Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystals (Shui Jing)

Anyone loves crystals?( Shui Jing) ..

I have a couple of bracelets of different stones.

My mum said that different colors are for different meanings(i believe)..

Pink - for love

White - anti radiation, purity

Black - to ward off evil

Purple - amethyst (my birthstone)

Golden threads (Jin si) - there are thin strands of golden threads inside the little bead of crystal, mummy says that the longer you wear the bracelet, the more the threads will grow. It will ward off evil too..

Some colored crystal bracelets.

I just adore them!!

Blue - For health
    Brown - For Wealth

Got a blue one from my bf.. That is what he told me. Correct me if I am wrong. Then I can go scold my bf for providing the wrong information.. Ha

Comment

oohh... these are headache for me. for one time, my DH & his colleagues were so into them, they got strings & strings of them. They DIY at home.

His colleague's dogs even ate & passed them out coz split over the floor. Nowadays, they mellow down.

Comment

Pets eat anything and everthing it seems! My bro's rabbit chewed on its cage!

Where can we find these crystals? A colleague got me a handphone strap consisting of crystals representing my horoscope. It's interesting; they state the origin of the crystals. For Leos, it's Cha Jing (tea crystals, literally). Originated from Burma.

Comment

I bought horoscope handphone straps for my friends too...but the handphone strap follows the chinese horoscope and consists of 3 animals....different horoscope have different mix of animals which will aid you...chinese name for is "san bao chuan"

Comment

Jing, i saw your sms late night yesterday

It is ex. getting from retailers or kiosk. Go Racecourse Road find, has got few suppliers there, cheaper than FuLuShou side.

but only those blessed ones work, that's why the bunch of crystal-stringers gave up. some of them even buy bottled mineral water to wash, instead of tap water then some also sun the stones ??????

Comment

Hey girls, must beware of those fake crystals sellers near Fu Lu Shou. It's better to buy from shops inside Fu Lu Shou. My mum got it from my uncle. My black bracelet cost 50+ because it is supposed to be blessed and have some 'tiger eyes' or something.

My mum always recharges the crystals by placing them on top of a big crystal overnight. I think washing with tap water should be ok.

There's a birthstone for every month. My birthday is in Feb, so it's amethyst! Pretty purple.

Comment

Just curious... how to know whether it is real or fake? I always interested to buy crystals but afraid will be conned...

Comment

humm.. heavier than normal.. try buying from reputable shops. DOnt have those plastic kind of feeling.. Can see that all beads are individually patterned.

HTH!

Comment

ok... is it to say that those crystal braclets we see normally are fake crystals? cost between $10 to $20+...

Comment

Originally posted by yaroopig
                      ok... is it to say that those crystal braclets we see normally are fake crystals? cost between $10 to $20+...
                      nono,
                      dont let a few black sheep spoil the whole 'industry' (can't think of a better word..)

as starry05 mentioned, the feel of the crystals are quite 'solid', put it in your palm and feel. it should feel cold too.

Comment

Originally posted by vernis
                        but only those blessed ones work, that's why the bunch of crystal-stringers gave up. some of them even buy bottled mineral water to wash, instead of tap water then some also sun the stones ??????
                        i think the crystals work, regardless whether blessed or not...
                        maybe, the crystals and the wearer "fengshui" or what clash?

oh, when you bought the crystals, cleanse them, cos they might have been touched by other people.
                        after cleansing, only you and you alone can touch them, must infuse the crystals with your physhic (sp?) aura....

you can try using salt to cleanse, put in salt water over sometime, like 3 days or so.
                        then tap on the crystal lightly to 'wake' them up.

althernatively, you can put outside the window to cleanse them under the moonlight. (not sunlight!) ..full moon would be good.....

Comment

oh dear oh dear oh dear. i think a lot of misunderstanding is circulating. I'm afraid to tell you ladies that the crystal associations are more complicated than just what colour cause what effects.

First and foremost, crystals are naturally occuring substances of a fixed chemical composition -- resulting in a fixed internal structure giving it unique qualities like hardness, colour, magnatism, etc. For example, our common salt is a natural crystal. So is the diamond. Sometimes traces of "impurities" can cause the same crystal, eg. sapphires to have different colours. cost depends on rarity for a large part but also depends on the Cs: clarity, cut, colour, carat (weight). So there can be affordable citrines you can buy cheap and gem-quality ones which costs a heck of a lot more. If you look at the former, you may find the colour is duller and there are many impurities in the stones.

In this way, by the way, "swarovski crystals" are not crystals.

Authenticating crystals can be a tricky affair. Man made stones can be very convincing. Experience in handling the various stones help. If not, buy only from reputable shops.

Essentially, it is believed that each crystal has its own natural vibrations and these correspond to the natural vibrations of various parts of our body/mind. Hence, placement of particular crystals close to certain areas on our bodies is believed to enhance these vibrations. There are several traditions of crystal association beliefs. For example, the popular Kundalini tradition says that we have 7 main energy centres (called Chakras or "wheels") in our bodies. These are associated to certain functions, stages of our lives and corresponding colours and crystals: Root Chakra: Red, Sacral Chakra: Orange, Solar Plexus Chakra: Yellow, Heart Chakra: Green, Throat Chakra: blue, Third Eye Chakra: purple, Crown Chakra: white/gold.

How it "works": For example, Throat chakra is "blocked" -- the communication function is disrupted. Eg. a person cannot express himself well in public, then wearing blue turquoise necklace around the neck for a while is supposed to stimulate the throat chakra and free communication. These things are strictly a case of if you believe then it works for you. But no harm trying if no one gets hurt right?

Then certain stones have more uses and qualities beyond their colour associations. For example, it is widely believed by most traditions that amber is a good stone for promoting good health and wealth for the wearer.

Then there are qualities based on legends: like sailors somewhere in Europe (sorry can't remember which country) who believe that wearing aquamarine prevents death from drowning at sea.

Certain crystals are associated with certain people: like birthstones. These are your lucky charms.

Also some are associated with certain parts of your bodies and are believed to help maintain the health of these parts should there be any imbalances present: eg. bloodstone for blood, moonstone for pregnancies and birth.

Because some crystals are believed to absorb bad vibrations from you like depressive thoughts, you need to "clean" them after a period of wear if not they become "polluted" and don't work. There are many ways to "clean" them. Sometimes certain stones cannot be cleaned by one method so other methods need to be used. Eg. some stones rust so cannot use water then use moonlight or use a bed of rock crystals. Some methods of cleaning are: running under cool tap water, hanging in the moonlight (sun not recommended for some crystals as their colours fade in the sunlight), putting it in a bed of rock crystals, putting it next to carnelian crystals (strong type of crystal which cleanses other crystals, afterwhich itself needs to be cleaned), tossing it in smoke (read that somewhere), putting it in salt water, etc.

After you clean them, it is believed that you need to "tune" them for you and your purpose: i.e. set the crystals to work for a particular purpose, eg. "amber bring me health".

There are lots of books in the library/bookstore on the healing properties of crystals which make nice converstation starter topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Urqurum
                            oh dear oh dear oh dear. i think a lot of misunderstanding is circulating. I'm afraid to tell you ladies that the crystal associations are more complicated than just what colour cause what effects.

There are lots of books in the library/bookstore on the healing properties of crystals which make nice converstation starter topics.
                            can recommend some reputable shops? I am looking for some fashionable crystal bracelet, pink color or brown or any nice color

Comment

www.energymuse.com

the stuffz in the webby looks nice...has anyone bought stuffz from there?

Comment

Working...
                              X