Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriends and makeup

Hiya ladies!

I was wondering if any of you ladies have boyfriends or husbands that don't like girls with makeup? and what do you do about it?

My bf absolutely hates any kind of makeup! He calls it "cake" or "icing" :p These days im keeping my m/u light and natural looking...sometimes he doesn't even know I am wearing m/u but i dont even think he notices unless its really colourful or shimmery... :roll:

I think if I keep my MU really light, my hubby can't even tell whether I have it on. Do you know why your bf has hangups about MU? My hubby is perfectly fine whether I wear MU or not; But when he sees me look specially good on some days, he says he glows with pride. The lady looks good, the man looks good.

Comment

My boyfriend doesn't mind me using makeup, not that I use much normally. In fact he encourages my makeup addiction by buying them for me.

Comment

My boyfriend also does not like me to wear too much makeup because he thinks it looks fake. He prefers natural beauty but I still do use concealer and foundation to hide blemishes and such!! :roll:
        I love eyeshadows and such but he does not. Yikes.. I wonder what in the world is wrong with him when I want some colour in my life!

Comment

Hubby hates me to have makeup of any form on. He will refuse to kiss me until I've gotten rid of my lipstick or lipgloss becuz he says it feels too yucky. Too bad for him cuz I work in the cosmetics industry. He will always comment on how gross I look with all the gunk on my face, but I actually look damn awful sans makeup.

Comment

Mine is pretty laid-back about what I want to do with my clothes and my face, etc He says he doesn't care as long as I look good to him and I feel that I look good myself... so all's well there! Then again, I tend not to wear too much m/u, and the brightest e/s colour in my collection is probably MAC Surreal (shimmery turquoise)

Comment

Originally posted by cate69
              Hubby hates me to have makeup of any form on. He will refuse to kiss me until I've gotten rid of my lipstick or lipgloss becuz he says it feels too yucky.
              Same here cate!! He says glosses are so sticky and hard to get rid of and lipstick has this weird and horrible taste. I need to wear MAC tinted lip conditioner when I am with him so that it would not taste so bad.

Comment

My boyfriend doesn't mind my make-up..i guess he understands that just as guys have their obsessions with cool gadgets, girls have their little fancies as well. But he can't tell the difference whether I put on makeup or not unless it's something dramatic..

Personally, I think that the whole ideology of "natural beauty is best" is just BULL****. If guys really think so, why do they continue to ogle over celebrities who have obviously undergone cosmetic surgery or piled on tons of make-up?

I think makeup is an art that takes talent and creativity so men should respect that.

Comment

my hubby doesn't mind me having make-up on.... but he doesn't like waiting for me to be made up!!! :choice:

Comment

my bf doesnt mind me wearing makeup, in fact he likes to tease me about it. however he prefers me not to wear eyeshadows, he says it makes me look weird ah well, as long as i think i look good

Comment

my boyfriend's okay with me making up sometimes he even jokingly complains i don't make myself up enough! but he doesn't encourage my makeup buying, he always says i have sooo much makeup ... but i don't. not compared to some cotters here i believe

anyways i'm not an eyeshadow, foundation kind of person, so make up's really very simple for me. my lipglosses are hardly sticky, if i know i'm going out with him i tend to shy away from sticky lipglosses (MAC!!) so that kissing him won't be such a , errr, sticky situation

Comment

mine just hates the idea of kissing a cheek piled with powder. LOL
                        but i usually have no powder on my cheeks, and he likes it when mascara opens up my eyes and makes them look bigger. He only makes a remark when im wearing mascara or when im wearing eyeshadow....otherwise he'll actually tell me that there's still some time to 'touch up' before we leave his place for somewhere else...

But i agree with grace, i mean, all those celebrities look that way because they're made up. Do you ever find a boy that finds a celebrity 'gorgeous' while she's sans makeup? Famous ones like Britney look pretty gross without makeup, and our local celebrities can pass of as any of us if they were without makeup. Most of the time, some of them are revealed to have lotsa acne scars or blemishes when they are without makeup. And only a very selective few actually look fresh and good without makeup, apparently Kiera Knightley is one. At the end of the day, i think every guy wants his girl to look slightly alive, say a little gloss to add colour to her lips, or some blush to brighten up her dull skin, and maybe some eye lash primping to make her eyes look more expressive and less droopy, but other than that, they probably want others to think that wow, his girlfriend is naturally beautiful and not blatantly piling on the makeup. Hmmm, but somehow, they still dont get it about the celebrities....

Comment

my bf is intrigued by the world of makeup. he is especially fascinated by mascara and eyelash curler. like most guys, he prefers a more natural look. btw, i think it's ironic that i've to resort to makeup to look natural. he hates it when a girl piles on too much powder and has too much colour. although he has never said it, i'm quite sure he prefers me with makeup on especially when we're going out. without makeup, i look old, dead and very tired.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                            my bf is intrigued by the world of makeup. he is especially fascinated by mascara and eyelash curler.
                            Mine is pretty fascinated with eyelash curlers too. Once he broke my small plastic compact one while fiddling with it. I got quite annoyed coz it meant I had to get someone to buy another one for me in Singapore and send it over. And everytime I get new makeup, he will want to check it out.

Comment

My BF is ok with me wearing makeup, as long as I dont end up looking like a drag queen.

Personally, I prefer the minimalist look anyway.
                              I hate having to rub my face on his shoulder and my makeup wears onto his shirt. UGHhh..

He is rather vain as well.
                              He uses Vit E creams and moisturizers.

Comment

Working...
                              X