Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time, Newsweek and other current affairs mags

Hello!

I'm just wondering, who's currently a subscriber?

How do you find these mags? About CA,which are more recommended?

Thanks!!

what's CA?

i subscribe to time magazine. there are interesting articles every issue but i dont read all of them. some articles just induces me to sleep. overall it's a good read.

Comment

interesting mags but the subscription is ex!

Comment

I like The Economist much more, but it's a tad too expensive for me to renew once my current student subscription expires. I think Time is better than Newsweek - there are times whe I feel that Newsweeks oversensationalizes (yes, I know, it's the press. but still.....)

Comment

I'm more for the Economist too, but it's too darn ex! I think I prefer TIME to Newsweek though, no reason, just a personal preference i guess!

Enchante, u can always access The Economist online as well!

Comment

Accessing online for such is really fun because it does save some cost aka the expensive subscription. But the fact that they dont feature those really good ones online...because they want you to buy the magazines.!

Aw man. Anyone has the current issue? I've not touched these magazines yet & wonder how it's like to read them....If u could sell your copy at reasonable price; let me know ok.

ThankS!

Comment

I do not have the current issue since i have stopped subscribing, but i can offer you a backdated issue if u're interested to know more about the layout etc of THE ECONOMIST.

Comment

Sounds great. How to go about?

Comment

For those of you who prefer The Economist, I take my hat off..... personally find it tooo intellectual and dry.

I like TIME though, and when I'm on a tight budget and don't mind reading backdated issues, the library is a good place to get 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by roach
                    For those of you who prefer The Economist, I take my hat off..... personally find it tooo intellectual and dry.

I like TIME though, and when I'm on a tight budget and don't mind reading backdated issues, the library is a good place to get 'em!
                    Geez. Yes ! the Library. Why didnt i think of it, but i can't borrow that out..gotta be in the reference section....*hmmm*

Comment

My sis subscribes to newsweek and I find it very readable. Not dry at all! OT but when she subscribed to newsweek, they gave her a one-year cleo subscription free. Haha

Comment

Wow. Nice offer = ] Btw Grace , will it be possible that your sis sells me a backdated issue? Maybe the most recent backdated one? Since you mentioned it was readable, i'll like to give it a shot.

Comment

Don't know about other branches, but the library @ orchard has copies that can be borrowed out...

Comment

National Geographic

Need some information on subscription of National Geographic. Anyone subcribes to the magazine and how do u go about doing the subscription?

If u gals happen to chance upon those booths who do special promotions on subscription of magazines, pls leave a message here? Really appreciate that

Comment

raebelasian,go to http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazines/index.html
                              to subscribe!

Comment

Working...
                              X