No announcement yet.

International Magazine Subcription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does that mean you paid $120 for your subscription Jadeite?

Comment

Originally posted by atypical
      Does that mean you paid $120 for your subscription Jadeite?
      for the Yoga Journal yes, it's about SGD120 for 2 yrs subscription and airmail. For Conde Nast I can't remember the price, but pretty sure at least 30% cheaper than news stand price and also faster, so that is definitely airmail as well.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jadeite but I still don't really get it...

They listed the prices for Allure as followed & I believe it's in US dollars? US$120 for 1 year is a way more than newstand prices aint it?

International: Foreign Surface Mail -- 12 issues (one year) for only $15, plus $24 postage & handling
        International: Foreign AirMail -- 12 issues (one year) for only $120

Comment

Originally posted by atypical

International: Foreign Surface Mail -- 12 issues (one year) for only $15, plus $24 postage & handling
          International: Foreign AirMail -- 12 issues (one year) for only $120
          huh? How much is regular newsstand price in Singapore for Allure? Acmabooks is selling it as S$8.

http://www.acmabooks.com/rethink.boo...isac=MAG029000

I checked the Allure site, you're right about the subscription price via airmail...a whopping USD10! :huh:
          Last edited by Jadeite; 29-01-2004, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Candee,

I have another bone to pick with Marie Claire after 6-8 mths of late magazines it stopped altogether & i cannot remember where i ordered it from to make a complaint!

Comment

vit_c,
              did you order from their US site??

Jadeite, finally got myself a copy of the Yoga Journal. I must say this magazine is so much better than some of the yoga magazines I browsed in Borders. The ones I saw in Borders, have so much advertisements, nothing much to read. Yoga Journal is pretty informative Thank you

Comment

you're welcome candeecake. Glad to have shared some good info.

Comment

ANyone have any idea where can i subscribe to US or UK Cleo magazine? Or any nice interesting magazine abt keep fit?
                  TIA! :wave:

Comment

Originally posted by boxster
                    -snipped-
                    Or any nice interesting magazine abt keep fit?
                    TIA! :wave:
                    Hmm.. how about Self? I quite like its practical and do-able tips!

Comment

Originally posted by snow angel
                      Hmm.. how about Self? I quite like its practical and do-able tips!
                      sound so interesting ? self? hehe.. can i have the link? btw how much is the costs + handling charges! TIA!

Comment

Oh my.. I'm so sorry I forgot all about this link until like now..

boxster: Here's the link!

Oh ya.. I would like to ask.. Ok, take for example this SELF Mag (or any other foreign mag for that matter).. Usually the rates for US subscriptions are so much more attractive than those of the international subscriptions.

What I'd like to know is.. Have anyone of you here actually made use of vPost for this? Meaning you applied for the US subscription, get them mailed to the vPost address in US and then shipped to SG via Vpost. Does it work? Any comments? TIA!

Comment

Hey, I like reading Self too! Find it better than Shape (the US version).

Edited as I saw the pricing for the magazines via vPost. Is the $6.99 charge per magazine per mth?

Comment

I tried using the vPost calculator and I keyed in 12 magazines (arriving in different/separate packages).

The result: A whooping S$83.88!!

I don't think it's going to be cost-effective then to use vPost in this case.

Comment

hi ladies

i came across eBay auctions for magazine subscriptions and the prices are really unbelievable! ie. the rates range from US$0.99 to US$10 or so (US postage included) for 1-3 years of subscription and for that one price, it sometimes include several different titles

but the issue is, it's only for US-based and they do not ship internatioanlly. are there any ways to get it delivered to Singapore without using vPost?
                              Last edited by satinchris; 23-09-2004, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Anyone subscribe to Cosmopolitan (USA edition)? Would like to know how long does it take to reach Singapore. It's selling at S$13.00 here.

Comment

Working...
                                X