Burn baby burn... midnight oil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn baby burn... midnight oil!

oh no.. realize that i can't burn midnight oil as well now than when i was younger in my sec sch yrs.. haha nowadays always fall asleep after reading my notes for a while.. die la.. and i'm those type of last minute then study one.. anyone got any tips to help stay awake when having exams or tests?

why burn midnite oil?
    some pple do study better in the daytime

if i really want to burn midnite oil, i probably take short naps in the afternoon

do remember burning midnite oil hurts ur complexion!

Comment

I always drink lots of coffee and tea when I've got to stay up to study

Comment

i will splash my fash with water every half an hr to make sure i stay fresh and awake, my mum's nagging also help to ensure that i don't fall asleep

Comment

Always start with topics which you understand more. Starting with things which you already have difficulties with will only bore you and put you to sleep.

With those slightly more interesting topics or things which you understand easily, it will keep you awake until pass your normal sleepy time. After that, you should remain alert enough to go through more dreaded subjects before the monster come look for you again

Comment

I normally do light revision during the noon & night studying will be for heavier topics. It's advisable to take naps in between & try to avoid heavy dinner as they tend to make you sleepy.

Comment

when i used to stay up to study at night, i always took naps in the afternoon

then i will usually eat and read my notes at the same time. take plenty of water cos staying up late will make you more prone to 'heatiness'

Comment

Start early before the exams. Most importantly, if you are tired, get a short nap or looking out of your window or listening to music ... better still just keep your mind off from your studies. Do some stretching if you are tired. For me, I drink Brands Chicken essence every morning before i start my revision. My concentration works better.

Good luck to those who are having exams soon.

Comment

i usually 'absorb' better during daytime, can't burn midnight oil..
                  one of those early sleepers in hall.

just be focus & know your studying style. make notes while you study. sometimes writing beats the sleepy bug.. for me at least.

Good luck!

Comment

Take a short nap in the afternoon... it usually helps me.

Comment

lots of chocs & coke (i don't like coffee). brands essense of chicken in the morning when i wake up. plus, an afternoon nap would help loads

among my friends, i sleep the earliest though can't stay up too late (4-5am the max!) & they always say i sleep the earliest before a paper among my whole faculty

Comment

Try drinking red bull??

Comment

for my latest exams, I studied from 9pm to 5am, went to bed and woke up at 1pm, studied til 4pm, took a nap til 7pm, then had dinner/showered/chitchat/waste time until 9pm and started studying again...

somehow studying when no one else is awake makes it a lot easier. taking frequent (short) naps help too.

Comment

i'm one who always burn midnight oil because my house is noisy and will only be quiet in the night when everyone is asleep. what i do is, i drink lots and lots of plain water every now and then. it helps to keep your mind clear and alert. i always have a jug of plain water with me when i study. although i keep going to the toilet, it helps you to think well. nonetheless, its much more healthier than coffee. at times when plain water doesn't helps, i'll make a cup of hot coffee but only A cup!

Comment

i will drink milo to keep myself awake.

Comment

Working...
                              X