Former SG President: Wee Kim Wee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former SG President: Wee Kim Wee

Former President Wee Kim Wee dies at the age of 89.

Very sad news on Labour Day.

News

huh?!?! such a sad news!
    i like him alot ...find him to be a compassionate and friendly president we had. beside ong teng cheong he was another president i truly look up to and respect a lot

Comment

"Dr Wee's body will be placed in the Istana for the public to pay their last respects from Tuesday till Thursday."

i think i will be going to to send my last respect for Dr Wee.

Comment

My best wishes and sincere condolences.

Comment

That is indeed sad news. I like him when he was president. Very warm and didn't seem to have any airs about him.

Comment

i like him & Ong Teng Cheong most

12 years down his stepdown, many do still remember him fondly

Comment

hmm.. i don't know him but i heard lotsa praises from my mum and friends. ong teng chong is another person who contribute as much too..
              the present president? hmmm....
              Last edited by luv_shan; 02-05-2005, 10:29 PM.

Comment

i guess that's because both him and ong teng chong projects the very warm and affable image...

Comment

I think I will go down on wednesday to pay my last respect to him. Ong Teng Cheong and him are the only political leaders I respect..

Comment

Respected Ong Teng Cheong & him the most too.Both of them will always stay in the hearts of the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by vernis
                      i like him & Ong Teng Cheong most

12 years down his stepdown, many do still remember him fondly
                      me too! these are 2 of my fave presidents around..

Comment

sincere condolences!

He is indeed a memorable president despite stepping down for so long..

Comment

I have great memories of WKW when he was a president. The first time I stepped foot into a school, I saw his picture all the way till OTC took over the position. It's saddening to hear news of his death.

Comment

same here. remembered all the while when i was still in primary school and enjoying the NDPs on tv with him as the president.

just saw the tv special on the late ex president. he was such a fatherly figure.

Comment

It saddens me to see his wife so sad

President Wee had this grandfatherly air abt him...i feel sadder for his demise than OTC...maybe becos he was in pain when he died.

Comment

Working...
                              X