Help! I need to ramble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I need to ramble...

She was hospitalized on a Friday, complaining of pain. The doctors thought she had an infection due to her low immune system from cancer. My parents visited her on Saturday and said she was well and asked for certain food cravings. Sundaymorning, she took a turn for the worst and the doctor said her cancer had spread. And we?re like huh? She?s always given a clean bill of clean each time she goes for her follow-up and even on Friday, scans couldn?t show anything. And today, cancer spread to her liver, lungs, bones and the toxins went to her blood? I?m speechless.

She?s like the pillar of the family, she takes care of all the bills and everything. The weird thing was yesterday she told her husband to bring a piece of paper and pen because she wanted him to jot down some stuff. But she never got the chance to say what she wanted to say. Do people do weird things like that when they know it?s almost their time? It?s like...she was diagnosed with cancer last year and all this while she never mentioned anything about wanting us to jot down anything. But yesterday..

She?s only 52. She spent most of her life taking care of this household..My uncle had a serious stroke 3 years ago and she handled everything. And when my grandmother passed away 2 years ago, we thought it?ll be easier for her now to just have my uncle to take care of. My aunt and dad are like always taking care of the family, footing the bills, running up and down. Why don?t the good get to enjoy the fruits of their labour?

Is it really possible for cancer not to show up on scans then 2 days later, the cells appear all over the body?

Thanks for reading my rambles..

First of all, I am sorry for your loss. Please try not to grieve overly, it will get better, I promise.

It is unlikely that the cancer has spread within a period of two days. But you must bear in mind that the doctor may have been acting in accordance with the patient's wishes when explaining her condition to persons other than herself. The doctor cannot divulge details about a patient's condition unless expressly permitted by the patient. The cause of death is by no means uncertain, and while scans are not perfect, it is very likely your aunt would have known about her condition much earlier than she appeared to. There are many medicolegal issues involved regarding patient confidentiality, negligence and malpractice, and it pays to be careful to get all the facts before you take any further course of action if you wish to pursue the matter further.

Comment

my deepest condolences.

Comment

*hugs*
        My uncle passed away last year, just when we thought his condition stabilized. We were glad he had his closest and dearest by his side. He was the "big brother" of my large extended family.

My condolences to you and your family. Just to let you know that we feel for your loss.

Comment

Keep the faith...

The road ahead may seem long...
          But let faith take you by the hand
          and guide you through these difficult times...
          Remember this, too, shall pass...

With deepest heartfelt sympathy.

Comment

Hi, my deepest condolences to you & your family members. Life & death are part & parcel of our lives . Do take care of yourself.
            I have seen a few friends and relatives suffering from cancer. Some have already departed & some are still battling with the illness. Take courage & stay positive.

Comment

Nope, we aren't gonna take any legal action. Medical issues are usually very sketchy. My parents aren't for it anyway.

The main cause was sepsis. I just wished I had more time with her.

Comment

my deepest condolences to you zjainez

Comment

my deepest condolences to you.

Comment

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family, zjaninez.

Comment

My thoughts are with you and your family, janine. Take care and be strong! Your aunt would have wanted that.

Comment

so sorry to know about this, can I know which hospital? I am an oncology nurse from SGH.

Comment

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family, zjainez. They say time heals all wounds, and may this apply to you as well.

Comment

My deepest condolences to you. Take good care and be strong, so that you can take care of your dad and other undertakings too...

Comment

So sorry to hear that.
                              Do take care zjaninez. *hug*

Comment

Working...
                              X