Enjoy life even when you're broke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy life even when you're broke!

hi gals, right now i m veri veri broke spend almost all my money on holidays and shopping. so do u all have any ideas what to do if you are broke? or any places where you can go and enjoy without having to spend so much?

I would say head down to the beach with friends.
    What you can do is that you can get them to each make little nibbles and each of your friends are assigned to the drinks.. etc.

Now the weather is not too bad to head to the beach for an outing.

I would say total amount spent would be about $10 or less.

Comment

Rent videos and have a PJ party with the girls!

Comment

This is a good thread. I've been 'officially' jobless for a year. I spent like nobody business when i had a stable job. Now i still spend when i can, but not in luxury way.... to curb shopping urge, i go to flea mkt more often. To go clubbing, i choose ladies nights! There's always a way to enjoy life with what u have

And also, reduce buying new makeup/skincare, there's always MUA to swap for it! Or check auction for cheaper buys

Comment

Have a spa day with a friend: Go to the drugstore and introduce each other to your favourite scrubs, masks, and moisturizers. Return home and spend the day on low-cost self-improvement.

Comment

i thought the beach sounds really good. otherwise go to the market and whip up an interesting meal with your SO or your friends. Or spend the day at your girlfriends' house and swap makeup tips and do your very own makeovers.

Comment

go to the library to borrow books instead of buying them

use MUA to swap for makeup instead of buying them

Comment

clean my room, take out the junk i dont need, sell it on ebay

go to the supermarket, pick up some fresh fruits and veg and makes a nice salad for my family.
                else, get a box of premix muffins and bake them

dont have a lot of friends in melbourne, so i might write some emails, go for a drive with SO......

Comment

viv, I the idea of getting premix muffins mix to bake!!!
                  Sounds really fun and yummy!

Comment

mich i used to enjoy the idea of making muffins from scratch but the idea of getting good blueberries seems a bit daunting!

my favourite baking:sardine rolls

Comment

Stay at home and surf the net, watch television, do housework? Otherwise, how about heading to the musuem or library or your friend's place.

Comment

the one on the cleaning of rooms and selling the things seem like a great idea. at the same time still can make pocket money :roll: going to the beach sounds great too but i hated to get dark

Comment

Oh.. Maybe gather a few friends , get a drink at Coffee Bean at ECP in the shade and do people-watching!
                          Sometimes it's hilarious!

Go to the library and borrow a few good titles to read? Take a look at thread "Let's talk about books". I have gotten a few very good titles there after browsing the thread!

Comment

Believe me...hang out with your family

Comment

I love the idea of picnic at beach (can do it for dinner time to avoid sunning), potluck is good. Get a chance to taste all cookery skill.

Rent a bicycle, go for a swim, jogging, do some exercise at home, walk you dogs.

Go for a pampering day, indulge in DIY spa at home, make your own healthy salad, fresh juice, etc.

Baking, cooking, video-watching with your friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X