How do you take it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you take it?

just thought i'd like to hear from the cotters.....

how will you take it if your SO stare/look/scrutinize/glance at other females (aka pretty babes) when walking beside you?

i used to tell them.... look alright with me... not more than that but sometimes i do find myself contradicting.. kekekeke.. would like to know your reaction before i spill mine....

ps... nice crew, if there's already a thread like this, please merge.. i did a search before i post this thread.. may missed out too.. THANK YOU...

I think it's ok for guys to glance at pretty babes because I do that all the time. Everyone loves pretty things! However, there's a vast difference between just glancing and commenting as opposed to scrutinising. If he's alone with his guy friends, go ahead and scrutinise all he wants (we girls do that too don't we?) but if he's with a girl, especially if it's his girlfriend, I think it's only courteous that he abstain from doing so.

Comment

i don't mind at all him looking (with or without pointing it out to me) it's only natural.

so long as he's discreet. no whiplashing his neck to stare at someone when he's with me. i find it personally insulting.

also discreet so that the person he is staring at doesn't feel uncomfortable.

when he's alone he can look while doing handstands, i don't care
      Last edited by sharon; 25-08-2004, 10:29 PM.

Comment

hi grace..

kekekee u just poured out how i feel..

i always tell my SO (past SO or present).. its alright to look or comments like you mentioned, when they are out on guys' outing.. its even alright with me if they look or glance when i am with them as i have made it clear so long as he does it either discreetly OR make it loud & obvious so i can share the NICE view with him & we can joke & bitch about it .. BUT, my silly SO looks long enough for me to catch him & as a GF standing beside or walking beside him, it doesnt make me feel good becos the other people accompanying that LADY may think he doesnt find me attractive...

& BEST of all, after he finished his STARING!! he gets into a guilty mode himself.. i mean WHY>!>?.....

am i being too over-reacting?????

Comment

probably you should let him know how you feel. If you're uncomfortable with it, tell him!
          On the other hand, maybe he didn't mean to stare so indiscreetly but just can't seem to do it properly. I think that "successful glancing" is really quite a skill. I have a guy friend who just can't seem to master the art of checking out girls discreetly and it gets pretty embarassing at times.

Comment

whenever i tell him after his STARE.. he laughed it off.. it boils me more... & when i share nice view of pretty babes with him, he always try not to look & then reply me .."pretty?? i dont think so"

Comment

I don't really mind if he glanced at them, as long as he DON'T COMPARE... or state sacastic remarks like "Hey she got a flatter tummy than u" or "Her booBs are much bigger than yours." etc..

I'll whack him on the spot.

But once when my friend caught her bf staring at a lady with short mini skirt, she pulled her bf to the lady , purposely saying in a loud voice " You want to look, then go nearer lar!!" Embarassing her bf and the poor lady in public...

And her bf never dare to stare at other women... well not when his gf is with him.

Comment

For me... I will tell my bf to see if I spot any pretty girls. Are there any other cotters like me? LoL!! "Hehe.. got one girl there, quite chio ***. Faster see..."

I'm not anything against him seeing other girls. I think it's normal. I also admit I look at other guys too. So, that's a fair deal. :booty:

Comment

O/T, Smokyeyes, where did u get your avater from? Looks cool to me.

Comment

i sometimes catch my SO glancing too! (trying to be reeeeeaaallly discreet, though). then i'll be like oh that girl not bad right? then he'll act blur and go "huh? where?" then say something like "huh? no la..."

lol.
                    i don't know whether i should be happy or upset about it.

then again, he says i got pretty shifty eyes which is rather true cos i get easily distracted by everything (eg pretty girls, nice bags, shoes, skirts, blah )

Comment

Originally posted by ArieS
                      But once when my friend caught her bf staring at a lady with short mini skirt, she pulled her bf to the lady , purposely saying in a loud voice " You want to look, then go nearer lar!!" Embarassing her bf and the poor lady in public...

And her bf never dare to stare at other women... well not when his gf is with him.
                      LOL!! What a way to curb his habit!
                      But seriously, erm..do you all think that it makes the woman herself look quite bad by doing that? Of course her bf would be rather embarassed, but I don't think the leered-at lady (the one the bf was looking at) would be feeling embarassed, cause if I am her, I think I'll be more amused than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKEYeyes
                        i always tell my SO (past SO or present).. its alright to look or comments like you mentioned, when they are out on guys' outing.. its even alright with me if they look or glance when i am with them as i have made it clear so long as he does it either discreetly OR make it loud & obvious so i can share the NICE view with him & we can joke & bitch about it .. BUT, my silly SO looks long enough for me to catch him & as a GF standing beside or walking beside him, it doesnt make me feel good becos the other people accompanying that LADY may think he doesnt find me attractive...
                        Me too! Me too!

Like you mentioned in your later post, my SO's reaction to those pretty ladies I pointed out to him also like "You call that pretty?!". Weird huh. As long as it's not STARING, I'm alright with it. If he really stare, my reaction will be "Pretty h.o.r? Processing it your brain, is it? Need extra harddisk to store?". But if he denies his stare, it definitely makes me boil... :piss:

Comment

ArieS,
                          your friend's really cool! what an effective method

Comment

hi all..

wow.. thanks for sharing.

CARAMEL... my avatar is me..! i drew it out from photoshop.. kekeke..

ARIES.. i am sure your BO wont make comparison or comments like you mentioned .. hahahaha.. because STARing is already bad enough, they wont dare make those comments!! kekekeke
                            wow.. your gf quite mean.. i wont do that.. she actually put 3 persons on the spot.. not very nice.. if i am the BF, i would have gotten real mad! i dont know about you.. :huh:

GRACE.. i think its true they dont now how to stare discreetly.. if they do, they wont be caught by us soooo often.. so should i say poor them or poor us????

IYSANDER.. PRECISELY!! it makes me boil more when i want to show him pretty chicks & he would try not to look at all & make silly response.. what's wrong with them...

CANDEE.. YES, they usually deny 1st then laugh it off.. (tell me i m right) which makes us feel worse...

MEN!!!! can't live with them.... can't live without them!!!! AH MEN!!!

Comment

yeah your friend is so bold! If I do that, my SO might just walk up in a huff.....anyway, some of my guy friends are SO not discreet in checking girls out and it always puts me off a bit. I mean, especially when his eyes are constantly looking above or behind me..I mean, I find it a bit disrespectful as well.

Anyway, my SO is more discreet I guess...though at times I'll be the one staring and I'll tell him theres someone cute and he'll go "where? how come i never see?" ...not sure if he's pretending or something...

But at times when it's so obvious that he's staring, I tend to get irritated, sarcastic and a little upset. Cos well...I dont like my SO staring with his eyes wide open at any girl for any longer than 5 secs... to me, that is disrespectful, especially if Im right beside him. Cos somehow it just makes u feel inferior you know? But otherwise, if he wants to look when Im not around, then who cares... I just hate it when he goes on and on about how he saw this model and she's so pretty...yada yada yada..and how nobody can compare to her. I was *sure* pissed off that day. And to top it off, he kept asking why I was being mean to him..

men can be morons i say...

Comment

Working...
                              X