Small Party at restaurant or hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Party at restaurant or hotel

Hi, do any of you have suggestion of a nice place to hold a party for about 40 to 50 people either at a hotel or restaurant in an afternoon?

Any type of food can be considered. Just somewhere nice and lovely.

Buffet will be good otherwise any idea is also appreciated.

Hope to hear from you

I don't have specific recommendations cause almost all big hotels have small function rooms you can rent for a small party, so it really depends on your personal preferences. Its best and most convenient to cater food from a restaurant located in the hotel. You can start off by thinking of what sort of food (or food from where) you would like to serve your guests. And get the manager of the restaurant (or somebody from the hotel itself) to do some basic coordination for you to save some hassle of having to organise everything. And if I were you, I'll choose a hotel over a restaurant unless that restarant has private function rooms that accomodates up to the no. of pax you're inviting. Otherwise, you might not like it if only a section of the main dining area of the restaurant is reserved, leaving the remaining /tables seats available to walk-in customers from public.

Just curious- is this party you have in mind baby-related?

Comment

I second Mango's suggestion. As the words go: Private Function -> more privacy. Unless, of course, it's not an issue at all. If I were to share a restaurant with the public, I'd prefer somewhere not too *enclosed*; someplace with a high ceiling, for example. I'm not too acquainted with restos these days or I'd have an idea of the layout to gauge if it's suitable choice for such get-togethers.

Comment

Thank you ladies for your very good tips.

Me too would love a party in a private and nice environment anytime but am open to all sorts of possibilities (something different and unique).

Hey mango, me just gathering general info. Thought of baby too but no special plans yet.

Comment

my friend wanted to have a party at ocho spanish restaurant, it's at chijmes and i heard the prices were quite reasonable.
          she only decided against it because her mother would rather let her hold a party at her country club than there. i think they offer mainly spanish food and snacks.
          you can check out their website for more info.

Comment

What a great recommendation!!!

vinyl, thanks for the great recommendation!

Firstly, I love tapas and secondly, CAF? SOCIETY AT THE OLD PARLIAMENT BUILDING seems so interesting.

I definitely love to go check out these 2 places!!!

Comment

Hi girls :wave: - I've been getting to know you all through your posts and thought it was about time to start contributing as well! SO here are my suggestions:

Indochine at ACMII
              Flutes at Fort Canning
              Maison de Fontaine at the old bungalow at Scotts Road
              Halia at the Botanic Gardens
              My secret garden at sculpture square

As for hotel venues, the Fullerton has a lovely small function room (not the one in the basement) that would be perfect for an afternoon party

Comment

Hi gajahgirl, welcome to cozycot and thank you for making your first post on this thread 4U:

Thank you for your suggestions. Hee... you definitely have good and expensive taste!

I like your suggestions as they are mostly very charming restaurants and definitely great to host a lovely party. Thank you for reminding me of these lovely places.

Comment

Originally posted by gajahgirl
                  My secret garden at sculpture square

As for hotel venues, the Fullerton has a lovely small function room (not the one in the basement) that would be perfect for an afternoon party
                  Hi Gajahgirl! Welcome! Do hop over to Babes to let us know you a bit

Yes, you made some fabulous suggestions! However, I thought Secret Garden's a tad small for up to 50 people.

Naughty, there're lotsa hotels with small function rooms. Some of their Grand Ballrooms (for weddings) are usually partitioned off to make smaller spaces for conferences of smaller scale.

Comment

Re: What a great recommendation!!!

Originally posted by naughtygirl
                    vinyl, thanks for the great recommendation!

Firstly, I love tapas and secondly, CAF? SOCIETY AT THE OLD PARLIAMENT BUILDING seems so interesting.

I definitely love to go check out these 2 places!!!

haha, welcome!!
                    i love spanish food too, and the food at there is quite nice

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygirl
                      Hi gajahgirl, welcome to cozycot and thank you for making your first post on this thread 4U:

Thank you for your suggestions. Hee... you definitely have good and expensive taste!

I like your suggestions as they are mostly very charming restaurants and definitely great to host a lovely party. Thank you for reminding me of these lovely places.
                      Thanks for the warm welcome, naughtygirl and Glossie. My taste isn't always that expensive but you didn't sound like you had a budget

secret garden is a little small, but the party can flow out into the courtyard - I like inside / outside kind of dos

for different / unique the birdpark or zoo could be interesting venues - i had my wedding party there some years back!

ok, i'll wander over to babes now as requested...

Comment

Originally posted by gajahgirl
                        secret garden is a little small, but the party can flow out into the courtyard - I like inside / outside kind of dos

for different / unique the birdpark or zoo could be interesting venues - i had my wedding party there some years back!
                        Oh I did have in mind the courtyard! Yep, your idea leads me to suggest The Dublin. Not much space on the ground floor, really, but the crowd can spill from the bar counter onto the corridor outside, down the stairs even!

Your wedding party sounds like so much fun! I like your taste!

Comment

Working...
                        X