Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Auctions - grouses and warnings

Dear Folks,

Just a piece of news that i extracted from the Straits Times Today.

NET AUCTION SCAM

I personally had a deal with her, but she paid up. For those that were not so fortunate, she got what she deserved.

Thanks for sharing!

I guess this is a good lesson for those who is out to con people! Being jailed for that few hundred dollars, is it worth it? :roll:

Comment

What's her yahoo id? There was a scam at flowerpod too by this person called mooku. Not sure if it's the same person.

Comment

Hey Gal,

Not a problem...just wanted to keep CC current

the amount is definately much more than what is stated in the papers.

Its not up to us to say if going to jail was worth it, probably she wanted some attention. we wouldnt know.

But i know its goin to be a lot tougher penetrating into the auctions market.

Comment

Her nick was sizzly1234 when she bought the item from me.

but the nick she used to cheat was "metalricebowl75"

HTH

Comment

Pretty dumb huh, since the winners would have her bank acc number. Did she thought they were all gonna just let it go? Or did she thought that her bank acc no is not traceable back to her? :huh:

Comment

Chris, i guess many dont dare to make report of internet scam, thats why con man all around

Comment

I remember reading the negative ratings for that metalricebowl75 ID! So glad the victims managed to band together and bring the fraudster to justice!

Comment

Maybe someone could state here " How to bring the fraudster to justice"?

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                    Pretty dumb huh, since the winners would have her bank acc number. Did she thought they were all gonna just let it go? Or did she thought that her bank acc no is not traceable back to her? :huh:
                    My thoughts exactly. Very silly of her. I mean it's so easy to trace in Singapore with a bank account number isn't it.

Arghh.. this reminds me of my MUA swaplifter.

Comment

hopefully this will warn other would be frauders and they wouldn't even think of it!

its silly how some people on yahoo would try to cheat especially when they give out their bank accounts and all :roll:

Comment

Some doesn't cheat you but may send you inferior products that doesnt match the description. After awhile, you'll notice that even when their rating is pretty high, they change nickname and began to sell their stuffs all over again until it saturated with a few negative comment, they start allover again.

Comment

there is one in vogue forum now
                          apparently she scam pple off with abt more than 5k worth of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by demigoddess1512
                            .................the nick she used to cheat was "metalricebowl75"

HTH
                            ha, never would she think her metal rice bowl could be broken 1 day....

Comment

Originally posted by GG
                              ha, never would she think her metal rice bowl could be broken 1 day....
                              *LOL* You are so funny!

Comment

Working...
                              X