Myths or Facts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myths or Facts?

Heard that moisturizer accelerate hair growth? How true isit? To a certain extent, I thought it was true as the hair on my kneecap always grows longer and I only apply moistuizer to that part. :eh:

Heard that eating chillis causes pimples, but others said it's good for the skin. Which is true? I love chilli though! Especially chilli paddi.

Not sure about the moisturier but as for the chillies, I read about it on the newspaper quite sometimes ago so I'm forget about the details but it seemed that eating too much of it is not good for skin and health.

I've heard XO can make your hair grow faster! True or false?

Comment

Really? I thought that chilli was a vegetable and it is suppose to make your skin good.

I'm not too sure about the moisturizer also. But heard many people said that XO makes the hair grow faster too. Hahahaha, in my secondary school days, I cut the spiky hair (Zoe Tay cut before too), it was in fashion that time and I got upset when I went home to wash my hair as it was so short, shorter than some guys hair. I started to put XO on my hair every night and go to bed. Whether it did make my hair grow faster, I can't recall, but I know it made my hair so so dry.

Comment

LOL, I have the Zoe Tay (The Gambler 1) hairdo before too (thanks to my bro )! It was during my primary 6 days.. and I totally regret it!

wow, you really put XO? (heh, so rich? ) but wont the hair smell? and stain the bed&pillow?

Comment

Re: Myths or Facts?

Originally posted by venuswang
          Heard that moisturizer accelerate hair growth? How true isit? To a certain extent, I thought it was true as the hair on my kneecap always grows longer and I only apply moistuizer to that part.
          :booty: this is amazing &

Comment

If you wear pants the friction against the leg will stimulate hair growth. As the knee caps are the point of maximal stimulation even if you don't apply moisturiser the hair there may still grow faster. I think healthy skin in general has faster hair growth. Another reason may be that your skin is dehydrated and by moisturising you are providing it with what it needs to go and grow.

Chilli contains stimulants which may not be good for the body when eaten in great amounts. Being a vegetable doesn't make it good for the skin. You'd best look up nutritional values of vegetables if you're really interested.

Comment

I always hear that too much chilli is bad for your skin, it would cause pimples to erupt. But, it helps in weight loss, hmmm...how true is that??

Comment

Hahaha, so everything about the moisturizer happen to be a concidence. No wonder only the kneecap grow faster, but when I tried to stop applying moisturizer for a period of time, it grows slower. *shrugs* Wonder how true it is. Anyway, heard that this rumour came about from the newspaper. :eh:

Hahaha, my hair super dooper stink from the XO, but it really dries up very fast after applying, perhaps cause it's alcohol, that's why it didn't stain too much. I always put a towel on my pillow too, so no worries about staining the pillow, but my pillow sure has a strong alcoholic smell.

Anyway, I love chillis, so even if it does causes pimple, I'll still eat it, cause I love spicy food and especially chilli paddi. But being a woman, who mostly are vain pot, I am pretty much curious about the effects. Yeah, heard that chilli can help in weight loss, maybe thatt is why most Thai girls are slim? Their food are mainly spicy and sour.

Comment

I've heard that sour and hot food does help in weight loss, one increases your digestive juices and efficient digestive system and the latter, increases your metabolism rate.

And I also heard that beer boosts hair growth! Which explains TNS's beer conditioner and shampoo!

Comment

Beer help in hair growth? :wow: I never heard before. Interesting facts! Next time must order more hot and sour food.

Anymore interesting facts to be known?

Comment

Beer stimulates testosterone production which stimulates hair growth. But you get the whole package. That's why some women have lots of fuzz on their face from drinking beer.

Comment

Eeeekkk! Really? Drinking beer may result having more hair growth? Oh my god, I often drink beer.

Comment

Some, darling, not all. Chances are if you haven't noticed it by now the effect's not significant for you.

Comment

really? But I only start to drink beer these few months. Hope it will not happen to me.....

Comment

haha...In that case, those who have hair loss are advised to drink lots of beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X