• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the M1 mobile got cut off ...

Hi

I wanna ask around if the M1 Handphone service got cut off due to
    delay in paying the bill which end up summing to abt $400

How much to put in to recover the services?
    Will $100 be enough?
    Need to inform M1 operator or not?

Erm.. don't you think calling M1 should do it, Sandia? We're not the people deciding if $100 is enough If you're committed to repaying the outstanding bill, I'm quite sure the service provider would hear you out. Talk to the CS soon. Good luck!

Comment

oh .. it actually my friend

the fella ask me to borrow her $100 so that she can recover the service till she got money

but I wonder whether 100 is enough to recover that

thought just in case anyone here went through the same situation before
      can provide the details that all

I read from another forum , need to pay 2 month max to recover the service.

Comment

Nope, if it got cut, you'll need to pay the full sum before they re-activate the line. HTHs.

Comment

Yes, Ruth's right. You have to pay the full outstanding amount.

Comment

I understand, Sandia Like I said, if the debtor can't cough up the full sum now, try discussing a form of repayment scheme with the service provider. I'm quite sure they don't have a standard about such matters, since it's money.. much will depend on the sums. Just an idea. HTHs and good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
              I understand, Sandia Like I said, if the debtor can't cough up the full sum now, try discussing a form of repayment scheme with the service provider. I'm quite sure they don't have a standard about such matters, since it's money.. much will depend on the sums. Just an idea. HTHs and good luck
              I think she would most probably have to pay the full amount to resume back the service. Instalments im not sure, never heard of it..

Comment

Can always 'try our luck' Well the other forummers got lucky, didn't they!

Comment

is the line got cut or already disconnected?
                  How long has it been cut?
                  in any case your friend will need to pay the full amount.
                  but if the line is already disconnected, then can't keep the old number

Comment

oh I am not sure also .
                    If she needs to pay the full amount then what the point of me lending her just $100 .

Call the operator? umm but anyone tried this method before?

Comment

Is it possible to put in the money without informing the operator and the services will come back automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by brumeux
                        is the line got cut or already disconnected?
                        How long has it been cut?
                        in any case your friend will need to pay the full amount.
                        but if the line is already disconnected, then can't keep the old number

I am not sure whether was it cut off or disconnected
                        when I called her hp the operator will say .
                        ' the line is currently not in service ' so does this means cut or disconnected??

It just started yesterday night only that I could not call her hp anymore

previously for a short while is she can call and message out but can recieve message and recieve call .

so now is totally cannot recieve as well as totally cannot use

Comment

If it's only happened recently, looks like her line is suspended, not disconnected yet.
                          yes, she can just go to pay without informing the operator and in such case her line will be reconnected. However it's not as automatically as she pays and the line is reconnected on the spot.
                          if she goes to customer service center, ask them if she can get her line immediately reconnected.
                          if she goes to singpost or 7-11, of course she will need to wait until the payment is recieved by M1 and processed.

M1 CSC

If she wants to opt for installment, approach the customer service and it might be subject to approval.

Comment

Sandia

Firstly, M1 customer service is not one of best around for sure. Your friend can always call them to *negotiate* like a cotter suggested earlier But highly likely, they would ask you to pay all that is due less off the last bill. Depends on the date due of that bill, they would give you a later *pay by* date for that amount. Say she owes $100 for June's bill, she would need to pay S$300 to reconnect the line. The balance can be paid later.

Reconnection is free if line is suspended. Normally when line is suspended, you should immediately try to negotiate. If the line is disconnected[i.e. pending a few days, 7 days or so, grace from suspension], I am afraid your friend would be liable for reconnection charges.

When you make any form of payment, you must call or fill up the form on M1 site to tell them to reconnect. Otherwise, they would not connect. So long you have the receipt ref #, most of the time, they would reconnect immediately. They disconnect your phone automatically but they would never reconnect automatically. That's the way they work.

HTHs!

Comment

hi farah,

would like to comment on this one
                              "They disconnect your phone automatically but they would never reconnect automatically. That's the way they work."

I believe, M1 will automatically reconnect the line after the payment is processed in a case of suspension (ie. after the payment is reflected in their database and system takes out the overdue line from overdue list), customer service should be able to advise on this matter.

As for disconnect the phone automatically, I guess it's because there are ample times given to customer, since her friend has experienced the situation whereby she couldn't make call out, but only can receive call and sms in/out.
                              At that point, if she still needs the line, she can contact M1 or arrange for payment, why wait until line is out of service?
                              If I'm not mistaken, when the line can receive call & sms in/out, at the point we want to make a call out, we will hear a recorded announcement to remind us why we can't call out.
                              I think as other operators do, M1 also sends warning letter to us when overdue amount is not paid.

Probably Sandia can check, how long since the earliest bill overdue until her friend's line is suspended?

Agree with Farah & cheng, in a case that we don't know what to do to get our line reconnected, we can always approach the customer service.

just sharing some info here.. hope it can be of any help for cotters

Comment

Working...
                              X