Unhygienic Food places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhygienic Food places

I was at Blk 682 Hougang coffeeshop (Coffee Express 2000) yesterday, and saw a relatively huge rat running from inside the vegetarian stall to the mixed vegetables stall. It was like 2-3 footstep away from me- got me a shock! duh

Also, I saw the workers of the mixed vegetables stall, emptying the remaining unsold cooked dish into a basket and washing off the gravy with water. They then drained it and transferred the remaining food into a container. This was repeated with the other unsold dishes as well. In the course of this action, I also saw their workers washing their hands with the same water that was washing/draining the food in the basket as well. I wonder whether these leftovers are added to the same cooked dish and serve customers the next day.

the sight of it really puts me off.

Food court at Lucky Plaza basement

I saw a rat running across the lit signboards of the food stalls

Comment

I REALLY avoid Lucky Plaza food court if I can. I contracted E.coli after eating at the Hokkien Mee. Char Kway Tiao stall, and ended up in hospital for 4 days! Luckily ok now.

After I was discharged, I contacted Ministry of Health about this. They went down to investigate and nothing nothing.

Comment

Eeek that's bad Glad that you're fine now

Comment

Momo that's bad. Is the stall still there? They just renovated quite recently, hopefully it has been axed & didn't start operation elsewhere to victimise diners. You must have been :Doh: by the whole saga & hospital bill!

Glad you have fully recovered.

Comment

Thanks m3lody and vernis. I am fine now although I did want to faint after I saw the hospital bill.

Errr not sure if the :puke: stall is still there. But if it it's the one right next to the desserts stall.

Comment

i went last Sat for laksa, the dessert stall is no longer there, thus high possibility the horrendous fried mee stall is gone too. There was a change in a number of stalls. Thank God. Health is most important, lucky you are healed & well again. Your baby & pets need you!!

Comment

Yup agreed with vernis ! Good thing those horrible stalls are gone!

Comment

Hee...I think u all here will faint if I tell u my experince with a Malay food stall in Melaka. It was a mixed rice stall. My collegue brought me there coz she heard that the food there was nice as they used charcoal to cook. The worker there used her hand to take the dish that I chose! U can even see the sauce of the dish dripping from her hand. Worst still, other customers took the food using their hands too!!! Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!

Comment

Yucks. That's sound so gross.
                    Guess Melaka hygiene is not as strict as Singapore ? :eh:

Comment

Melaka food is clean enough. Just the food stall that I went was exceptional. It was not a kopitiam, not even a proper food stall, just 4 pillars with a roof, thats it.

This was a nightmare to me but my collegue fell in love with their food. She tried to persuade me to follow her to that stall again and I told her that I rather she killed me!
                      Think of it still wanna :puke: Yuck! Yuck!

Comment

Haha, however was the food nice? What food they actually serves there?

Comment

They served simple Malay food like fried chicken, curry chicken, sambal prawns, fried bean sprouts, sambal eggs and etc. Frankly speaking, nice coz they put in lots of spice but still wanna :puke: when think of the way they took the food. Yuck!!!

Comment

Haha yes yes agreed..
                            Glad to know nothin happened to you after you ate their food.

Comment

Originally posted by momopeach
                              I REALLY avoid Lucky Plaza food court if I can. I contracted E.coli after eating at the Hokkien Mee. Char Kway Tiao stall, and ended up in hospital for 4 days! Luckily ok now.

After I was discharged, I contacted Ministry of Health about this. They went down to investigate and nothing nothing.
                              whao!!! sounds really bad!!

Comment

Working...
                              X