Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public transport price hike

heard this from the news.

one reason is because of the increase in petrol cost. but will they ever lower the fare if petrol cost increase?

no more mrt concession for me in the near future.. gosh.. imagine how much i've to spend...
    Last edited by luv_shan; 04-05-2005, 11:54 PM.

what can we do..singapore is raising its cost of living. Prices for services goes up and never goes down. This is not the first time they are increasing transport fees. And i don't think this will be their last either.

Comment

the rich will become richer.. and the poor will become poorer..

Comment

the oil price will almost never decrease because its supply will only decrease since it is a natural resource.
        I find it a valid argument though, look at Australia which is also increasing their airport tax to around 400 due tho the hike in petrol.
        But the bus company claim that the numbers of people using public transport are decreasing, that statistic must be verified though.

Comment

sighs.. monopoly!

Comment

when will this hike take place?

Comment

No choice about the increase in transport fees right? Not to mention that taxes has already increased , I was not surprised that there would be a hike in transport. Not only transport fees increase, ERP charges are also increasing

I would very much prefer to use the Bus concession rather than the MRT one. I personally dont enjoy taking the MRT too

Comment

the most accessible transport for me is MRT. would prefer bus too coz it's much more cheaper. but most of the time, my SO and I end up taking the bus ride halfway coz we're sensitive to bus - giddy. lol.. forgotten what's that word called. in chinese 'yun-che'.

Comment

I view it as draining our pocket with all these hike

Don't you think our expenses is increasing but not our pay And in the future, most of the Singaporean will be poor people Because all their savings already go into the hikes

Comment

I sm sure no one is gonna complain about the hike if everyone gets an increase in pay. With the hike, we will have lesser disposable income than before.

Comment

I think what most consumers are irked about is that this hike is coming in spite of the fact that both SMRT and SBS posted pretty high after-tax profits last year, but of course the companies claim that most of their profit didn't come from their bus/train operations. I feel as if a hike occured not too long ago and now suddenly it's happening again.

Comment

Unless I work for the transport company, I certainly would not be happy about the hike in transport prices... wonder if Singapore is getting really too expensive to live in... sigh

Comment

partially the reason why the transport company is losing money.. see some aunties/uncles squeezing up the bus with you and act blur by not tapping their ezlink card? or some others(including young gals) who tap when they pass by the machine before they even get down? thats so unorthodox and cheapo, thats why transport companies always lose miney and end up getting from us.. sigh... its alreadying costing me ~$5 a day.. wonder whats gonna be the price a few years down

Comment

Originally posted by smurffy
                            or some others(including young gals) who tap when they pass by the machine before they even get down? thats so unorthodox and cheapo, thats why transport companies always lose miney and end up getting from us.. sigh... its alreadying costing me ~$5 a day.. wonder whats gonna be the price a few years down
                            gawd i do that sometimes. My SO taught me that, not self taught!
                            But the new buses prevents such "cheap tactics" from happening, cuz they kinda lock the tapping machine and only allow you to tap when you reach the stop.

Comment

Well, if petrol prices go up, it's only logical that bus fares go up too. But what irks me is that poly students don't get student concession! Are poly students richer than jc students? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X