X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed robber holds up POSBank

From Yahoo! news:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/041211/5/singapore121637.html

Eck! This is so scary! The victim must be feeling so traumatised now.

Gosh. Seems like people are more daring these days, robbing banks!

Comment

So far there's been 3 bank robberies this year iirc. Tough times..sigh! :roll:

Comment

Times are bad. Looking on the bright side, it's better than stabbing little old ladies in lift lobbies for a gold chain ...

Comment

i think the robbers are very brave.
          not that i'm saluting what they did, but it sure takes a whole lot of courage to rob a bank in singapore *i think*

Comment

Look at the report, it seems the bank is not well secured. Not even a security guard? Very unusual. I guess the robber has done his homework. Rob the bank alone? Well done

Comment

Ran off with $37000 .. mm!
              Guess he will never be caught? Just like the Hong Leong Finance robbery months ago too. Indeed .. well done!

Comment

SINGAPORE : A man robbed a bank on Friday and got away with what a POSBank spokesperson said was "not a large sum".
                Right. $37 000 is not a large sum!

Comment

at least it is a large sum for the robber. Dang, I hope he gets caught!

Comment

It's not that much to a bank ... imagine if they said it was - people'd be lining up to withdraw money for fear of the bank collapsing!

Comment

bank robbery is so uncommon here that people simply assume it would just never happen. probably explains why there wasn't a security guard around (perhaps went off since it was near closing time?).

anyway... still quite amazing.. 1-man feat

- crazygirl

Comment

Not a big sum for a bank and insurance will probably cover the bank losses..

Ultimately, any of such cost will be pass on to us the poor consumers of bank services...

Comment

Definitely not a lot to a bank, but it's a lot to an individual!

$37 000 - all in a day's work.

Comment

Not a bad deal eh. Kekek

Comment

Damn! Are the banks going to charge us more service charge? Or maybe implement a new security charges.

Comment

Working...
                              X