Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow white or Pocahontas?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Snow white or Pocahontas?

    Hi ladies

    Out of curiosity, how many of you like your skin to be white and how many of you prefer to be tan?

    I prefer having lightly tanned skin b/cos I think it suits me best
    :yaya:

  • #2
    TAN!!!!! i can't tan though so I'm resorting to self-tanners and bronzing powder... but once in a while I do enjoy being fair

    Comment


    • #3
      It's been a lifelong aspiration for me to have glossy JET BLACK hair set against the palest, most translucent, almost white skin. You know, the quintessential Goth coloring? But at MAC NC25/NC30, I can only dream on... :roll:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cate69
        It's been a lifelong aspiration for me to have glossy JET BLACK hair set against the palest, most translucent, almost white skin. You know, the quintessential Goth coloring? But at MAC NC25/NC30, I can only dream on... :roll:

        oh my goodness this is such an irony...I'm ridiculously fair and my skin is so transluscent you can practically see the veins (ewww...). I think I'm an NW15? My hair's like so black I can't even dye it! I've actually attempted colouring it 7 times at the salon but it's still B-L-A-C-K like crazy...the hair stylists even told me to give up..hahar..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gracegan
          oh my goodness this is such an irony...I'm ridiculously fair and my skin is so transluscent you can practically see the veins (ewww...). I think I'm an NW15? My hair's like so black I can't even dye it! I've actually attempted colouring it 7 times at the salon but it's still B-L-A-C-K like crazy...the hair stylists even told me to give up..hahar..
          *Sigh* It always happens...we always want what we don't/can't have. I would die to have your coloring, although NW15's still not pale enough for me. I'm talking about NW5 kinda white...milky white with blue veins showing thru translucent skin. Maybe I'm the minority here, but I find fragile little veins (but NOT varicose veins!) kinda sexy in a tender sorta way.

          Comment


          • #6
            ahahahahhaha cate u are funny!

            i am pale looking but i have natural flushed cheeks
            actually dont like it cos i like using blushes
            hmmm since that is the case, i stopped buying blushes cos i look like a darn opera singer when i applied it on (that is, when i am diligent enough)

            i dont being tanned, i dont know why
            no offence but i think tandoori chickens are ugly!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by natnatviv
              ahahahahhaha cate u are funny!

              i am pale looking but i have natural flushed cheeks
              actually dont like it cos i like using blushes
              hmmm since that is the case, i stopped buying blushes cos i look like a darn opera singer when i applied it on (that is, when i am diligent enough)

              i dont being tanned, i dont know why
              no offence but i think tandoori chickens are ugly!
              Have you tried putting on foundation to conceal your natural blush? Me, I'm a sucker for ghostly pale skin and wayang-type blusher. I like my blusher strong, preferably in shades like NARS' Exhibit A too. Crazy, I know.
              Last edited by cate69; 11-03-2004, 06:57 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've never seen myself fair before. I belong to one of those kind that turns 'black' when I tanned and I don't like that. Can never achieve that bronze-y look.

                I honestly don't mind looking fair and I mean REALLY fair.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cate69
                  Have you tried putting on foundation to conceal your natural blush? Me, I'm a sucker for ghostly pale skin and wayang-type blusher.

                  ahahhahaha cate i think i rather spend more time in the kitchen than in front of the mirror.....
                  i only use tinted moisturiser and even that i can be lazy sometimes

                  ahahahah i used to look like a ghost, no amount of sunbaking will make me go tanned
                  so am abit better, at least i look like a human being

                  blushes, how i wish i can apply them !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't even get tanned when I'm out in the sun. I just turn lobster-red and then for the better part of the next one month or so, I resemble something akin to a roasted pig.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am naturally fair, which incidently is how my mother and bf likes me. But I would prefer to be tanned, unfortunately it is just not happening. I used to have a lovely golden tan back in JC that was the envy of all my classmates, but my mum complained everyday that I was "chao-ta". I've lost my tan ever since I came to Australia and my mum is happy. :roll:

                      P.S. Chao-ta = burnt

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by raebelasian
                        I've never seen myself fair before. I belong to one of those kind that turns 'black' when I tanned and I don't like that. Can never achieve that bronze-y look.
                        me too! i can't get really fair.. and i can't get tanned.. i turn black when i go into the sun :roll:

                        but thank goodness it fades as fast as i turn black..

                        i don't mind being really tanned and bronzed or really really fair

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I prefer to be Fair. I used to be very tanned during my school days and it made me look soooooo dirty looking. It was not the black tan or golden type of tan. It was like like reddish type of brown.....Yuck!!!

                          For a long time (even after I came out to work), I still thought I was still very dark (I only started wearing foundation 4 yrs ago) even though I have became average fair. I guess the tanned look was deeply imprint in my mind. I remembered when I bought my first liquid foundation (U2B), I practically told the SA she recommended the wrong colour as I was too dark for that color. She gave me a look that said "is she crazy or what?".

                          Now, I am IPSA 101, RMK 201 or Chantecaille Future Skin Ivory. Plus I, too, have naturally flushed cheeks. So it looks so much natural and rosy if my complexion is fair.
                          Last edited by fornight; 11-03-2004, 07:49 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i like fair in winter and tan in summer *grin*

                            reality is sad since i can't get really fair nor tanned.. i turn black and then start peeling like crazy.

                            i also have flushed cheeks thanks to my excezma

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cate69
                              It's been a lifelong aspiration for me to have glossy JET BLACK hair set against the palest, most translucent, almost white skin. You know, the quintessential Goth coloring? But at MAC NC25/NC30, I can only dream on... :roll:
                              You mean like liv tyler right? I think she is totally gorgeous! But I do know a few guys that thinks she always looks cold hehee

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X