some mis-communication that you broke up (or on the verge of breaking up), then I think this may be a good chance to meet up and clear up whatever issues you have between the two of you Go with an open mind of meeting a good friend and talking things through. It may be easier All the best!
          Thanks Vonnie! I've been thinking what title should i put for the topic. Thanks again.

He's teh stubborn kind, whenever we encounter any problems, He only wants to discuss it with me behind the computer, and not face to face. and It's very hard to ask him out. If it's not to accompany me, He would rather stay at home sleep, play games, meet up his friends and play games kind. He's also very stubborn, what's over is over. And another thanks for your suggestion. I think no matter what happens to us on that day, I will ask him out

Comment

Originally posted by Shirlyn
            He's teh stubborn kind, whenever we encounter any problems, He only wants to discuss it with me behind the computer, and not face to face. and It's very hard to ask him out. If it's not to accompany me, He would rather stay at home sleep, play games, meet up his friends and play games kind. He's also very stubborn, what's over is over.
            That is just a vulnerable side of most guys. The computer is his shield in this case Guess he is just too scared to let you see how he feels cos his eyes or facial expression may give him away. Communicating via the computer may not be so bad also, most importantly there must be some form of communication. Whenever I feel really down and do not want to talk face to face with my SO (cos I cry easily), I will write him a note or type him an e-mail also

Yup, do as you deem is right

Comment

but he don't seem to use e-mail
              i've tried e-mailing him but he didn't replied

Comment

things getting better my dear?

Comment

No worries sweetie. Maybe his mailbox is full. Maybe mail go lost in the net? Sometimes it happens.

Try smsing him to meet up?

Comment

Just give it to him. A considerate gift is always sweet! You never know, this might just make you guys patch up!

Comment

Originally posted by elainetsai
                      Just give it to him. A considerate gift is always sweet! You never know, this might just make you guys patch up!
                      Yup.. Never try, you will never know. If its just miscommunication, try to ask him out and talk things out. Somehow, it can still settle.. Hope you guys will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X