Do you believe in Fengshui?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in Fengshui?

I started reading up on feng shui recently and realise that my chinese horoscope clashes with that of my boyfriend's and that if we continue being together (as in like get married) problems will occur and we'll even harm each other. The book also gave the example of Princess Diana and Prince Charles as being incompatiable and yet want to be together.

I do know that some people say that its not wise to believe in such, but it did leave me feeling unsettled.

What's your say?

I only believe in fengshui when come to my house or other stuffs.

But I never believe in horoscope fengshui. For me, I'm also having the same scenario like you that our horoscope clash. But both of us, never take it to our heart.

Comment

I agree with queenie about the house part.

for horoscopes compatibality, I prefer the english version one. lol.

Comment

Yah.. me too... I only believe in fengshui when it comes to the positioning of the stuff in the house etc... but I dun really believe in horoscope compatability...

Comment

The only fengshui stuff I believe in is "keeping house free of clutter".
          Somehow, the day after I clean up my house (every week, I'd vacuum & mop the whole house), I find that my auctions biz will pick up...weird... but I am happy!

Other than that, I don't belive in other aspects of fengshui.

Comment

i agree with kopibeauty. i mop my house once every 2 days and try to de-clutter whenever i can

Comment

I am a big fan of Fengshui. My favourite author is Lilian Too. I used to go to this fengshui shop near Burlington Square and opposite OG to get my lucky charms. So far, I bought 3 legged toads biting a coin and placed them near my door for wealth. For Romance, I put a rose quartz tied with a red ribbon at the southwest corner of my room.

Fortunately, my auspicious directions coincide with hubby, so no clashes.

Comment

I agree with Kopibeauty too because I think that messy house is a reflection of a messy state of mind!

Comment

i was just reading the Lilian Too book. But im really puzzled. Since one of the main elements of Fengshui is achieved through Kua and kua is calculated through the year of birth. Wouldn't that be too generalised?

I feel rather upset that my auspicious directions clashes with him totally. Im a east person and he is totally west oriented.

sigh.

Originally posted by Smartcat
                  I am a big fan of Fengshui. My favourite author is Lilian Too. I used to go to this fengshui shop near Burlington Square and opposite OG to get my lucky charms. So far, I bought 3 legged toads biting a coin and placed them near my door for wealth. For Romance, I put a rose quartz tied with a red ribbon at the southwest corner of my room.

Fortunately, my auspicious directions coincide with hubby, so no clashes.

Comment

there's a webbie i used to visit.. www.wofs.com

fengshui is more used on positioning ur furnitures/auspicious ornaments in the right direction that benefits u. i have heard of many cases ppl strike lottery becus of that.

I remembered my pri sch tutor told me never ever place a horse statue with its front legs raising up high in the air facing ur main door.
                    when i saw a statue like that at my bf house, mentioned it to his mother and she quickly removed it. Then, the next few days, she striked 4D!!! very coincidental rite? hehee

ysilveer, whenever there's a "poison arrow", there should be some methods to salvage the situation right?

plus, fengshui is not fixed. it's not insisting that u must stay in the auspicious direction to survive. it's jus suggesting that this direction may prosper u.

there should be a balancing point between the extremes. but that must be veri complicated and not easy to achieve.. i'm also abit unsure.. that's why ppl need to consult professional fengshui masters...
                    Last edited by stonez; 04-04-2005, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I don't believe in feng shui. In real life, there are always good & bad things happening around us.even if bad things happen to me, I certainly believe that something good can be created out of them.

Comment

ysilveer, spot on! The Kua is based on the year of birth and that is as generalised as saying all taurus are stubborn (no offence to the taureans pls)

Likewise to the chinese horoscope of 12 animals or the western horoscope.

You shouldn't take it too seriously when people comment that your animal clashes with that of your boyfriend From what I know, the animal sign makes up just 1/8 of the birth data - do you know we are talking about 12.5% when we based it on the animal sign.

Relax and don't let it bother you that much
                        Last edited by aaee; 05-04-2005, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I like Fengshui, i believe in it and I think its true.
                          Never have mirrors when u are sleeping too.
                          Its bad!

Comment

has anyone ever paid for feng shui services? any recommandations for feng shui masters?

i heard from friends that in a particular poly, fengshui is being offered as a subject. I find it very interesting.
                            :roll:

Comment

Hmm, there is a program in Starhub Cable TV, Ch 52 called Taiwan Miao Miao Miao on fengshui. Very interesting. They taught people how to block away "sa" and to increase luck. Each week, they will go to different people's house to help them.

Here are some interesting things I can remember :
                              - Your fridge and stove should not face any door
                              - If your balcony is round, it will be the best, to block everything unlucky outside
                              - If you want to get rid of "small people", your last finger must be longer than the ring finger's last line. If not, just grow nails long enough to cross the line. Tie a black or blue cotton string in clockwise direction, and tie one knot everyround, until 5 knots. (Sorry my description sucks!)
                              - Gold color is very good in enhancing luck, so gold color sofa is a must.
                              - If you have a altar, there should not be any electrical appliances near it.

But I missed those parts that taught us how to prevent "lost of money". That is no matter how much you earn, you just seem not able to save money. I am someone like that, especially these few years! :Doh: So anyone knows anything about this?

Comment

Working...
                              X