Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introvert or Extrovert?

Which one do you classify as?

I think i'm a mix of both but more towards the introverted side.

To strangers/new mates, i am *damn* quiet & shy. I seldom take the initiative to introduce myself until the person comes talk to me first. haha...

To close friends/buddy/boyfriend, i am more outgoing and fun. I can be crazy at times.

This is the so-call "split personality" ?

I want to know how can i improve on social communication skills...

Hi there, guess i'm somewhat like you too cUppucino, more introverted, but will open up to people whom i'm comfortable with, even if i've not known him/her for a long time. i believe personality is not a one dimensional thing, as i used to study in psychology.

Well, I think your "outgoing and fun" also applies to your friends here in cozycot. Seen that u have initiated and responded quite a few conversation starters in this forum.

Comment

yes, ya plus online. i find it much easier to type out the things i want to say so i normally likes to email than to converse on the phone

Comment

I'm quite like you. Unless necessary, I will open my mouth and voice my opinion. Most of the time, I would prefer to be the listener. If we want to improve on our social skill, it has be ourselves first. Put in some effort to open up to people around us. Read more to increase our knowledge & awareness of things happening around us too. I'm still trying hard to improve my social skills.

Comment

*Nods head in agreement*

I also wanna improve my social skills, especially cause next time I will be going overseas for further studies. In more westernised cultures, it really helps to speak up more! Sometimes I find myself stuttering a lil when I'm nervous or even with my own friends if I'm trying to explain a difficult concept. :Doh:

bebelatte, what do u normally read to gain more knowledge? Nothing to 'cheem' (profound) or wordy for me. I like to read, but more of fiction, magazines & comics...

Comment

Not bebelatte, maybe you want to start off with newspapers like Straits Times.

I'm also an introvert which is so totally unlike my horoscope sign; Gemini. Even if among close friends, I'm also more of a quiet person, listening to them talk. That's also why I'm quite interested in taking up psychology.

But I'm often mistaken as being arrogant as I don't smile to strangers. I'm just shy only. It's very difficult for me to start a conversation with a stranger.
            Last edited by xiaozhu85; 22-02-2005, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I am an introvert to people i dislike, extrovert to people i like. You better hope I talk to you!

Comment

I'm an extrovert to everybody. Think that's my character But can be quite mean to people I dislike

Comment

i think i react differently to different people, being familar with people u know makes u less on guard and more open i guess

strangers - polite and courteous conversations

friends and buddies and SO - nothing will stop me from saying my piece. i am quite obnoxorious i guess!

i speak my mind a lot, so with strangers, i tend to keep my mouth shut in case i offend them. i just nod my head *nod*

as someone said to me once "either people hate you or love you"

Comment

introvert. i'm not great in social settings and i need time to warm up to people. in a social event, i'll probably be the one listening to what everyone else has to say.

Comment

Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Originally posted by cUppucino
                      Which one do you classify as?

I think i'm a mix of both but more towards the introverted side.

To strangers/new mates, i am *damn* quiet & shy. I seldom take the initiative to introduce myself until the person comes talk to me first. haha...

To close friends/buddy/boyfriend, i am more outgoing and fun. I can be crazy at times.

This is the so-call "split personality" ?

I want to know how can i improve on social communication skills...
                      am like u too, n i make friends one to one better than in a big group.

my bf says i must be more sociable 'coz networking very important.

n i m only crazy with close group of people. :eh:

Comment

yeah me too agree that networking is impt.

But my SO always tell me "you want little GOOD friends or many Hello-bye friends with no good friends?"

He always tell me that i already have a few good friends and that's ok already..ahhaha

it's true to a certain extent...

Anyway his networking is good! he is fun but not very socialble yet he is able to make many good friends! *looking up to him* hahahha

Comment

and i'm not the spontaneous kind when it comes to games and fun. unless again, i'm with my close group of friends. haha...

I think i am very shy! The thought of games makes me shiver especially have to do it in front of people you don't really know...ahhaah.....

yeah and i also like to listen more than to speak more.

but it also depends on the kind of people you are with. If i dislike them for no good reasons, i won't talk to them at all.

If they gives me a pleasant feeling/look, i MAY talk to them first but this is once in a blue moon kind of thing. HAHA i still wait for people to approach

i wish i'm more chatty and fun

Comment

and i'm very lousy at impromptu speech..(that also defines communication cos it's also impromptu) haha..

but if you give me time to think and prepare, i can come up with good speeches *i think*

i'm lousy at jokes too! or rather i don't joke. when people make a joke, i'll merely smile or laugh. i won't add on! hahaa...

*the above scenarios mentioned applies only to unfamiliar people

Comment

People say I'm an extrovert, but I always think I'm a introvert.
                              I don't like hanging ard with ppl, don't like meeting strangers, don't like making small talk. But somehow, people think I like, and that i can mix well with people, which i personally dont think so...hmmmz..i think I'm a contradicting person... :eh:

Comment

Working...
                              X