Netshopinc.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netshopinc.com

Hi all, for clarity sake, I'm starting this thread to answer your Netshop queries instead of having them lost in the vPostUSA thread over time.

I pay $8.50 per month (can't afford the one year at one shot) for unlimited shipping of my eBay stuff (mainly) and sometimes website items.

The contract is one year even if you pay by each month. So it's better for regular shoppers. IMO, still cheaper than one off vPost shipping.

Yes, that's the flat rate no matter how much I buy. I don't know why it wasn't mentioned on the site, but it charges a 6% handling charge based on the cost of items.

About the waiting time, it ships back to Singapore once a month. So waiting time differs, depending on if you bought the item near the shipping date or not. I'm rather patient, so it works for me.

Thanks for posting this.

So okay .. they charge a 6%! They really should put that on their site.

Sounds good to me still.

1 year contract - so what happens if we want to stop before 1 year is up?

Comment

Err... that I don't know. Better you email them and check They'll probably fine you I suppse?

To pretty_panda's comment about "They are only cheaper if you buy often from US and your total shipping cost per year exceeds S$102.", I agree. But normally, our vPost charges are almost $20 at least. So it's onlu 5 shipments of vPost vs. one year of unlimited shipments. Go figure

Comment

We are only allowed these items so www.sweetscentscandles.com will still have to go through vPOst.

I have a thought: Will it be too evil of us to "share" this membership?

1. Apparel
        2. Clothing Accessories
        3. Small Accessories (Bags, Wallets, Watches, Jewellery, etc)
        4. Small Collectibles such as Stamps, Coins, Stickers, Sports Cards, etc.

Comment

what happen if u forgotten to make payment for the subscription?

Comment

Stella, totally shrewd, but I think sharing is such a good idea!

Comment

OK, I didn't read any comments about sharing. But seriously, $8.50 is a good deal and they send it personally to your place. Saves the hassle of meeting up.

About forgetting to pay, I'm not sure either. Cos I pay for my items and monthly fee when they deliver my stuff. I don't know what happens when you don't have deliveries for that month.

Oh yah, if the site isn't listed, you just need to email them and they'll approve of it. Unless it's selling illegal stuff, which I'm sure it's not.

Comment

sounds like a good deal, especially if share!

Comment

Originally posted by chewie
                  OK, I didn't read any comments about sharing. But seriously, $8.50 is a good deal and they send it personally to your place. Saves the hassle of meeting up.

About forgetting to pay, I'm not sure either. Cos I pay for my items and monthly fee when they deliver my stuff. I don't know what happens when you don't have deliveries for that month.

Oh yah, if the site isn't listed, you just need to email them and they'll approve of it. Unless it's selling illegal stuff, which I'm sure it's not.
                  Not too sure if i missed this piece of info.. what happen for purchases above S$400? any idea if they impose GST charges like vPost?

Comment

For the umpteenth time today, I don't know. Gosh, I'm quite ignorant. Maybe they don't? And the handling fee covers it?

I don't think most people's purchases go over $400... unless it was a spree or a shared account. In that case, they will probably terminate your account (assumption on my part).

I'm recommending this site more as an alternative to spree-ing and sharing vPost accounts. It's more convenient to make your own purchases if the online store's shipping is low (like Old Navy!).

Comment

Hey chewie,

thanks for the info.. thot u might know since u've placed orders with em before.. sorry for asking too much though~

I've emailed them my enquiries direct..

thanks once again ya~
                      Last edited by Glossie; 15-01-2005, 08:14 AM.

Comment

No probs, pleased to be of help (little). I've used their services but never over $400. Perhaps you can share their answers here

Comment

It was most helpful of ya to share the site

Surething! Will definitely post their answers here if I do get a reply

Thanks tons~
                          Last edited by Glossie; 15-01-2005, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Reply from NetshopINC

They replied

For your info...

Question:
                            I am interested in subscribing to your service and would be most
                            grateful if you can give me an illustration of how to calculate the
                            fees.

Take for example, I have purchased US$188.75 worth of apparels from
                            Victoria Secrets. VS gives me free shipping.

How much additional do I have to pay, on top of the $8.50 monthly
                            subscription fee?

Answer:
                            Here is a breakdown of the total you will have to pay.

Total Purchase Value: US$ 188.75
                            Domestic Shipping : US$ 0.00 (Since Victoria's Secret is offering free
                            domestic shipping)
                            Handling Fees : US$ 11.33
                            Total : US$ 200.08

Therefore the additional fees are the SG$8.50 and the US$11.33. The exchange
                            rate depends on the time of purchase.

Question:
                            I understand that you ship back to Singapore once a month and
                            henceforth waiting time differs, depending on if the item is purchased
                            near the shipping date or not. May I know is there an exact shipping
                            date and will it be revealed so as to allow shoppers to plan their
                            purchase?

Answer:
                            Yes we do ship back once a month. We try to set the date to the 19th of
                            every month.

Question:
                            May I know if you will impose GST on purchases exceeding a certain
                            amount? say S$400?

Answer:
                            No we won't.

Comment

Wow! So it's just a flat fee per month and 6% handling fee. It's much more affordable then compared to Vpost! But I guess we have to pay taxes from state to state?
                              I like the idea of sharing like Stella mentioned. Haa!

Comment

Working...
                              X