Irritating Insects!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritating Insects!!

I need help here..... i dont know since when ants has been hanging around my home, and my bedroom!! I'm so irritated by it... need some suggestions here....

My mom said it must be the sweets that i have in my handbag caused it, but i took them all out and checked, is all empty....

Those irritating ants hang around my bathroom too, sometimes on my toothbrush... when i have clothes on the basin for some time, i will find some there too..... I can see them hanging around my table, my keyboard.... worse of them, i will see some on my BED recently.....:puke:

Could it be hidden dust that caused it?? Any other reasons??

The ants also like my doggie's empty food bowl... it wasnt like that before!!!!!!

Is the those big black ants?? I think there might be a hidden nest somewhere inside or outside your house; or some dead insects somewhere which attracts those ants. I don't think sweets in your handbag causes it... I always have foods, sweets, empty drinks packets lying around, but doesn't have that problem *touchwood*.

Maybe what you could do is to spray insecticide all over your room, including under the bed, corners, etc. Then keep the room door closed for an hour or two, kill them all!! HTH :4U
    Last edited by candeecake; 05-01-2004, 01:21 AM.

Comment

thanks candeecake, but is not big black ants... it looks a little reddish small ants.... what does that mean then???

edited to add: i think recently have flying little insects flying into my room..... does that mean something??? :puke:
      Last edited by jemay; 05-01-2004, 01:01 AM.

Comment

hmmm... never encounter that.... is it possible for you to find the *path* where the ants came from?? Maybe then you'll able to find the source.

I've insects flying into my room too, especially when there's a change in weather or it's raining/too cold outside.

Maybe you could try some of the methods mentioned in this website: http://www.thefrugallife.com/ants.html

Comment

Originally posted by candeecake
          hmmm... never encounter that.... is it possible for you to find the *path* where the ants came from?? Maybe then you'll able to find the source.
          I will also recommend that. Usually the ants come from a nest. Follow the path of the ants and then spray lots of insecticide into the nest. That always does the trick for me.

Comment

Hey jemay,

Try using those ant baits (just like those cockroach baits but this one is smaller). You can get them at the supermarket, works for me each time.

The ants could have "shifted" into your place. The recent hot weather may have caused them to seek refuge in your cool bathroom?

Comment

Originally posted by keiko
              Try using those ant baits (just like those cockroach baits but this one is smaller). You can get them at the supermarket, works for me each time.
              ant baits work for me as well
              recently has a whole of army invading my kitchen
              put ant baits and one week later, find dead bodies of ants lying around

Comment

Jemay, I third the ants' baits idea. I use that in my house too It is more convenient to get ants' baits that come in a patch. (looks like those cockroach baits which you still on the wall) Try sticking these near the floor at the corner of your room. Remember not to stick them too near to places where you put food though
                Last edited by Vonn; 05-01-2004, 10:01 AM.

Comment

ants' baits idea is definitely good!!! I didnt know there is such thing on earth!!

Thank you all angels

Comment

Strange....my bf's house is invaded by ants recently too. Not a good sight since I get itchy when I see creepy crawlies.

The ant bait thingy sounds like what I need!

Comment

i'm the expert ant exterminator! Other than the ant bait, which is the most convenient, I've tried the chalk type and the powder bait.

The chalk type is effective but messy to use. It's like a piece of chalk and you draw along the corners of floors / walls and ants will stay away. Kills cockroaches too.

The powder bait is also effective. The ants carried them to their nest and the entire colony gets wiped out Again, this one is not good if you have young children or pets at home.

I rotate among these baits because i think the ants do build up a resistance against these poisons.
                      Thankfully the house is free from ants for a long while now! *touch wood*

Comment

Evon, did you mention that the chalk type can kill cockroaches too? Where did you get this "chalk" from? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie
                          Evon, did you mention that the chalk type can kill cockroaches too? Where did you get this "chalk" from? TIA
                          I used to see the chalk type in NTUC supermarkets the last time but can't seem to find them in the recent half year. Must ask my mum, she's the expert

And yes, the chalk type kills roaches. I used them previously when i was staying with MIL. Ants are welcomed guests at her place I furiously drew the chalk all over the entire house to make sure that the ants don't enter my room The next thing i know, i see dead roaches in the kitchen.

Comment

Do you think the nurseries might sell the chalk? BTW, I use the liquid type from the nurseries.

Whoa! It emits a pungent smell. Usually when the ants sitation gets repetitive and difficult to exterminate, I will "fumigate" the entire house with this. Not before I bring all my pets and ourselves out of the house for at least a day!

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Comment

Originally posted by keiko
                              I furiously drew the chalk all over the entire house to make sure that the ants don't enter my room The next thing i know, i see dead roaches in the kitchen.
                              Woh! Okie, I am on a mission to look for the chalks then Actually I am not sensitive about cockroaches, it is my hubby who detest them Evon, weren't you afraid that the ants in your room couldn't go out instead? ... ..

Stressed, ewww...... you can get pretty violent huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X