• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blasts on London tube, buses

CNN news
    Article

i am shocked :roll:
    Last edited by natnatviv; 07-07-2005, 06:23 PM.

Oh gosh.. this is terrible!! Seem like some disgruntled ppl out there unhappy about London winning the Olympic bid.. But they shouldn't be showing displeasure through violence... & violence on innocent civilains too! What a shame..

Comment

Terrible!!!!! Who are those inconsiderate pp??!! Hope they will die in hell!

Comment

Oh God, that's terrible news. Wonder what's the actual cause...

Comment

Could be some unhappy ppl from the losing bidders for the Olympic hosting.. could be resurgence of Al Qaeda terrorist, could be sadistic pranksters trying to create havoc by banking on the Olympic host issue.. sometimes, really cannot fathom what these crazy ppl are brewing in those puny minds!

Comment

Yes i am guessing is because of the Olympics issue too :eh:
            Lucky, Xue is back in here. Oh wait, is Vel in London? :Doh:

Comment

i am working in ldn now and situations not too good frankly.....few tubes stations and buses were bombed....few pple died and alot of injured too....

imagine just this morning we were asked to alight 2 stations before liverpool street station.....and i have to take a bus home too.....it could be me in the buses as well....

when back in office heard it is real bad........6 blasts in total.....

either G8 or due to olympic bid....in any case real sick

Comment

Originally posted by jemay
                Yes i am guessing is because of the Olympics issue too :eh:
                Lucky, Xue is back in here. Oh wait, is Vel in London? :Doh:
                Vel is ok. She just sms me to help her search online for a shop address.

Comment

Ack, that is so scary! To think that it happen right after the Olympic bid which London won! I hope all the cotters who are there are alright!

I simply don't understand the rationale behind these bombings. There is no logic and justification there to bomb and cause death and injury to innocent civilians.

Comment

Originally posted by momopeach
                    Vel is ok. She just sms me to help her search online for a shop address.
                    i was wondering about her! good to hear shes fine

Comment

When I heard the news last nite, Caramelgirl's safety came to my mind. Glad to know she is okie.

Hope there will be no more fatalities. Think they did the bombing due to the G8 thing, not because of Olympics hosting?

Comment

Yup, its confirmed it's a terrorist attack

You are right bee...It's not because of the Olympics hosting...

Comment

Many of us were told not to come into work today but most of us did but left early. Thankfully all my friends and family are safely accounted for, but the papers are running stories on those whose families and friends are desperately trying to contact. It's a horrible situation but ppl are returning to life as normal. Timing is 'brilliant' from the terrorists' point of view because of the G8 summit and London's win of the Olympic bid. But many experts say attacks like this normally take months of preparation so I guess it's difficult to guess their intent

Comment

my friend is still in London...kinda of worried. It didnt rang a bell in my head when I learnt about the news till later part...
                            it was only 24 hours after their won the bid for Olympics..too shocking...

Wonder what do terrorists gain from hurting people.

Comment

sigh....

The people who did such things are totally cold-blooded.... They just get joy out of destroying innocent lifes...
                              Worse still the terrorist groups out there are busying claiming that they did the job!

namida, hope ur friend is fine... yeah it's a shock to many of us... Even more so for the people who are living there....

Comment

Working...
                              X