This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Valentine's Swap - Closed

I'm thinking of a Valentine's Secret Swap! It's going to be fun!

1. Please do not give your poor valentine anything that's USED or RECYCLED. Something nice, preferably from her swap list in Secret Valentines' Wishlist! Everyone joining, please update your wishlists, and do state your sizes as well or skin combi or anything vital for your pal!

2. Those interested, please roll in your names from the last post, and do update your swap list so your SV knows what to get you! For now to join, you'll need a minimum of 50 posts, but if I know you / you're keen to join, just PM me nicely!

3. For "safety" purposes, I'd suggest meeting up with your SVs so that nothing will be missing/ broken etc. If your buddy is overseas, you may mail out the items, but only via a trackable method such as Courier!

4. Those interested, please also email your name, nick, hp and address to [email protected] and we'll call you up to verify!

5. Budget for the items are between 20-25SGD! Of course if you're generous you can always go overboard, no one will get upset, I'm sure

6. Please roll in your names ASAP by 11th February so that we can coordinate the SVs and email everyone their Secret Valentine! After that, please get your darling SV a pressie by 28th February!

7. I'll think of more guidelines!!

*Note: Some people asked me to explain more about how this will work. Here goes! For the valentine swap, you will get a cotter, and you will have to be her "secret valentine". Without revealing your identity, you should try to get her something pretty within the range of budget stated, preferably something you know she'll like/on her wishlist before the deadline stated, and meet her to give it to her! The same will happen for you! What happens is with the list of names, Tea and myself will ballot to see who gets who as their secret valentine. Chewie/Vernis will help to also verify and confirm participants details! So after you decide to join, please email your particulars to me as stated in above post. If its not clear, post your questions here and hopefully someone can help you with it! Cheers!!!
    Last edited by yellowrachie; 15-03-2005, 01:46 PM.

heh but rachel, wouldn't it be kinda late already to start a valentines swap now? its only just about a week till Vday now.. think its enough time to do the planning and shopping?

don't mean to be a wet blanket though dearie!

Comment

I know now sure cannot. But I mean one day! Like on another special occasion!

Comment

I honestly wouldnt mind doing such a swap right now Maybe we can do a "Valentine's Week Swap" so shouldn't be much trouble ya? Hmm...

Comment

LOL It's gonna take some coordination though...so you probably need more than a week...what's a good date for this?

Comment

hmm... :huh:
            What abt we doing a valentine swap that will run till end of the month?Means,people will have to send their swaps out by e.g. the 28th of feb.Think that would give us plentyyy of time to co-ordinate what say you gals?

Comment

That's a fantastic idea! If you girls are interested, why not organise it yourself? in the spirit of being pro-active and all. A cotter started a Secret Santa two years back, which was pretty fun!

Comment

Heya, agree this sounds like a great idea..
                But how does this valentine's day swap work exactly? :eh:

Comment

What happens is you get a Secret Valentine (Or Santa depending on the occasion) and you have to check out the girl's wishlist and get her something from there and send it to her or meet her! Surprise her! And you'll get a surprise swap too!

Ange, 28th of Feb sounds like a great idea! Any takers? Its a tad rushed though, I'll agree with Jean, but half the fun's in the rush? Or should we wait till another fun occasion?

Its the 7th Feb today!

Comment

i hope to join!!!

my new year resolution = virgin swap given away to u gals.

must be cosmetics? can accessories do?

Comment

Well me thinks it can be anything! You can just name out your wishlist with a certain budget limit I suppose!

Oooh some "stolen" ideas on how to go about it:

1. Present budget limit 20-25SGD (?)
                      2. Items must be sent by some trackable form by 28th February, like registered mail, courier, hand delivery, or you could meetup! :D
                      3. Those who wanna join should put up a wishlist so your buddy knows what to get you, do we put the wishlist here, or on the Cozyswap area?
                      4. Well then everyone who wants to join can roll in the names as well.. Anyone wants to coordinate it? Else I won't mind volunteering but this week is a week that I may not be online!
                      5. Then everyone interested emails their particulars to the organiser, and she'll email everyone their secret Valentine and they have to buy pressies for them!!

Who's keen?? :bore:

Excited people:
                      Rachie!

Comment

Rachieee.... pls dun bring pomelos back for swap ok?! hee.... enjoy yr trip!

Actually i really don't know how this works but will join.

Excited people:
                        Rachie!
                        VerNis!!

Comment

Vernis, if I get you as my secret swap.....

Anyway its sorta like you get a secret friend that you have to make happy and someone else makes you happy too! hehe

Comment

oops! can't say what i am getting right here right now right?!?
                            Last edited by vernis; 07-02-2005, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Rachieee.... pls dun bring pomelos back for swap ok?! hee.... enjoy yr trip!

Actually i really don't know how this works but will join.

Excited people:
                              Rachie!
                              VerNis!!
                              Jean!

Comment

Working...
                              X