New Pope Elected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pope Elected

News just in: New pope has been elected!Cardinal Joseph Zaringer is Pope Benedict.

I think it was so interesting to see the crowd and hear the bells and cheers,from the news on tv.Live right now!

It something new to me to witness the way the announcement was made that a new pope had been elected came from the traditional white smoke billowing out of a chimney.

Comment

yeah...it was very interesting and exciting though i'm not a catholic
      did you see the number of people in the square?Gosh!

Comment

hee can relate to dan brown's demon and angel

Comment

I just bought the da vinci code(not that it has anything to do with this but haha your mentioning of that book reminded me of it)

Comment

Agree with cup. Dan brown's book does give a good description on how the conclave is actually held and done. Ange, have you read the Angels and Demons book? I heard from a few friends that it would be good that you read the Angels and Demons one first and you would understand the Da Vinci Code book better as it has a slight continuation?

Just finished Angels and Demons , yet to get the Da Vinci book!

Anyway , I hope this new pope would be as good or even better than Pope John Paul II. I thought the latter was an amazing man and it really touched my heart when I saw his biography on TV.

Comment

LOL after reading both Dan Brown's books my only thought was that this guy sleeps with both the beautiful sexy women huh?

Anyway both books are very interesting though in their own right.

But yes it was really interesting to see a new pope elected. I know some of my catholic friends were pretty touched.

Comment

jean you are right! Not to mention that in the A&D book , the guy was shot in the leg by the Hassassin and he still could survive! Wonder whether the bullet went to the femur artery.

Yep, guess it was the first time for the Catholic Church to ever be sorta chased after by the media in terms of election and stuff. Very awe.

Comment

Yeapyeap! and i just finished reading that book, A&D, came the news! i was soooo excited to know more but was too busy +tired (excuse for laziness) due to work to catch more news about him! and i did not catch the biography!

Comment

Oh I've missed the live telecast.

Comment

sorry i am just curious this new pope is from which country? because the last pope not from vatican city.

Comment

cc_lia, this new pope is from Germany.
                        watched the live telecast too! its pretty heart warming to see people regardless of nationalities waving their flags and celebrating together...

Comment

yeah he is indeed a german!

Comment

cup, you so funny the way you put it as if there's are some ways to proof he is not a german. haha...

Comment

ha, I have just finished reading Dan's Angels and then the election took place, the conclave exactly took place as described minus the dramatical ending, of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X