Blackout!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout!!!!!

There is a major blackout going on now!!! Looking out from my window, most areas are dark and lighting candles.... luckily, i am living in the lucky block

Those who are affected, definitely are not online now. Tell us what u experienced later

Yes! Now got electricity back!!! HAHA so exciting! Where u live Jemay? I live at Bedok.

Comment

Mine is redhill area..... I think mobile services are affected too! I couldnt get thru starthub lines

Comment

Yes lucky I found my NDP torchlight and my last year birthday's candle!!!

I couldn't get through Starhub and my boyfriend said he couldn't reach me also...I'm using singtel.

Comment

i'm staying at punggol, it seems to be a major breakout, even the traffic lights, road lamps are gone just now, flats opposite my block still haven't got lights back yet. has been at least 30mins

Comment

Kembangan's hit. Ang Mo Kio as well.

I'm mildly irritated with the mobile services but oh well...

Such inconvenience but really reminds us not to take simple things in life for granted.

Comment

My place at Hougang have already been restored but I heard from my friend who is living on other part of Hougang that the lights are not back yet, Jurong West side also affected! So gald that my SSC candles are of good use

Comment

I'm affected too! I stay near clementi/holland V area...it was quite fun because my family was lighting candles and my brother was going around scaring us in the dark and my dad being paranoid by speculating that it's terrorist attack

I could send global sms to my bf all the way to aussie but can't send out any local sms :roll:

Comment

I live in Bukit Batok and blackout too!

Comment

hey elaine, for a moment i thought so too (terrorist attack)... punggol estate is fairly new and many of the units are not occupied, pretty scary, its like a desserted town
                    only me and my so, and my floor only got another family out of the 6 units. well i offered my neighbours some candles.

Comment

i just got home! thankfully power came back on for my block already.. otherwise i'd have to climb 13 storeys up!!

And road situation's pretty bad out there. I saw 2 almost accidents on my way home ( traffic lights were not working.. )

Apparently its due to a disruption in the natural gas from indonesia.. Its a wakeup call for all of us not to take things for granted and be more conscious of the electricity usage eh..

Comment

I live at sengkang and we were hit too. But because my condominium used a generator, we enjoyed faster electricity than the HDB dwellers around us.... And I still cant get through Starhub. What a lousy network it has..... For some time during the blackout, my m1 phone couldnt work too. But I quite liked using candles, so much that I was disappointed when the lights came back...LOL.

Comment

I stay in bukit batok. I find it rather fun! There's wax around my house now cos we lit candles. My dad was having a shower when it happened. I think it's a good time for the family to interact

Comment

I stay near Bishan and the whole estate went pitch black. Quite scary for awhile there.

My mum was in the shower at that time!

Took out those small candles that you light up during the mooncake festival (for those paper lantens) and lighted it all over the house! Luckily the blackout lasted for only 15 mins... M1 also had problem calling and sending sms.

I wonder whether the airport was hit by the blackout... cant imagine the situation if I was still there.
                            Last edited by blueberry; 30-06-2004, 01:38 AM.

Comment

*Keeping fingers crossed* No blackout here, Telok Blangah area.

Comment

Working...
                              X