• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikkin
    replied
    Originally posted by stickytape View Post
    hmm.. is this thread still alive?

Thinking of getting my first bike soon! Any female bikers around here?
    where are u taking yr bike license ?

Leave a comment:

• stickytape
    replied
    hmm.. is this thread still alive?

Thinking of getting my first bike soon! Any female bikers around here?

Leave a comment:

• lumos
    replied
    just went for my first practical lesson yesterday, super fun!! i have a driver's license though i have never driven after getting my license, haha...

go do it girls, i'm already 28, no spring chicken but i'm still fairly determined to get my vespa

Leave a comment:

• D3stiny
    replied
    The high costs of fuel are making me interested to ride again

Currently learning how to drive though. Any drivers turned bikers here?

Leave a comment:

• Snowbell53
    replied
    Originally posted by comzistory View Post
    can anyone explain the process to apply for class 2B?
    i found this on ssdc site but still v confuse (there are 2 methods ):
    http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/courses/class2B_outline.asp
    You have to go down personally to the centre to enroll for the course.

There are no 2 methods, you have to go through both which are the theory & pratical session.

You can take both together with your time management.. But you have to pass the theory test in order to proceed to on road practical after you have passed all the circuit practical (Number of lesson up to individual).

Upon enrollment, they will brief you the necessary preparation, eg. gloves, long sleeve clothing, approved helmet, etc.

Leave a comment:

• comzistory
    replied
    can anyone explain the process to apply for class 2B?
    i found this on ssdc site but still v confuse (there are 2 methods ):
    http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/courses/class2B_outline.asp

Leave a comment:

• happy_paradise
    replied
    I learnt class 2b when i was younger at 18years .. but my first stage I went through 6 lessons then pass.. stage 2 went for 2 lessons never pass.. in the end i gave up.. too difficult for me.. plus i m very short.. hehe..

By the way, I pass my bike theory in my first attempt.. but no use, know how theory dont know practical is useless..

Come to think about it, it was quite fun.. when I was young I love to go biking with my bikers friends in the middle of the night to changi hospital ghost house, supper .. those were the days.. but now too old to participate in such activities..

It was quite exciting to sit at the back of a sports bike at 160-180km/h in the middle of the wee hours like 5am ..oh gosh... but now my life is quite boring ... gone is the excitement of my life....

Leave a comment:

• toh88
    replied
    Originally posted by eil916 View Post
    Going to sign up for 2b, anyone interested to go together?

hope I am not too late. have you signed up?

Leave a comment:

• dimsummeimei
    replied
    *** female bikers completed the bike course and pass? can someone tell me the procedure of learning bike? Plan to take up but donnoe *** is the rite procedure. Understand that there is theory class etc. TIA

Leave a comment:

• plain_substance
    replied
    i also wanna get a vespa before i'm too old to be seen on it!!

my bf rides a normal 'upright' bike. he says that it's actually easier for scooters to topple cos the wheel rims are smaller and some other reason that i forgot. so i'll need to be more careful when turning.

my driving (car) already sucks so my bike skills would probably be worse. i thought an auto gear vespa would be the most idiot proof thing around, but sigh...

Leave a comment:

• eil916
    replied
    Going to sign up for 2b, anyone interested to go together?

Leave a comment:

• Drunken_Donuts
    replied
    I was in Malaysia and tried my cousin's bike (she's only 15!) and I can start it and 'move' for a few seconds...but it's really heavy and I wasn't confident of my balance...so it's a little tough.

I'm 26 this year and I do want to get my vespa too, despite strong objections from almost everyone around me...

Leave a comment:

• sWalloW86
    replied
    Originally posted by lumos View Post
    i'm turning 28 this year but i've always dreamed of owning a vespa, think its too old for me to pick up bike lessons?

hehe..during my lessons, saw this 50+yr old uncle learning bike. He has a car but he is learning bike just for the sake of learning. Heard him say always get scolded by his wife coz he go back with bruises. anyway *respect*!

Leave a comment:

• sWalloW86
    replied
    Originally posted by creepcake View Post
    Hello, I am thinking of taking bike riding lessons after CNY. I have a few (somewhat silly) questions to ask, please bear with me and humour me, if you will.

1. Will I smell or perspire after riding to my destination?

2. Is it possible to wear skirts / dresses when riding a scooter?

3. Do most of you ladies wear helmets with clear visors? I'm guessing that if the helmet's without a visor, my face will be dirtied by the grime / dust on the road, right?

4. Assuming dry weather conditions, will my clothes get dusty after each ride?

Like many other ladies here, it's long been a dream for me to ride a Vespa scooter. I am thinking of riding to work, hence the reason for the above questions.

Thank you for your patience and time!

If its in the afternoon, definately you will perspire.

Wear skirt is personal preference. But I won't advice as when u stop at the traffic light, you still have to put your foot on the ground your legs will have to open up.

In singapore, all helmets have to have visor IF i'm not wrong. Only harley riders are allowed to use those half cap helmets from what i heard. (may need to double check on this)

Dry weather, can't advise coz although I have a bike..its more for my fun riding. Day time i still go by Bus & MRT. Only at night if going out with frens who ride then i will ride my bike.

Leave a comment:

• lumos
    replied
    i'm turning 28 this year but i've always dreamed of owning a vespa, think its too old for me to pick up bike lessons?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X