Nuisance Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuisance Calls

I've been receiving quite a number of nuisance calls these days.
    Most of them are Ind*** asking if I offer sex.

I suspect someone is using my no. on those chat services as one called and ask if i'm from one chat line.

what should i do? it's rather troublesome for me to change my no. as I've to inform many of my customers and i just change it last year.

perhaps the easiest is to ignore those calls, as they often use public phones.
    to those callers...

OMG. I am so sorry to hear about this. I can imagine how you feel. I would be very frustrated too if this were to happen to me.

I understand your stand about not wanting to change your number but honestly, that's just about the only way to solve this problem apart from ignoring those calls.

However, whoever posted your telephone number on those chat services really ought to be shot!!!!!

I sorry but I really hope this will soon pass for you.

Comment

That's a terrible thing to happen to anyone.
      Can you programme you phone's caller list or something? Like barring calls from unknown numbers or only accepting calls from your phonebook?
      I know some phones have this function.

Hope this thing will be resolved soon.

Comment

I used to get such lewd calls too

One guy pretended to do a survey on modelling & suddenly he asked me about my vital statistics then he started asking personal questions like if I have done anything with my SO!! That was freaky....

Another guy knows my name....
        Everytime he would call me & I would think that it's SO, cus only SO has a private line...
        Then when I ask him "who are you?"

He would reply "Who calls you sexy?" Then I would slam down the phone So freaky!!!

Oh & there was once my hp no was being spammed on IRC Channel s e x :roll: '

Some guy called me up & I was like 'Who are you?' And he said "Eh, you asked me to call you up"

Then I got scared & I hung up.

A few minutes later, someone SMSed me to tell me that my no was being spammed.... :roll:

What I usually do is to ignore or threaten to call the Police & make a report....

Once I had someone mass SMS me this "Lucy" .... I had like 20 over msgs with just this word "Lucy"inside... :roll:

What a lamer

Comment

I can totally understand how you feel. The only choice my service provider gave me is to change my mobile phone number, same with you...... due to my job, I can't change my number as often as I want. I made a police report and the guys were "invited" to the police station.

Comment

My sis do experience prank call but not asking for sex service but the callers, both male and female which happens to be all indians, asked for a person with the same name!! They keep calling non stop, a few times in a day... Guess that person might have cheated those callers...(like those in dramas)

There's once my sis received the call again, my BF took over and at them..saying that ww'll report to police if they call again...

Till now, there's no more such call already

Comment

some guy smsed me that day how are you blah blah,directed at a person who was obviously not me.Ignored it for awhile,and then he msged back why arent you replying???? Just smsed him back that there was NO such person and it was a wrong number...

guess what he replied,"oh ic.care to intro yourself btw?"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :shout:

Not the first time already...Some singaporean guys are pure lame...randomly smsing ppl like that.prob despo or sth...

Comment

it happened to me after passing out my number for sprees & purchases previously. that whyi dont do it now.

I had construction workers both indians & China chinese men. I was so pissed. They would be so rude & want to know my name & i go HELLO you called me dont you know my name - if you dont means you got the wrong number.

I at least so angry with these china chinese who think i can speak mandarin - i must be from CHina as well - gosh theres about 65% - 70% of the population in SG that are chinese & its a high chance that we can speak mandarin too! I forced it out of him - it was some girl whom he chatted up on the internet - you wonder how these construction works get into internet. & she was selling sex services! _i told him OMG! Please! your mum would be very upset with you! buying sex!

He felt really bad & told me thank you for reprimanding him.

some are terrible & get angry thinking that i am playing games with them "i want to see you, I want to see you now!" & they get quite rude.

I would reply " OK which police station! I will meet you there!"

calling M1 up was totally a waste of time as they could not help me bar the calls - they said that they could only bar all incoming calls. & offered me to change the number. I declined - but as the calls got really frequent & irritating, I called M1 up again - they were so nice & called up the complain i previously made - promised to give me a longer quarantined number & waived the change of number fee out of goodwill.

Usually if you are an existing subscriber, they will only change to numbers that are quarantined for less than 6 months - only used numbers will be given away. But it was really kind of them to give me a i think 1 or 2 yrs quarantined number. & the only people who call are looking for this lady & from the way they sms & talk to me - its a decent bunch of people. I even explain to her friends that i had this number since when so with the quarantine your friend has already changed her number for quite a long time.

I got these ok wrong numbers in June 2004 & again last month - it was all pleasant & thank yous & sorries.

Comment

i usually think its some young girl who wants to have chat fun & thinks up a bogus HP number which turns out to be someone's which is fun to them & such a headache for us.

I had this with my previous number as well. He was smsing me for ring tones - i did not recognise the number so just ignored it. later he smsed again - why so proud ar ask for ringtones dont reply me.

I sms back "i dont know you" - he then called & i got my bf to talk to him - he was looking for his sister -my bf "what sister - you got the wrong number - this is my wife's number you dare call again i'll call the police for harressment! if you are so close to your sister - she would have told you when she changed her number!"

i was so scared that they would want to meet up to fight! haha.

Comment

Re: Nuisance Calls

Originally posted by diamondusk
                    I've been receiving quite a number of nuisance calls these days.
                    Most of them are Ind*** asking if I offer sex.

I suspect someone is using my no. on those chat services as one called and ask if i'm from one chat line.

what should i do? it's rather troublesome for me to change my no. as I've to inform many of my customers and i just change it last year.

perhaps the easiest is to ignore those calls, as they often use public phones.
                    to those callers...
                    You must be "making" too much friend online and giving out your number without using ur brain.

Comment

Sunkist,

That's not a very nice thing to say! :roll:

If you've read her post properly, diamondusk made no mention of her giving her number away to online friends. She suspects that someone had used her number on chatline.

Comment

just kidding. Anyway if the one who is giving out her nos. by jus guessing any number. Then she is very unlucky.

regards

Comment

thanks keiko
                          thanks gals for sharing your stories and advice
                          i did not receive any of such calls for this whole week....
                          keeping my fingers crossed though.
                          "luckily" i was only unlucky for a few weeks

Comment

A little off topic

Anybody know what kind of excuses I can use to avoid calls from ppl I dun wanna talk to?The busy-talk-to-you-later excuse seems too outdated already.

Comment

Same here. Normally I just dun answer the call and dun reply the missed call.

Hee my excuse is always my phone's ringer tone quite soft and I can't hear it when I put in my bag

Comment

Working...
                              X