How long would you wait for your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long would you wait for your SO?

I am wondering... if you are in a relationship with a guy, and you feel confident about him, but he is "still not sure yet," how long would you wait for him to make up his mind?

Kind of a sad question...

Re: How long would you wait on your SO?

Originally posted by koneko
    I am wondering... if you are in a relationship with a guy, and you feel confident about him, but he is "still not sure yet," how long would you wait for him to make up his mind?

Kind of a sad question...
    well, i prob ask him how long more
    hee, i am not good at twisting my words
    oh well, there could be a lot of factors that could be affecting his decision though
    sit him down for a talk, if he is worried abt the "c" word, prob he will need some time

not a sad question, just reality dearie

Comment

Re: Re: How long would you wait on your SO?

Originally posted by natnatviv
      well, i prob ask him how long more
      hee, i am not good at twisting my words
      oh well, there could be a lot of factors that could be affecting his decision though
      sit him down for a talk, if he is worried abt the "c" word, prob he will need some time

not a sad question, just reality dearie
      thank you for the advice...
      I have another question... after discussing plans, and what the factors are affecting him, how long is too long to wait on him to decide?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: How long would you wait on your SO?

thank you for the advice...
        I have another question... after discussing plans, and what the factors are affecting him, how long is too long to wait on him to decide?
        i give him as long as he wants to
        but if he is indecisive, prob u make ur decision and let him know

Comment

Me too.. i'll give me the time he needs to think.. No point hurrying him..

Comment

hmm... is 3 years of waiting not too long then?

Comment

hmm... is 3 years of waiting not too long then?
              Hmm.. that's very long!! I was expecting like few weeks or months.. In that case, i'll think that the guy is pretty indecisive.. maybe u can ask him how much longer he intends to take and prob tell him your decision.. since he cant make up his mind..

Comment

The longest time I'd wait for him is one month. If he still can't make up his mind after one month, then I'd say :bye:

Comment

3 years is too long for me.. maybe a few months if i like him alot, or a year if i feel he's the one or if i find i can really click with him and keep comparing other guys with him...

Comment

IMO 3 years is prob too long
                    oh well nothing is for certain sit him down and talk to him my dear

Comment

Maybe you need to ask why there is a need to "wait" for him? I believe in compromises and sacrifice to meld 2 people in a relationship. What does "waiting" mean for you? To be a complete bystander? Does he understand the sacrifice you're making and is he willing to give himself a shorter time to decide?

I've waited for someone to make his decision about me before, and it broke my heart because I felt like a little girl forced to sit in a corner while someone debated whether he wanted you in his life :roll: Ooops too much info, just hope you girls don't mind me sharing!

3 years IS a long time, but to each her own! I hope things work out for you

Comment

eh, actually, my SO isnt so afraid of the C word.

We've talked about marriage, etc. He didnt tell me how long, but we have a mutual decision that it's when we have enough money.

But he doesnt plan though, he left me to do the planning on whether we have enough money... Does it mean he not confident on the C word??

Comment

Originally posted by lolitapop
                          Maybe you need to ask why there is a need to "wait" for him? I believe in compromises and sacrifice to meld 2 people in a relationship. What does "waiting" mean for you? To be a complete bystander? Does he understand the sacrifice you're making and is he willing to give himself a shorter time to decide?

I've waited for someone to make his decision about me before, and it broke my heart because I felt like a little girl forced to sit in a corner while someone debated whether he wanted you in his life :roll: Ooops too much info, just hope you girls don't mind me sharing!

3 years IS a long time, but to each her own! I hope things work out for you

Sigh... I think my heart is breaking too. Basically he says he is "committed" to me, but doesn't know if I am the "one." So I totally feel the way you described... like a little girl trying to behave, waiting in the corner, waiting for him to make up his mind.

We talk and we talk, and it's always the same answer. I just don't know anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by califit
                            eh, actually, my SO isnt so afraid of the C word.

We've talked about marriage, etc. He didnt tell me how long, but we have a mutual decision that it's when we have enough money.

But he doesnt plan though, he left me to do the planning on whether we have enough money... Does it mean he not confident on the C word??
                            yo girl how to plan when u guys are still in uni?
                            heee when he starts working, u can keep his money for him
                            ahahahahha this is what i call mandane planning

no, i dont think the thing is confidence, more on the reality of the situation doesnt allow him to do anything
                            remember slow and steady

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
                              yo girl how to plan when u guys are still in uni?
                              heee when he starts working, u can keep his money for him
                              ahahahahha this is what i call mandane planning

no, i dont think the thing is confidence, more on the reality of the situation doesnt allow him to do anything
                              remember slow and steady
                              he is intending to go for postgrad studies... and is teaching tuition now. so saving from his tuition income and his scholarship.

when he starts working, i dont know when that will be.... heh. but according to him, by 26 should be alright.

he's quite cute in a sense, he told me i can just save 500 a month, while he saves 1500 a month, coz he is so sure that I will spend most of my money on clothes, skincare and makeup...

Comment

Working...
                              X