Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Spree?

Hi all,

Just want to find out if cotters find that there are more new cotters who openly ask for sprees in the apparels threads? I am not sure if I am too sensitive but I definitely see an increase. What do the rest think? And what has cause this increase? :eh:

Guess it is because sprees are few and far in between? If I'm not wrong there can only be a certain number of sprees that can be held every month? Plus slots get taken up lightning fast, so they might think it it will be easier to join any private sprees that happen to be open or something. Just my

Comment

definately more requests for sprees, but this isnt a spree forum!

i guess with private sprees, there are less rules but there is always a risk the person in charge will do a runner

Comment

i noticed that too, and it's not just sprees. in the swap thread as well. people using it to advertise their auctions, or selling things from factory outlet at exorbitant prices... and many of these are new cotters. in fact some only post on their swap thread and contribute nowhere else.

if i we come across a PS (private spree ) organizer or participant who is a new cotter with very few posts or is a chalker, chances are i wouldn't trust the person. i think it's just common sense. other than that, sometimes PS can be thought of as a few friends who met through cozycot and sharing shipping costs

having said that, even "regular" cotters who dare show their face on their avatars have done runners. but let's not take this thread that way Please....

Comment

It is basically impossible to stop private sprees from going on and mods can only spot far and few sprees in between. I think, at the end of the day it is up to the individual's own sense and sensibility to differentiate the 'trustworthiness' of the person conducting the private spree. As long as they know that they are doing it at their own risk and they acknowledges that CC is not liable for any unpleasantries and on-goings, we can't really stop them.....

However, mods do try to prevent certain sprees at our own discretion.

Comment

Though I am pretty new cotter myself, I see a danger in sprees. There is always a case of people who wish to run off. I don't really understand why myself. Espcially very common on US websites too, almost wanted to buy something, but the seller came on too strong. Likely wanted to take the money and run away. Being a buyer can be a scary thing.

Some will always chase after money. Thats why its good to start slowly with someone you ain't very sure of. Good Merchants with good manners seem so elusive at times.

my non organised 2 cents worth of thoughts.

Comment

Hi private sprees are done in private so if you join then its at your own risk, but the main point is that why is there an increase suddenly? The last time when I join & the spree section have not even started but there wasn't alot of new cotters asking openly, now if you go in to any one of the apparels thread, there is surely some request there. Is just abit irritating that the apparels thread most of the chat is about PMing each other about any Private sprees & not about the brands itself.
              Last edited by beibei; 25-05-2005, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Apologise if we haven't been cleaning out those spree requests as quickly as we can. Which, Beibei? I'll go take a look. Thanks

Comment

No no, its not your faults, I don't mean that definitely! The mods have been great, like what I had always say, this forum is definitely neater & clutter-free!

I think most of the Apparels thread, there would be some PM me if there is a spree.

Comment

Agree with beibei. The apparels thread have been having alot of sprees and cotters who say that " if there is a spree, please PM me". I find it abit offensive though. maybe it is just me. I feel that it is rude to ask for a spree just because you fancy something from a certain site! :roll:

I have been receiving alot of private emails on joining sprees and they are not CC based.

Comment

hee hee not bad mich, u got private emails eh!

i got PMs about career advice!

Comment

Originally posted by stilafaux
                        Agree with beibei. The apparels thread have been having alot of sprees and cotters who say that " if there is a spree, please PM me". I find it abit offensive though. maybe it is just me. I feel that it is rude to ask for a spree just because you fancy something from a certain site! :roll:

I have been receiving alot of private emails on joining sprees and they are not CC based.
                        Michelle... I think i wrote "if there is a spree, please pm me" before

Just my . Sprees don't come often, and even if they do, i tend to miss it most of the times even though i already have in mind what i want from that spree. Recent sprees seem to require faster payment now which i'm not able to cope with that (as i need some time to get to the ATM). Because i find it cumbersome, i have resorted to buying what i want online and "swallow" the costly shipping fee myself . But i felt better if i can get the item that i really "want and need" as sometimes the item you been lemming for ages may just go OOS whenever there is a SALE.

So for now, if i see something that i fancy, i will get it instead of requesting for spree and waiting for it to happen. Private sprees have its pros and cons, but i figure out that there are more cons than pros, i would not challenge myself to take the risks

Ps: You won't see me typing "if there's a spree, lmk" from now

Comment

LOL I don't like the 'if it's a spree lmk' line because firstly you should take the initiative to check out the spree section if you want to join a spree. The organizers are pretty much tied up with neatening and collating the responses to really have the time to PM everyone anyway.

Anyway everyone will have their own opinions on this. I think the increase might be due to the influx of newbies as well...so

Comment

Jean, you're right. Take a peep at the spree request section is what i will do once in a while now. No more "if there's a spree, lmk" lines. I understand that the organizers are pretty busy as there have been quite a few sprees lately and some have yet to be settled. All i can say is, got to be patient and got to be quick when it comes. Righto?

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 12:29 AM. Reason: ......................

Comment

Working...
                              X