Favorite hang out places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite hang out places

Okie, I searched for the above and couldn't find any. So just curious about where you ladies normally hang out with your friends in Singapore? As everyone knows, Singappore is such a small country.

Where are the interesting hang out places you ladies frequent?

Why do you choose to frequent these places?

How often do you frequent these places?

Who are your companion(s) and what do you all do?
    Last edited by xiaozhu85; 26-01-2005, 01:24 PM.

hi... usually, i will hang out with my friends around the north area as most of us stay there... so usually place with my Junction 8, Causeway Point, Toa Payoh Central....

usually just sit in cafes and just chat and people watching...

if not then we will just go shopping in these neighbourhood shops.. hehehe sometimes can find good stuff there....

Comment

QWhere are the interesting hang out places you ladies frequent?
      A:Aquarium shops/fish farms.

Q:Why do you choose to frequent these places?
      A:To look and buy the cute fishes/fish keeping accessories.

Q:How often do you frequent these places?
      A:Weekly/monthly basics.

Q:Who are your companion(s) and what do you all do?
      A:My beau. Look look, see fishes, shrimps and aquatic plants. Will buy them if appropriate (that means it suit my tank. price also reasonable)

Comment

Orchard, most of the time!

Favourite clothes shops - Mango, Zara, Esprit all in the area

Sometimes as often as 3 times a week, sometimes once in two weeks

my gal pals, but sometimes the bf (but with the bf cannot hang around long long long long time...)

Comment

cafe at Mariott Hotel. fabulous for people watching.

tangs, taka, wisma and sometimes paragon

i go with my pals, my pals i met here, my hubby his friends and just about anyone who's up for some shopping

Comment

Originally posted by tryne
            QWhere are the interesting hang out places you ladies frequent?
            A:Aquarium shops/fish farms.
            My bf also likes to go to aquarium shops! There was once he dragged me to Qian Hu Fish Farm. Unfortunately I don't know how to appreciate fishes.

Comment

1) Where are the interesting hang out places you ladies frequent?
              Orchard and HV (holland village)

Orchard to shop and catch movies... hang out.
              HV, because it's very near my home and it has a very relaxed and easy feel to it - great place to chill. don't have to worry about what to wear because anything goes

Orchard: at least once a week if i'm not having school. once every 2/3 weeks if i'm schooling because workload is so heavy!
              HV: at least 3 times a week.

my girlfriends, my bf, my sister
              shop, eat, people watch, chill, catch a movie (orchard), chat

Comment

Orchard, holland village, gf's place and velvet for partying

usual meeting places for friends

2 to 3 times a week..

gfs for shopping and hanging out, bf for shopping,movies and pigging out, colleagues for partying

Comment

City Hall

Hubby go to Sim lim, i shop at city hall. He shop
                  finish he will come to city hall and we will go home together.
                  Nursey room. A lot of Toilets.
                  Favourite store
                  Feel very peaceful

Every two weeks

I shop with my two daughters(4yr)(3mon).
                  Last edited by min; 27-01-2005, 01:26 PM.

Comment

fun

hi ladies, i'll be travelling to singapore in march, anyone care to share interesting places?

Comment

Well, I don't really know many interesting places in Singapore though I am a Singaporean. Sad but true.

For shopping, first place I can think of is the whole stretch of Orchard Road. Major shopping centres like Ngee Ann City, Wisma Atrium etc. There are lots of places to shop but I think the other cotters can help you more than me. Sorry.

Comment

my fave spot would be millenia walk...
                        not so crowded...can walk over to marina sq for a movie...and walk over to suntec for shopping

Comment

BTW, is Marina Square finished with the refurbishment? When we went there last it was a total nightmare.

I passed by the Qian Hu fish farm yesterday on our way to the orchid farm! Got some splendid pics to share - http://photobucket.com/albums/v396/Aphraeleiss/Orchids/

I like to hang out at Parkway Parade (actually I'm forced to go there every other day to get necessities). Other than that it's the Orchard stretch which I can finish pretty much in a day. That's a weekly trip. I'm trying to find out how to get to new places. Might explore Funan tomorrow. Haven't been there in like 10 years. I can check out Kimage as well as the latest electronic gadgets. I'm not much for shopping out of doors and I just accompany my dad to orchid farms so I don't get all cooped up at home. The rest of the time I go out alone or with my sisters as all my friends are working in jobs that only allow me to see them when they're on annual leave. I.e. once every 6 months or so. Sigh.

How do you get to Holland V, and is it airconditioned? I've never been! TIA.
                          Last edited by Aphrael; 30-01-2005, 12:55 PM.

Comment

On weekdays I 'hang out' with my baby at taka, wisma, forum, great world city and sometimes Holland V. I frequent these places on weekdays when hubby is at work cause I dont know how to drive to other places yet And also because these places are usually quieter on weekdays, all have diaper changing stations(apart from HV) and lotsa nice eateries for me to indulge in gourmet sin.

Comment

Originally posted by Aphrael
                              How do you get to Holland V, and is it airconditioned? I've never been! TIA.
                              You can take buses 106, 61, 970, 165 and quite a few more buses whose numbers i can't recall now
                              The nearest mrt stations are buona vista and commonwealth... it's sorta in between this two stations.
                              hmmm.. holland v is really quite "village-y" as it's made up of 2 small stretches of like, shophouses or something. (i'm really bad at explaining places, sorry!) there are many eateries (like crystal jade, thai express, swensens, cha cha cha, breko etc), small shops, one "shopping centre" (which is sorta like queensway shopping centre), pet shops and such. there's also a hawker centre and small coffee shops. there are 3 magazines stalls whereby u can get all the foreign and local magazines.
                              you should go there to take a look around for yourself it's kinda quaint and all, but with the mrt line coming up, it'll soon be overflowing with people and sorta like "commericalised".
                              HTH!

Comment

Working...
                              X