No announcement yet.

International Magazine Subcription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ann, you can't find it in local bookstore??

Comment

Candeecake, :wave:

Yup, couldn't find it...chance upon those 'introductory chapter' in another book and seems kind of interesting...maybe I was just too stressed and needed a relief by indulging in my fantasies.

Comment

How can I subscribe to SHAPE? and how much is it?

Comment

you can check out their website http://www.shapemag.com

Comment

Subscribe to quite a few magazines and it's much cheaper! Pay $6/issue for 'Mac Home', but the SRP is about $13-15 here. Same goes for 'Mac Addict' with free CD-Roms too.

Also subscribe to 'Psychology Today', only pay like $3, but SRP is >$10 here.

Used to subscribe to 'Cosmopolitan' many years back, it was around $6/issue, initially it came 1 month late, then after a few months, it arrived around the date where they sell on the shelves in US.

The international price is usually inclusive of shipping rates.

Comment

International Magazine Subcription

I just subcribed to Allure (surface mail to Hong Kong) yesterday through the Conde Nast site.
              Do I need to buy the FEB issue from the newstand, or should I wait for my first issue to arrive? Don't know which issue they are going to send me..........
              How long does it usually take to get the ist issue?

Anyone familiar with international magazine subcription stuff?
              :wave:

Comment

Threads merged

Comment

I subscribe to Yoga Journal and Conde Nast Traveller, I find that it is still cheaper to subscribe vs getting it full price at newsstands, cuz inside the mag there is usually a little card offering some promo price if u buy 1 or 2 yrs subscription. And yes, I do get both mags before they hit the newsstands.

Comment

Thanks for merging the thread......lol~

I've posted the same questions on the MUA board, gals there said Conde Nast probably will send me the MARCH issue as the first issue of my subscription .....

so I think I'm getting the FEB issue myself from the newsstand (provided that it's there already, which is NOT!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jadeite
                      I subscribe to Yoga Journal and Conde Nast Traveller, I find that it is still cheaper to subscribe vs getting it full price at newsstands, cuz inside the mag there is usually a little card offering some promo price if u buy 1 or 2 yrs subscription. And yes, I do get both mags before they hit the newsstands.
                      Hi Jadeite,

Are your mags sent through surface mail? I am surprised they get to you before they get on the newstands. If they are, I'd order ... The other mailing option cost like $120!

For Allure:
                      International: Foreign Surface Mail -- 12 issues (one year) for only $15, plus $24 postage & handling
                      International: Foreign AirMail -- 12 issues (one year) for only $120

Comment

Jadeite,
                        I'm just curious... what kind of information can you get from Yoga Journal?? I tried flipping through a yoga magazine in borders, but all I got was advertisment!! Always tempted to get one, but kinda reluctant to pay for just advertisment, and nothing to read. I'm trying very hard to get my yoga routine back, was hoping some yoga magazines could help.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderkid

Used to subscribe to 'Cosmopolitan' many years back, it was around $6/issue, initially it came 1 month late, then after a few months, it arrived around the date where they sell on the shelves in US.
                          Hi Wonderkid

That was before Cosmopolitan was banned right?

Comment

Anyone subscribed to Allure here?
                            How long does it take to hit ur mail box via surface mail?

I finally got the FEB issue from the newsstand, couldn't wait any longer....

Comment

Originally posted by atypical
                              Hi Jadeite,

Are your mags sent through surface mail? I am surprised they get to you before they get on the newstands. If they are, I'd order ... The other mailing option cost like $120!

I believe they should be airmail? Because for both magazines, I will get them before they hit news stands, and e.g. the magazine edition is for Feb 04, I will have received it by 3rd week Jan. Pretty good with shipment which is why I am happy with my subscriptions so far. Usually when I am done reading it, the news stands don't even have the mags yet!

Comment

Originally posted by candeecake
                                Jadeite,
                                I'm just curious... what kind of information can you get from Yoga Journal?? I tried flipping through a yoga magazine in borders, but all I got was advertisment!! Always tempted to get one, but kinda reluctant to pay for just advertisment, and nothing to read. I'm trying very hard to get my yoga routine back, was hoping some yoga magazines could help.
                                hi Candeecake, there are few yoga mags sold here and YJ is the best one IMO. Yes there is quite a lot of ads in the last few pages, but most of the content is very good information on how to perfect a pose, and on meditation (pranayama) and also global info on workshops, retreats, interviews with teachers etc. I have found it very useful. Newsstand price is $15, and my subscription costs $9 so it is much much cheaper. They have a website, you can subscribe to a free newsletter (carries similar content as the magazine) and if you're happy with what you are reading, you may decide to subscribe. Otherwise, the website is a pretty good resource in itself already.

Yoga Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X