Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Episode

Sigh.....

Just when I thought I finally found my soulmate Miss Right. Found myself in a tragi-comedy only Disneyland can script (minus the happy ending).

I've been living with this Indonesian Chinese girl, don't ask me why but somehow I'm like so into everything Indonesian.

She is everything I ever wanted. We connect in a very special way, intellectually, emotionally and physically. Conversations are great, I look forward to her contrarian perspectives on just about everything in life. I enjoy being on my toes talking to her.

She is compassionate and kind with a humane sense of values I admire and can identify with.

Tall and curvy, I just love the way her eyes curl into tiny inverted crescent moons whenever she laughs. That little childlike laughter. And yet, that air of elegance in her stride. The mysterious dark brown eyes....

Sex is nothing short of legendary. Sometimes, we have to remind ourselves to do the housework at home or its a good idea to leave the hotel room on holidays.

We share the same interests in food, travel, music, cultures, a passion for the sea, a crazy appetite for risk taking and wonderful curiosity for new experiences. Simply put, someone who lusts for life the way I do.

Its almost like we remind each other that we love each other virtually on an hourly basis. Life became a surreal bliss.

Enter her filthy rich parents. I simply do not belong to their class of people. They want her to leave me. I suspect they have already decided who she will marry. Never in my life have I been made to feel like such an underachiever.

Although she has resisted their demands and insisting on leading her own life, I know that the pressure is just too great. I know she too had resigned her fate and I am just a happy short term distraction to her.

On one hand, I want to let her go on and live her life and not waste hers or mine. On the other hand, I do not want to play God and decide our future.

While I am happy to live one minute at a time with her, I know it will be much too painful to let go when the day comes.

I try not to think about it and just enjoy each precious day together, but it is so difficult not to build in hopes and expectations of a future together.

God must be thinking this is really funny.

The World according to Psycho

"Like a River that does not know where it's flowing,
    I took a wrong turn and just kept on going" Bruce Springsteen

hmmm uncle
    in short i can only say these few words to u

"treasure what you have in life while u can"

"u control your fate, not let your fate control u"

hey, although i do not know u quite well, i always think u are a fighter!

dont give up man!

Comment

Uncle P, it's so sad...

To think u've found Miss Right & there comes the troublesome parents....sounds very Romeo & Juliet....

Do take care ....life is so full of potholes....do treasure the time u have together....

If you need a listening ear, we're all here for u

Comment

Uncle Psycho, i think everyone feels a pinch in their hearts reading your post. but... i don't think you can call it a waste of yours/her life, as you did in your post. your relationship sounds beautiful to me. and it's something many people can only wish they had -- that magical connection with someone.

i don't know what to say to make you feel better. but i do hope you and her will eventually stay together.

Comment

uncle psycho,

if she's not going to do anything about it, and that the two of you are to go on separate routes, be glad that you were once together... not everyone can get to know someone who can link up to them so magically......

since you know that there's a high chance of separation, get prepared for it... treasure the last days you were to spend with her.. and appreciate it.. lastly, when it's over, don't waste too much time being sad over it. Recover fast from it, cos time won't stop for you.

Comment

Dear ALL,

Thanks for your kind inputs.

It is always so refreshing to hear women's perspectives.

You girls generally want me to hang in there, let nature take its course, hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. In the meantime, feel really blessed that an angel came my way.

We guys tend to be so results orientated. I am focussed in starting a family quickly. My friends would say, dump her and find the mother of your future children.

Guess, I've found my soulmate, playmate but not the mother of my future children. 2 out of 3 ain't so bad eh?

When its time for her to go, heck, I've been down the road of Singlehood before. I'll survive that, know my way around very well.

"Girl, you look so pretty to me
            Like you've always been
            Like the Spanish city to me
            when we were kids" Dire Straits' Romeo & Juliet

Comment

hmm, now that you mention it, what your guy friends say make sense too. sorry Uncle, but how sure are you that her intentions are to leave you eventually? has she made it clear to you in some way that she ain't sticking around for long? have you talked about it before?

Originally posted by Uncle_Psycho
              Dear ALL,

Thanks for your kind inputs.

It is always so refreshing to hear women's perspectives.

You girls generally want me to hang in there, let nature take its course, hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. In the meantime, feel really blessed that an angel came my way.

We guys tend to be so results orientated. I am focussed in starting a family quickly. My friends would say, dump her and find the mother of your future children.

Guess, I've found my soulmate, playmate but not the mother of my future children. 2 out of 3 ain't so bad eh?

When its time for her to go, heck, I've been down the road of Singlehood before. I'll survive that, know my way around very well.

"Girl, you look so pretty to me
              Like you've always been
              Like the Spanish city to me
              when we were kids" Dire Straits' Romeo & Juliet

Comment

Hi Islande,

No decision been made. She is sticking around but I know the pressure is tremendous.

Besides, I don't think I want to marry a person whose family will make me feel like an underachieving loser for the rest of my life. Like as though I polluted their family gene pool.

If ever I go into financial hardship, I can imagine that she will never hear the end of this from her parents.

The World according to Psycho.

Comment

not easy to find someone u can actually call your soulmate...

ideally, i would tell you to hang in there no matter what it takes and fight a long battle with her parents and wear them out.

realistically, i would do what u are doing, indulge in whatever i have, while i can, why worry about the future, when i'm not even sure if i would live to see tomorrow's sunrise?

:bestwish

Comment

yeah totally. i guess parental disapproval makes a big difference to the success of relationships too.

i wish you all the best Uncle. i hope you'll find your soulmate and mother of your children, all rolled in one, eventually.

Originally posted by Uncle_Psycho
                    Hi Islande,

No decision been made. She is sticking around but I know the pressure is tremendous.

Besides, I don't think I want to marry a person whose family will make me feel like an underachieving loser for the rest of my life. Like as though I polluted their family gene pool.

If ever I go into financial hardship, I can imagine that she will never hear the end of this from her parents.

The World according to Psycho.

Comment

Working...
                    X