Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any female Bikers here?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Oh, i saw this thread just in time!

    I just signed up for my class 2B lessons, registered from my RTT test and am going for my FIRST practical this Sunday!!!

    I've always wanted to learn to ride a bike but my prev SO and current one don't allow... until i finally persuaded my SO to let me go!! Actually my family don't allow also, but i'm not going to let them know ***..

    So nervous about my first practical.... any cotters want to join me in this adventure towards 2B??? we can go for lessons together... so that i won't look so out of place...

    I'm quite scared actually. i'm a very clumsy person and i'm pretty sure i would take alot of lessons to pass one... i wonder how everything would go...

    but i am glad i took the first step out already!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by stickytape
      Oh, i saw this thread just in time!

      I just signed up for my class 2B lessons, registered from my RTT test and am going for my FIRST practical this Sunday!!!

      I've always wanted to learn to ride a bike but my prev SO and current one don't allow... until i finally persuaded my SO to let me go!! Actually my family don't allow also, but i'm not going to let them know ***..

      So nervous about my first practical.... any cotters want to join me in this adventure towards 2B??? we can go for lessons together... so that i won't look so out of place...

      I'm quite scared actually. i'm a very clumsy person and i'm pretty sure i would take alot of lessons to pass one... i wonder how everything would go...

      but i am glad i took the first step out already!

      where you took it?please do tell us the updates ..gd luck!!hope that your first pract is a success!hehhehe..

      Comment


      • #33
        thanks babycakes!

        Learning at Ubi Comfort Driving Centre!

        i think of this sunday, i also nervous...

        Comment


        • #34
          welcomes don't be very nervous ok..hehe.i think if once you passed your pract 1..its a big success!all the best dear

          Comment


          • #35
            wow!

            my dh wanted me to learn! he says it is cheaper and when i pass, he will buy a bike for me, he will pillion son1 and i pillion son2, and go touring! faint!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Supaida
              wow!

              my dh wanted me to learn! he says it is cheaper and when i pass, he will buy a bike for me, he will pillion son1 and i pillion son2, and go touring! faint!
              hehe..thats so cute..riding side by side with each one son as a pillion

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Supaida
                wow!

                my dh wanted me to learn! he says it is cheaper and when i pass, he will buy a bike for me, he will pillion son1 and i pillion son2, and go touring! faint!
                and so sweet as well!!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by baby cakes
                  yar..im intending to learn.hehe your bf is like mine..he warn me too..confused now but he teach me step by step riding a bike..my friend's x-1 but he told me that the driving centre's bike is not light.what bikes you intending to ride?

                  same as me,im also scared..but if you really want..must try to be focus and confident..thats what most of my friends say
                  Same here!! he also teach me some 'hands on' on the bike too

                  he let me sit on the 'rider seat' and teach me how to change gear and a feel of the engine..
                  of cos the bike is at stationary stage.. not moving but it feel quite real and very shiok.. haha

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by stickytape
                    Oh, i saw this thread just in time!

                    I just signed up for my class 2B lessons, registered from my RTT test and am going for my FIRST practical this Sunday!!!

                    I've always wanted to learn to ride a bike but my prev SO and current one don't allow... until i finally persuaded my SO to let me go!! Actually my family don't allow also, but i'm not going to let them know ***..

                    So nervous about my first practical.... any cotters want to join me in this adventure towards 2B??? we can go for lessons together... so that i won't look so out of place...

                    I'm quite scared actually. i'm a very clumsy person and i'm pretty sure i would take alot of lessons to pass one... i wonder how everything would go...

                    but i am glad i took the first step out already!
                    wow.. i think u r very brave ***.. cos u same like me, scare clumsy and stuff like that.. but hey, at least u break that obstacle of going to book for your course!! i salute u heehee
                    but too bad, i live in the west area, so if want to learn, will go bbdc.. if not we can learn riding together.. haha

                    Supaida:
                    ur dh is so sweet to u.. envy..

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Hi stickytape

                      I am intending to sign up for riding classes at Ubi soon. Could I ask you what do we need to buy for the course? Heard that the helmets will stink and it is recommended that you get your own. What about handgloves? TIA!!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Hi cotters, I got my bike licence in year 2000, and i took 8 times to pass while my SO took one only!! faintz... I'm not sure how's the system is now, but during my times, there were few internal courses we have to pass before we were allowed to ride on the roads..

                        I would say its an achievement for a lady to pass the 2B cos to me its really not easy, at least for me. imagine both hands and legs have to be coordinated perfectly to move the machine, not forgetting its a heavy bike and you got to balance it.. but seriously from my point of view, its pretty dangerous to ride on the road and you got to be conscious all the time! unlike car, where I just lie back and drive with a hand..and I don't have to worry about the raining hitting my hands cos it can get really painful...hehe...

                        But all in all, it's definitely a nice experience zipping on the roads, if I just ride it for leisure and not having to do it everyday for my work or appointments.. personally I would still prefer a car to a bike.. my pink revamped suzuki viva has been lying at the carparks for months and I haven't been riding her! lolz...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by qin07
                          Hi stickytape

                          I am intending to sign up for riding classes at Ubi soon. Could I ask you what do we need to buy for the course? Heard that the helmets will stink and it is recommended that you get your own. What about handgloves? TIA!!
                          Hi! I've just come back from my first lesson.... didn't manage to pass! :< but oh well, so did everyone else who was also there for the first time... so i don't feel that lousy. it was really very tiring, especially under the HOT SCORCHIng sun and moreover i was in long sleeves. When i registered for the lessons, the customer service girl advice me to wear long sleeves and pants and covered shoes, so i followed her instructions. But when i went there, i saw majority of the bike students not wearing long sleeves... so i guess it's ok NOT to wear long sleeves. the purpose of long sleeves is to protect yourself in case you fall.

                          I dropped the bike a few times cause its so heavy! and at the end of the lesson i got no more strength to pick up the bike anymore... but overall its quite alright cause the instructors were v patient.

                          hi qin07: yah! the helmets so stinko. and can you imagine how many heads perspired under that helmet?!?!?! it's quite disgusting actually. Would really recommend you to get your own helmet. But I also didn't get, most prob going to buy... soon ***. and yup. you need gloves. can just buy from those hardware shops at around 50c to 60c, those white cotton gloves like those on the durian seller's hand will do. Otherwise, if you forget it's ok as the Centre also sells. More expensive though, at $1 a pair. not much difference actually...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Oh.
                            Heh. I signed up for courses already. I did some asking around and my friends recommended me to get helmet from the shops in Sunei Road and especially those that passed LTA test + would not break if dropped from the 2nd floor.
                            Have yet to go for my first practical. On saturday. Will post more updates.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              anyone here below 1.6m who is taking bike lessons or have already gotten their licence? Read from this thread that a few below 1.6m are interested to learn, but have reservations due to the height. I *** would like to know if it is more difficult for those below 1.6m to learn and get a licence than others? I haf a car licence already, but interested to learn bike, and not sure if my height would be a disadvantage. Any one *** personal experince? And would the fact that i already haf a car licence and drive quite frequently help? Thanks!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by qin07
                                Oh.
                                Heh. I signed up for courses already. I did some asking around and my friends recommended me to get helmet from the shops in Sunei Road and especially those that passed LTA test + would not break if dropped from the 2nd floor.
                                Have yet to go for my first practical. On saturday. Will post more updates.
                                hi qin07! Wow, congrats! Maybe we would meet each other someday... i'm going for my 1st lesson again this coming Sunday.... anyway, where's Sunei Road? I've search street directory but it only gave me Sungei road...

                                I might not buy a helmet as i don't intend to buy a bike after i pass.... as of now... maybe i would buy this... but i don't know if its good anot....

                                http://auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i::5212947

                                I'll most prob go down to see helmets this coming Saturday then decide whether to buy my helmet! :D

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X