Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Magazine Subcription

Hi All :wave:

Do any of you here have subscriptions to overseas magazines? What are they and how do you go about subscribing?

I would like to subscribe to this particular mag from the US but I'm concerned about the shipping charges. Are they included in the international subscription price?

Many thanks!

i used to subscripe to SHAPE and Marie Claire, including shipping fee, it's still cheaper than buying off the shelves. online subscription cost me only S$6 per SHAPE magazine including postage, you'll need to pay S$10 off the shelves. before you subscripe, make sure you check how much they are charging for postage and how long does it take to ship over the magazine. do keep track every month, make sure you get your magazine

usually most US magazines ship international, and will include the international price on their website. if they don't, just send them an email to enquiry abt it. make sure you keep your emails, so in case of anything happens, you have proof

Comment

candeecake: i came across a website called netmagazines who does international subscription for most US magazines.. thought of trying that in case the publisher of my mag doesn't do any direct delivery to sg (i've emailed them to enquire yesterday but no reply yet)..

i've called MPH, Kinokuniya n Borders in sg and the prices that they quote varies.. MPH quoted me the highest price! At MPH's rate, i'd save 70% by subscribing.. For the others, I'd save about 25% of the costs.. Guess I'll give international subscription a shot and hope it works well!

Comment

i suggest trying to search for the magazine publisher than going thru 3rd party, might be cheaper.

this is a local company which provides US magazines subscription too, not sure if they have what you want. might be slightly expensive compared to US website, but at least anything wrong, it's easier to make noise/feedback to them http://www.acmabooks.com

Comment

yeah, true.. trying to get hold of them directly.. *smiles*

thanks for the link! you reminded me of acma.. i have ordered a book from them before and when i cancelled my order, they were kind enough to give me a prompt refund.. they do have the magazine that I want but the price is higher than if i were to buy from local bookstores like Kinokuniya n Borders..

now confused as to whom to buy from and if to subscribe at all.. if only i could get that rate from the publisher..

Comment

I used to subscribe to cosmogirl when i was in secondary school! They're much cheaper than buying the magazines off shelves.. Almost half the price!

Comment

Do all you subscribers get the magazine earlier than when it's out at the newstands?
              Last edited by kare2711; 15-10-2003, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Its about the same time Kare for Shape, For Marie Claire its slightly later but the savings is worth it as I buy US mags even after the issued months sometimes.

I also subscribe to prevention www.prevention.com a really cool US health mag.

Comment

Originally posted by vit_c
                  Its about the same time Kare for Shape, For Marie Claire its slightly later but the savings is worth it as I buy US mags even after the issued months sometimes.
                  Thanks

Comment

Marie Claire, it's a month late!!!! that's why i didn't continue my subscription, plus it always got torn in my mailbox

Comment

i think most magazines will have an option for you to choose sea mail or air mail. sea mail is much cheaper of coz, whereas if you choose air mail it usually cost the same or even more than if you buy off the newstand. i used to order cosmo from the US, works out to be rather cheap but you get the magazine only a month after it comes out on newstands.

Comment

no.. they didn't mention abt their way of shipping... their shipping fee is almost the same as what SHAPE has charge me for shipping their magazine.... so the question is why SHAPE can get their magazine to reached me 2 weeks earlier or on time, and Marie Claire a month late!!! Marie Claire is sort-of fashion magazine... up-to-date fashion news... one month late... news just become old information... they should consider other alternatives or shorten their processing time.

i feedback to them.... then realised that their way of calculating how long it take to have the magazine deliver to me is different. example say, they said it'll take 4 weeks to deliver. IMO, i would think the Sep magazine will get to me in the 2nd-3rd week of Sep, coz since their Sep issues are already in local news stand in the 2rd week of Aug, right?? but no!!! they said it calculate from the 1st week of Sep, this would means that i only get my magazine end of the month or beginning of next month.

now, i remember... i get their magazine late, not a month, but almost 2 months!!! coz their shipment duration is ard 9 weeks.

Comment

I finally got my emails from them.. plus my friend in LA also helped to call them up personally.. good news 'cause the price includes shipping and taxes and what-nots.. it works out to be only 1/4 of the price in sg..

n best of all, i will get the magazine a month before.. meaning i will get jan's issue by 3rd week of dec.. how great can that be, right?

Comment

that's great!!! hmm.... what magazine is that??

Comment

Originally posted by candeecake
                              i suggest trying to search for the magazine publisher than going thru 3rd party, might be cheaper.

this is a local company which provides US magazines subscription too, not sure if they have what you want. might be slightly expensive compared to US website, but at least anything wrong, it's easier to make noise/feedback to them http://www.acmabooks.com
                              Candeecake, thanks for posting the link...I managed to find a book I was looking for there! Now wondering if it's worth it to pay the shipping charges for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X