Fresh flowers into dry flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh flowers into dry flowers

How do i maintain my fresh bouquet of roses into dry flowers. Previously, all pedal of the roses keep falling even i dry it upside down. I want the flowers in one whole bouquet not only dry pedals!

Hi I dont have this problem with roses but somehow I just cant dry the lilies or tulips. I usually dont wait till the rose is too fully bloomed to dry it.

Comment

i also dry my flowers by hanging them upside down, in a sunny area...

dreamic, i also cant dry my tulips... they will really drop off... actually they seem to rot first before dropping off...

Comment

Girls... not trying to be superstitious... just listen, digest and decide for yourself...

In the art of feng shui, dried flowers are consider to be inauspicious, especially for romance.

flowers that are dried are considered dead flowers and traditionally, fresh flowers have been used to help the unwedded enhance their romance. Dying or withering flowers are bad for romance.

You may try to place the dried flowers for a few days but if you notice bad vibes building around (family members or SO), then maybe it's time to throw those dried flowers away.

I know it'll be a waste, esp considering the price paid to get those flowers on VDay, but I think whats more impt is more than that!

Just my
        Last edited by aaee; 23-02-2005, 02:30 PM.

Comment

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC1151.htm
          http://hgic.clemson.edu/PDF/HGIC1151.pdf

Didnt know we can use microwave to dry flowers too!! According to the websites this method is applicable to drying roses and tulips

Haha but not sure if I will try the mircowave method to dry tulip. Anybody tried this method?

Comment

Certainly have not used microwave to dry my roses but I have tried air drying them by hanging them upside down in an airconditioned place. (I got my mum to just stick it under her desk in her office last time ) I prefer to dry them in airconditioned place because the petals will not turn wrinkly like when they are dried in normal room temperature.

Comment

wow ohce, i didnt know that it is bad to keep the flowers after they've dried up!
              Is that why my past relationships didnt work out? i think i better throw out the flowers that my present SO have given to me!

Comment

Lil_piggie, like what i've said earlier, not trying to be superstitious... just listen, digest and decide for yourself...

You can always monitor closely and see if tension do build up. You know what you should do once you notice bad vibes building around the both of you

Comment

i dont hang them upside down to dry. i tried that before and the pedals all drop off. i think leaving them one cool corner and drying them slowly looks much better.

Comment

rose bouquet last longer than lilies.. my lilies have wither!!!

rose bouquet still hangs well outside my window. i tied them to my window grill and leave them outside.. for more than a year.

Comment

my mum dried roses in her office and they turned out very nice! retained abit of their original pinkish/reddish colour, but when i tried drying in my office, it turned brown/wrinkly, petals fell off and i think rotted cos they started to stink after awhile. But i do agree that drying them in air-conditioned places do seem to be better then regular room temperature.

Other than that, the baby's breath and forget-me-nots i usually press them to dry. Stuff them into the directory and pile tons of books on top. Easier to dry than roses and they retain their colour!

Comment

but i think baby breath turns into this 'yellowish' colour when dried. sigh. it looks so nice when its 'white'.

Comment

I like forget-me-not... cuz they still remain as purple even when they dry up...

Comment

haha actually forget me nots look dried even when fresh... hehe they look like tissues....

Don't get me wrong i like forget me nots too!

Comment

Originally posted by aeon410
                              my mum dried roses in her office and they turned out very nice! retained abit of their original pinkish/reddish colour, but when i tried drying in my office, it turned brown/wrinkly
                              I seriously feel that how well the dried flowers turn out also depends on their quality to start with. I mentioned in my posting above about how my mum helped me dried some roses, those turned out amazingly well. I remember doing another batch of roses the same way and the petals though looked better than those dried at room temperature, they were definitely not as pretty as the first batch.

Comment

Working...
                              X