Earthquake: South-East Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake: South-East Asia

Radio is reporting Sumatra 8.5 earthquake is causing SG higher storeys shaking now!! Is anyone in Sengkang or Punggol? Heard is serious there?

I live at Bedok and felt the tremors. 20th storey. I feel gentle tremors sometimes even when it's not reported in the news.

Comment

Omg,I thought I was sick cuz I was sitting at my comp and the WHOLE block was swaying!! The central area like Toa Payoh,Whampoa,Sengkang and Punggol are affected most.I'm staying at Whampoa and really,this is quite a scare to us! 10 minutes after the tremors here,CNA reported on the quake.

Comment

I felt really sick after that and had to lie down.
        Our whole family woke up becuz they all felt the tremors.Terrifying!

Comment

I live in pasir ris on a high floor & I felt so dizzy, everything was swaying, shaking mildy & I felt sick. I thought maybe it's me (too tired) so I was seeing things. Only found out when my frd msged me, very scary!

Comment

Worrying about Davis in Bali... If got tsunami again, how????

Comment

I thought about that too but CNA said a tsunami warning is released already so momopeach should be ok? Try contacting her or something?

Comment

Lets hope that there are no sign of tsunami for the next hour......... then they'll be quite safe.

Comment

i experience it over at suntec while working at level 11th too.....scary and feel sick too......thought what happens then heard the news from radio......hope no casualty rates.

Comment

Davis is in Bali!!! Ah *prays theres no tsunami*, but highly unlikely right? Not every earthquake will result in a tsunami.

Comment

oh no i hope davis is okie
                      errr any more tremors?

Comment

Hi Davis should be ok. I was in Bali when the tsunami in Dec happened and it wasnt affected at all. It's quite far away and on the other side.

Last night I heard my wardrobe doors flapping and I thought it was my cats. Then I felt the bed moved and then the building swaying...I've always thought it would be like vibrations but it was more like the building has jelly legs and was wobbling gently to and fro....very scary.
                        I was thinking to myself (along at home) what I should do if it continues - to run downstairs and what I should bring with me or hide under my bed
                        and I thought to myself oh my gosh, I am soo unprepared for such emergencies. It was over in less than 10 seconds but a thousand thoughts ran through my mind. Btw, I am staying in Sengkang

Comment

oh dear, i was trying to sleep that time ... did not feel anything at all... keke
                          probably because i stay in AMK? think old blocks are more "solid" you dont feel tremors.. new blocks like sengkang and punggol.. err well...
                          just saw CNA that the tsunami alert has been cancelled.. so no worries people!

Comment

Old blocks more "solid"? I thought the exact opposite (my last post above) cos my area is OLD. Maybe not as old as Tiong Bahru but definitely OLD.

Comment

Cheng, are you near the site where the nicole highway collasped? Maybe the earth there is not too good?
                              I agree with smurffy that old flats are more solid. The new flats these days are all wafer fabs how solid can it be?

Comment

Working...
                              X