How to save money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to save money?

Ever since i get to know forums and online shopping, my bank account has been going down and never up!

Worse, i'm still a student. No job.
    I seriously need to save!!

How???

Saving needs a lot of discipline. you'll need to tell yourself to excercise some form of self-control. even if you see something you like or want,tell yourself that 'I Don't Need It'. It works for me.

Comment

don't surf CC?...

Comment

i think the correct question is not how to save money...

but how to make more $$$

there are lots of things you can sell... even if you are a student
        Last edited by xev; 04-05-2005, 03:58 PM.

Comment

How about setting up another bank account and forcing yourself to deposit money into it at the start of every month?

Comment

thats a great suggestion :D

open up a savings account...then throw away the ATM card...so you won't withdraw

Comment

Geee.. I hate such situations!! I am always broke.. But when i am left with no choice... I avoid CAFES and TAXIS

Comment

Originally posted by plain_substance
                How about setting up another bank account and forcing yourself to deposit money into it at the start of every month?

haha i do that, it works! however that a/c also have atm card. but i keep it at home. till i can't resist my temptations, i'll take it to use.

so do keep a savings a/c without atm card! and once you get your pay, deposit some amt into that. and DO NOT TOUCH!!! spend what you are left with. even if it's very miserable. this way, you can save alot!

Comment

babyluv, can try taking up tuition assignments.

Comment

Remove all the $$ from your bank account that can transfer $$ out, that should stop you! It stopped me... temporarily

Comment

Taxis are a BIG waste of money!!! It's amazing how much one can save by waking up and getting out of the house earlier to take bus/mrt.

Not like I'm that disciplined myself

Originally posted by evillin
                      Geee.. I hate such situations!! I am always broke.. But when i am left with no choice... I avoid CAFES and TAXIS

Comment

but if u open up another savings acc. and u leave the ATM card at hme, how do u deposit money? by queuein at the bank?

Comment

I force myself to save a sum of $$ every month by withdrawing it and leaving it with my mom every time i get my pay cheque. So I am free to spend the rest of the $$. It may not be good but so far it's effective for me. I can't be trusted with $$ . There are just way too many temptations.

Comment

Haha Babyluv, I think we're in the same situation. Well, what I do is that, when I buy something new, something old must get out of my cupboard... meaning I sell off my other stuff before I buy new stuff. And I also just try to buy stuff that I need. Of course, cut down on movies, cafes and taxis.

Comment

Pass the money to someone u trust and make that person save up for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X