Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the plastic notes in circulation now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the plastic notes in circulation now?

I must be totally out of the loop - my sister came to me with a shiny new plastic $10 note just a few days ago. When did it come into circulation, and are plastic notes replacing all the paper notes? I much prefer plastic to paper - much more hardy and feel cleaner.

I got one a couple of months back...then can't bear to use! LOL. Just the other day I withdrew from ATM $40 and all were plastic notes! I like them better too!

Comment

yep definitely, I prefer plastic notes. I don't really see them anymore except for a rare occasional times when I get change from using big notes like $50.

I have not heard anything of changing all the paper notes to plastic notes at the moment though. Maybe they used the $10 as a trial run for the plastic notes?

I hope they would come out with plastic $50 notes too!

Comment

I think they're slowly implementing the plastic notes, but i don't think they will totally replace our smelly paper notes (i hate them too) anytime soon.

Oh, i remember they implemented pastic $50 notes when i was a kid. Used to marvel at the plasticky feel of it, but it was pulled out less than a year later. I really hope people will accept plastics notes readily. It feels much cleaner.

Comment

I think the problem with the old plastic notes was that they shrunk after some time or something. Kinda far out. Australia has used plastic notes for the past 8 years or so. Should be ok now if these ones don't shrink anymore.

Comment

Aphrael, they really shrink? I did not know that!

Comment

i remember 1 tue when my bf got a night out from his camp he went over to a nearby ATM to withdrawn some money for usuage to his surprise new plactis note come out from it..but actually plastic note should be sort of 'limited' notes that can be change last yr (cant remember the month clearly)..so i thought he was lying to me but when i met him on the friday he actually show me the plastic notes and even offer to bring me go over to draw it..and i did try and it true plastic notes come out..and i just keep it and never use..

Comment

I keep every plastic notes I get. and they seem to be all around these days. I have at least 6 plastic notes in my wallet now. If this goes on , I think I might be able to save save some money. :roll:

Comment

jus got one plastic note as change, sitting in my wallet now, cant bear to use it, esp like the 'transparent window' at the top of the note...

Comment

Originally posted by Chibibambi
                    I keep every plastic notes I get. and they seem to be all around these days. I have at least 6 plastic notes in my wallet now. If this goes on , I think I might be able to save save some money. :roll:

same like me i keep whatever plastic note i've got, and i even put my notes in different pages of a book so that it will be straight as new.. i already got a few hundred cause i change with whoever have it..my mom think i'm mad.. cause keep so much $ but dont want to use them..

Comment

Aphrael, IIRC, those notes were introduced AFTER PM Lee became the chairman of the board of commissioners of currency of singapore. They needed to replace the signature

Comment

Yes yes, the plastic notes were available at some time last year. You have to go to the bank to change it and most people change it to keep it (cuz its new, plastic, new signature and running order for numbers).

Recently I've seen it around too. I prefer the paper one as its easier to count.

Comment

IIRC, they started circulating it like mid last year. I haven't seen much of them being used at all. I hope they won't end like the $50 notes many years ago. I really like the look of the new notes.

Comment

The new notes are very nice...I think they would look nicer than the normal ones after a long time... But one strange thing is, the cash deposit machines do not accept those notes. ><

Comment

Yup I like them too! They are like so much cleaner. Sometimes I really loathe to touch stinky dollar notes even though its $50 :puke:

Comment

Working...
                              X