Medical Certificates (MC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Certificates (MC)

Hi i wonder if we can bring our unutilised MC to the clinic to change to a day later?

Went to see a doc today was given one day MC. However, tomorrow i have training at work. So do you think it's possible for me to bring the MC back to the clinic to amend the date? i need some rest...
    Pardon me, will i be a nuisance to make such request?

aha i want to laugh at my own post. I think i'll just call up the clinic tomorrow to ask...

Comment

cup, MC date cant be change, but if the doctor is kind enough, they'll issue you another one.

tell him you're still feeling unwell.

Comment

MC is not like voucher... Given for a particular day means doc thinks u need rest that day. Cannot postpone. if can go for training means after that will be fit then.

Comment

cup, I asked my doctor that before too! But apparently thats not possible! However, you can go down to the clinic and request for another day's MC. Just let them know you are unfit for work

Comment

haha its ok its ok...because actually the doc did not give me any mc..the counter staff ask me if i have any mc..i said no..she say if i want mc i can just give her a call..so i say can i have one day? she said SURE~ hahah ..anyway its some eye infection..it gets real itchy when i go for lunch..however im still fit for work..so i guess..hmm its ok...

Comment

cup cup you also make me laugh. What I've encountered for doctors is that you can call them up and tell them you are still unwell and they will "extend" your MC meaning they will give you another one to cover you. However it is highly dependent on the Doc as well.

Take care!!

Comment

i think cannot change the date on the MC...
                maybe you can go and tell the doctor that you still not feeling well..
                he will confirm give you one more day MC...

Comment

nono i do not mean change MC on the date....i meant showing him the unutilised MC and give me for another day..just in case he thinks taking 2 days is too much...haha

Comment

anyway! im so sorry for this stupid thread! ahahha thanks girls for your help...i sound so dumb! arg :Doh: :Doh:

Comment

oh...
                      heehee...
                      maybe i mistaken...

Comment

how do u girls fake mc? care to share? thanks!

Comment

BleuBleu,

normally I fake as in I still see the doctor but I pretend to be sick. Just pick those illnesses that they can't check. Diarhhea and food poisoning normally they can't really tell but don't overexaggerate your symptoms because serious food poisoning symptoms are detectable when they do a body check, so if you overexaggerate and they can't find the telltale signs, then they'll know you're lying. Migraines are another one they can't tell, and menstrual cramps also. I normally pick one of those three. HTH! But normally doctors are quite nice, they don't really care,they normally just give an MC quite easily.

Comment

wow great advice! mc expert! I usually try period cramps or migraine as well...but always feel quite bad/guilty... wondering if the doc is thinking "another one who just wants mc..."

Comment

actually they can check diahorea by pressing on the stomach. with diahorea, the stomach feels soft and squishy, IIRC. And the really good docs can actually feel 'beyond' the intenstines and know if there are any s*** stuck in the gut as in constipation or the intestines are empty as in diahorea. Heard this from a doc friend but usually most docs will close an eye to it as they know the patients just want a day off.

Comment

Working...
                              X