Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your Birthday wishlist?

hi all

so what's your wishlist for your birthday?
    erm, i mean what presents you hoping to get for 18th or 21st bird-day?
    i mean since its a special age kind of thing?

-i feel i dun make sense-

wallet - only if it's filled......*grin*

hmm...i think i got my first good rock on my 21st.
    simple diamond cross from my parentals.

can't rem what i wanted at 18. too far back already!

Comment

mum bought me a pair of diamond earrings for my 21st.. hee!

but if i were given the chance to choose.. i'll be choosing stuff like new phones, mp3 players etc.. which fall under the category of "useless and not able to last stuff" in my parents opinion.

i want a new phone for this year's birthday! but a little broke from all the sprees.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
        Ang pow! Best bet!

Seriously now.. (but you guys agree money as gift is good, right?)

Locket?
        Key Chain?
        Jewelry?
        Wallet?

An ang pow is a little red paper packet that stores cash as a token or gift during weddings, birthdays or any other joyous occasions. Red is an auspicious colour for the Chinese.
        yes yes! i would prefer that too! especially if it's a big fat one!! hahah! IMO if it's from the parents... it's ok.. but if it's a gift from friends., i would prefer it to be a gift! like surprises and it shows the friend has made the effort to go and buy something for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
          Ang pow! Best bet!

Seriously now.. (but you guys agree money as gift is good, right?)

An ang pow is a little red paper packet that stores cash as a token or gift during weddings, birthdays or any other joyous occasions. Red is an auspicious colour for the Chinese.
          Yes! Ang pow is definitely best!

This way I can make better use of the cash and can set aside some savings if the need be

Comment

When I was 18 I didn't really asked for anything. I don't celebrate birthdays anyway. When I was 21, nothing on my mind really.. Till mom bought me to Aspial and bought a diamond ring for me. After that, she told me I can choose to buy anything I want using her credit card. So I zoom down to T&Co. and got a venetian bracelet for myself.

Comment

a car so i don't have to share anymore, but it's not that practical since i don't <I>need</i> it

but otherwise, diamonds would be great i would like a nice watch too for my 21st but my mum's rather "pantang" so she's against that. a LV bag would be great too

pantang - superstitious?
              Last edited by duckiee; 14-10-2004, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Is watch no good as birthday presents??

edit to remove quote
                Last edited by duckiee; 14-10-2004, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Always gotton angpaos as birthday presents from parents.

Never thought of what i want, birthdays gets less important as u get older

I always choose my own present, would really like to have people put in effort to get a gift I would like.

I've been getting quite some bags as birthday presents I must say.

Comment

hi baobei,
                    please refrain from using the quote function unnecessarily (like when you're replying to a post directly above you or quoting a long text). thanks!

my mum just doesn't like the idea of giving watches for birthdays/weddings etc.

Comment

suppose the older generation is like that.. they'll rather stick to traditional stuff.. which would most probably mean a trip to the jeweller.

artichoke: wow! you are one lucky girl!! wished i had a chance like that when i had my 21st.. too bad it's over.

Comment

I've yet to received my first birthday gift from my parents. My 18th birthday was long over.

Comment

Sadly I am past both my 18th and 21st birthdays.

I try to buy a present for my mom near my birthdate, usually a meal for the whole family works too. Our family is just not very into birthdays. I vaguely know my parents' ages only though...birthdays we remember but age? We try to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by baobei
                            Is watch no good as birthday presents??

edit to remove quote
                            the more traditional folks refrain from giving watches or clocks as presents

'song4 zhong1'

Comment

Ah, i know the clocks part, didnt' know watches are part of it.

Goto choose a Tiff & Co ring for birthday present last year and bags this year.

Think wasted $$ choosing the Tiff & Co ring...

Comment

Working...
                              X