PIF. files on msn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIF. files on msn

i received a link from a friend today through msn. Thought it will be something and clicked on it. And bingo! i got that virus! OMG! does anyone know how to save my computer or delete it? it mass send to all my contacts on my msn. Any idea how it will affect my computer? my friend told me that," it just hacks into the system. nothing really serious." what?! Just hack into the system and u call that not important??? hmm..

i think u can try to download the microsoft spyware removal tool from www.microsoft.com and do a scan...

After that do an antivirus scan... then restart your pc....

not to worry, no harm is done just that it makes your msn a little berserk.

Comment

Phew, i almost received it

Comment

There is a worm spreading itself via MSN messenger. I googled and found a blog that explains how to get rid of it, the Symantec removal tool and some more info.

Be very careful of all files with strange names from people on your MSN friend's list. If your friend did not say they're going to send you something, do not accept it and ask them about it first.

Comment

Re: Re: PIF. files on msn

Originally posted by happybean
          you mean while you were chatting on msn messenger, your friend sent you a link that led to a virus? :huh:
          it sends the virus file to all your friends in your list unknowingly.

Comment

i'm a victim too. but the files mysteriously disappeared from my PC, though i did not do anything..

is this normal?

Comment

my friend's msn automatically sent me the file too! then it looked too suspicious so i decided not to open it. luckily for me. *phew*

these viruses are so scary!

Comment

Originally posted by mew_pinkie
                i'm a victim too. but the files mysteriously disappeared from my PC, though i did not do anything..

is this normal?
                It would be best if you read those websites I have provided and fully confirm that your pc/ msn is free of the virus.

Comment

hey sleek, my brother (14 year old. :roll: ) did that system restore thingy and right now, my PC seems perfectly normal. i'll ask him to check it for me. thanks so much sweets!

Comment

Got those 3 times so far... so be extra careful about clicking on any links. A lot of friends still don't know that there's a worm hanging around on MSN.

Comment

Working...
                    X