Back to nature...Farm Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to nature...Farm Visits

Came across an interesting article from HER WORLD on (fish, mushroom, hydroponic, vegetables) farms' visits. Just want to share some of these locations over here ...

Anybody likes farm visits like I do? :yaya:

Khai Seng Fish Farm
    181, Neo Tiew Road
    www.khaiseng.com.sg

Oh Chin Huat Hydroponic Farm
    14A, Ba_h Soon Pa_h Road

Wong Kok Fah Technology Farm
    St 18, Sungei Tengah Road

Aerogreen Technology
    Hydroponic vegetable farm.
    114, Neo Tiew Cresent
    Opening hours:Open daily (including public holidays): 9am- 4pm daily (closed for lunch 12.30-1.30pm).

Avifauna Breeding & Research
    Tours of their aviary and nursery with bird handling and views of chickens and exotic birds.
    No 2 Lim Chu Kang Lane 3A
    Opening hours: Only on weekends, Public Holidays and School Holidays, 10am - 4.30pm

Hay Dairies
    A small goat farm, with about 1,000 goats of mixed breed, producing milk for sale.
    Lim Chu Kang Lane 4
    Opening hours: 9am-4pm

Orchidville
    Produced potted and cut orchids, sale of fresh and artificial plants, flowers and accessories.
    10 Lorong Lada Hitam Mandai Agrotechnologies Park

Lian Wa_h Hang Farm
    Mainly producing quail eggs but also breeding other game birds such as partridges, guinea fowl and pigeons. Visitors welcomed but you should not visit any other bird farm before visiting their farm
    No. 5 Lim Chu Kang Lane 6F
    Opening hours: Daily Mon. to Sat. 10am-4pm. Sunday 11am-4pm. Closed for Christmas & Chinese New Year.

Qian Hu Fish Farm
    Largest breeder of dragon fish, Arowana, and trader of tropical ornamental fishes. Farm tours available. Free shuttle bus service from MRT stations at Chua Choa Kang, Jurong East and Boon Lay.
    71 Jalan Lekar, Agrotechnology Park
    Opening hours: Daily Mon-Thur 9am-6pm, Fri-Sun & Public Holidays 9am-7pm.

Everbloom Mushroom Farm
    Shiitake mushrooms are grown in high-tech conditions.
    9 Seletar West Farmway 5
    Last edited by dolphin; 21-06-2004, 10:19 AM.

me!me!me! I would love to visit someday too!! I think there is a pet farm somewhere too

Comment

Actually I like farm visits. Cos Singapore is so urbanise.. Been to a frog farm, quail farm and the farm mart.

Actually I would like to visit a vege farm so that I can buy some back too..

thanks for the info..

Comment

I visit these before

*Oh Chin Huat Hydroponic Farm
        *Wong Kok Fah Technology Farm
        *Aerogreen Technology

Especially Wong Kok Fah. I visit them weekly. I swear their veges are the freshest!

Knowing how much I love mushroom, I don't think I'll visit the Everbloom farm. I may not be able to leave that place.

Comment

it's really interesting to visit the farm once in a while, here's one that I've been to before - Farm Mart

Address:

FARMART CENTRE PTE LTD

67 Sungei Tengah Rd , Singapore ( 699008 )
          Tel : 65 6767 0070 Fax: 65 6767 0010

Comment

Just wondering, what do you do at a farm? Do you just walk-in and tour around during their operating hours or what?

Comment

Yes, there's another pet farm named The Animal Resort.

The Animal Resort
              T81 Seletar West Farmway 5
              Singapore 798061
              Tel: 6338 7665
              Fax: 6234 1360
              http://www.rictedkennels.com/home/home.htm

Chris, we usually walk in and look around during their operation hours. If anything catches my fancy, I may purchase it.
              Last edited by dolphin; 21-06-2004, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LizzyDizzy
                it's really interesting to visit the farm once in a while, here's one that I've been to before - Farm Mart

Address:

FARMART CENTRE PTE LTD

67 Sungei Tengah Rd , Singapore ( 699008 )
                Tel : 65 6767 0070 Fax: 65 6767 0010
                I have organised a trip to farmart for my company in April, most of colleagues said it's quite interesting

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                  Just wondering, what do you do at a farm? Do you just walk-in and tour around during their operating hours or what?
                  Hi Mango,

For me, I find it v interesting cos its more like exploring around. These are farms that you normally will not come across v often unless you visited other countries that is...

There may be a short talk on their operations, growth of their vegs or animals (like a documentry). And you get to hop from one farm to another (in a day if you plan it that way).

Personally I like mushroom v much.. yum yum.. if I get to the farm, I may even buy some (may be cheaper sometimes)...

hope i answered your questions.. hehe

Comment

haha...I live 5 mins away from the Animal Resort..so I've been there quite a few times...Its nice to stroll around the Resort during weekends where they have dog training sessions held...I think there's one specially for German Sheperds...and they are HUGE!
                    And there's a horse you can feed... sheep and goats to see... and of course, chickens as well....

Oh and they sell pups there as well....they are always worth a look!

That's all...isn't too fancy but fun to bring your baby cousins to....

Comment

Hi Acidica, I love mushrooms too! If you were given a chance to step into the mushroom nursery, you would not like the "funny" smell of these mushrooms grown in air-condition room. I don't really know what happened to me then (13 years go) that I started to take a liking in mushrooms just after a visit to the this farm. I have never like mushrooms this much since I was young. :roll:

Comment

I can't remember if we have to pay to go in. But they seem to entertain larger crowds especially for educational purposes.

I've only been to the Mushroom Farm once. The person there even fried a plate for us to sample. Shitake mushrooms are so yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemiss
                          I have organised a trip to farmart for my company in April, most of colleagues said it's quite interesting
                          That's good to hear! yuppers, it's really interesting to be out for such field trip. you get to experience the nature, it's also a very educational trip, good for kids. There's also an area whereby you pay a couple of dollar and you get to fish as many guppies as you can in the guppy pond, and also prawn catching. Very fun place to spend a weekend.

Somewhere around the place, there's also a vegetable farm, if i'm not wrong, the farm organic and hydroponic vegetables. During weekends, they open the place for visitors to come in for tour around the farm and also sell vegetables freshly picked from the farm. Lots of ladies bought the freshly cut aloe vera, $3 per slab.
                          Too bad I don't remember what's the name of that vegetable farm. Free entrance.

There's also a koi farm/hotel somewhere along the road before arriving at Qian hu. It's a great eye opener to see how big and pretty those kois can be!

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin
                            Hi Acidica, I love mushrooms too! If you were given a chance to step into the mushroom nursery, you would not like the "funny" smell of these mushrooms grown in air-condition room. I don't really know what happened to me then (13 years go) that I started to take a liking in mushrooms just after a visit to the this farm. I have never like mushrooms this much since I was young. :roll:
                            Hi dolphin - oooh, thats sound bad! I have alway love mushroom since young... still, I am game enough to try it out.. Hope everything goes well.. Told Hubby to go to these farms one of the weekend... :D

Comment

Hey gals

Do check out GreenCircle , they even organise farm parties. It's stated one group even celebrated the Mid-Autumn festival at the farm!

Comment

Working...
                              X